Sign in to follow this  
HipKat

McConnell admits Trump 'responsible' for insurrection

after voting against conviction

Top Senate Republican Mitch McConnell delivered a scathing rebuke of Donald Trump on Saturday despite voting to acquit the former president on an impeachment charge, saying he was responsible for the January 6 mob assault on the US Capitol.

"There's no question -- none -- that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day," McConnell said in a speech following the vote that led to Trump's acquittal.

"These criminals were carrying his banners. Hanging his flags. And screaming their loyalty to him."

He called Trump's actions leading up to the siege "a disgraceful dereliction of duty."

McConnell went further and suggested Trump could face charges now that he is out of office.

"President Trump is still liable for everything he did while he was in office, as an ordinary citizen," he said. "He didn't get away with anything yet."

The Republican from Kentucky, however, said he voted to acquit Trump on a charge of inciting insurrection because, he said, it is unconstitutional to convict a president in an impeachment trial after he has left office.

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

donald trump laughing GIF

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Just now, SackMan518 said:

donald trump laughing GIF

But you don't see my posts..... o0

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

15 hours ago, Thebowflexbody said:

LOL.  Fuck McConnell.  Can't stand the guy.

Even when he’s right?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 212frawk said:

why?

Because he said something that wasn't kissing Trump's fat orange ass

• Barf 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

McConnell is so full of shit

all hes doing is trying to straddle the fence. hes trying to maintain dons delusional base, while mollifying the moderates by saying don is indeed guilty. he knows full well impeachment after leaving office is constitutional, he just wants to speak out of both sides of his mouth

this strategy is going to severely hurt republicanism going forward. they are going to let trump remain a voice in the party, infuriating the majority of republican and independent voters who now despise trumpism, and whatever mitch does wont go far enough to satisfy dons delusional base that will insist on more, more, more far right wing bullshit from the party. the split will continue indefinitely and cause them to lose many elections they otherwise would have won

fuck em. i want balanced gubmint, to keep the crazy dems in check. but todays republicanism has turned legitimately evil, with many examples how they have no moral compass whatsoever, dont care about the constitution, and dont give a fuck about the american people. the dems are insane, but insane isnt as bad as just plain evil, so fuck the republicans. i hope they stay in the desert for a long time until they are forced to change

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

7 hours ago, foster said:

Even when he’s right?

dont be fooled. its a ploy. he'd say cows were voting illegally if he thought it would help retain the brainwashed trumpsters. hes now the biggest liar in gubmint with don slinking around a regular citizen again

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

17 minutes ago, Meathead said:

dont be fooled. its a ploy. he'g say cows were voting illegally if he thought it would help retain the brainwashed trumpsters. hes now the biggest liar in gubmint with don slinking around a regular citizen again

I don’t disagree. I do appreciate those that line up behind him and other GOP are some of the first to flip the moment he says something they don’t like. 

3 hours ago, foster said:

I don’t disagree. I do appreciate those that line up behind him and other GOP are some of the first to flip the moment he says something they don’t like. 

LOL