Crazy Legs

Would you release/let of of Milano, Quinton Jefferson & Mario Addison to sign JJ

If the Bills are serious about signing JJ Watt, they will need to find the money to do so.

It would certainly make it more likely that Matt Milano would leave via Free Agency.

Plus in order to find the Cap to pay JJ Watt, the Bills would probably have to release Quinton Jefferson (saving $6 million) and Mario Addison (saving $4 million).
(I don't know how to go about doing post June 1 cuts...)

Those 3 moves would be one way to make it possible to sign JJ Watt.   Do you vote to do what is necessary to sign Watt?

Draft OL-Dillion Radunz, TE Tommy Tremble, OG-Quinn Meinerz 

1230871605-dynomite_answer_5_xlarge.jpeg

• Trump 1

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

Jefferson and Addison were major disappointments in 2020, so I wouldn't be against it.

More important, would McBeane be against it?

1 hour ago, Crazy Legs said:

Plus in order to find the Cap to pay JJ Watt, the Bills would probably have to release Quinton Jefferson (saving $6 million) and Mario Addison (saving $4 million).

Here's who I'd cut to make room for Watt and Milano

Screenshot_021321_021959_PM.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, 212frawk said:

Same but also I'd just offer Milano 10m and if he doesn't want it he can go too

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Same but also I'd just offer Milano 10m and if he doesn't want it he can go too

Agree, $16MM for Watt, $10MM for Milano and its a wash for those 4 players

1 hour ago, 212frawk said:

I would release John Brown and use that money to pay Jon Feliciano.

If you cut both Q Jefferson and V Butler that gives you enough to sign 1 player, i.e. JJ Watt.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jayhall93 said:

JJ is washed up, PEDs have destroyed him .

He doesn't  take PEDS lol 

• Like 1

reinhart2-wjc-2014.jpg

MY TOP TEN 2014

1.Sam Reinhart 2. Aaron Ekblad 3. leon Draisaitl 4. Nikolaj Ehlers. 5 Michael DalColle 6. . Sam Bennett

7. Nick Ritchie 8 Brendan Perlini 9 Haydn Fleury 10 David Pastrnak.

MY TOP TEN 2015

1A Connor McDavid . 1B Jack Eichel 3.Mitchell Marner 4. Noah Hanifin 5.Mathew Barzal Dylan Strome 6. 7.Oliver Kylington 8. Pavel Zacha 9.Zach Werenski 10. Nick Merkley

Matthew Barzal , Connor Mcdavid Watch is on ...

IMO Jefferson and Milano are irrelevant in regards to Watt. They are gone anyway. 

1. Milano gone for sure. 

2. Butler/Jefferson/Brown: AT LEAST 2 have to go simply to have enough cap to fill out our roster. Likely all 3 are gone.

The big question is Addison. Do we cut him BEFORE signing a replacement? 

OR do we sign Watt and keep Addison around...give him a chance to compete in training camp with Hughes for 1 DE spot?

2 hours ago, B LO said:

IMO Jefferson and Milano are irrelevant in regards to Watt. They are gone anyway. 

1. Milano gone for sure. 

2. Butler/Jefferson/Brown: AT LEAST 2 have to go simply to have enough cap to fill out our roster. Likely all 3 are gone.

The big question is Addison. Do we cut him BEFORE signing a replacement? 

OR do we sign Watt and keep Addison around...give him a chance to compete in training camp with Hughes for 1 DE spot?

Good questions.

I still think the Bills will release John Brown in order to pay Jon Feliciano. 

Leaving Butler, Jefferson and Mario Addison as probable or possible cuts to free up funds to pay JJ Watt.

Of course, until JJ Watt says YES I want to come to Buffalo, and they work out the framework of a contract, it is a moot point.

You guys are crazy, we're not talking about the JJ Watt from like 5 years. At best he can get a little above vet minimum with heavy incentives on some kind of a 1 year "prove it" deal.

• Disagree 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

9 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

If the Bills are serious about signing JJ Watt, they will need to find the money to do so.

It would certainly make it more likely that Matt Milano would leave via Free Agency.

(I don't know how to go about doing post June 1 cuts...)

Those 3 moves would be one way to make it possible to sign JJ Watt.   Do you vote to do what is necessary to sign Watt?

Probably. They can resign if they want. Is mediocre play worth what the get paid? 

9 hours ago, 212frawk said:

Agree, $16MM for Watt, $10MM for Milano and its a wash for those 4 players

I’m weary of tossing to much to watt, has 2 full years out of his last 5.  He probably doesn’t care about a big payday RN either he wants to be on a contender 

13 hours ago, Hayward89 said:

In what universe is JJ Watt, now, not an upgrade from what the Bills have?

In the 2021 universe. Like I said, we're not talking about the JJ Watt from a few years ago here. Just look at his declining production and injury history and we may be on the hook for a guy who doesn't even complete a season.

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

7 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

I’m weary of tossing to much to watt, has 2 full years out of his last 5.  He probably doesn’t care about a big payday RN either he wants to be on a contender 

Leary?? lol..

JJ Watt is an all-pro vs when it comes to rushing the passer. Is he good against the run?? I don't think he's slowed down much, has he? That's what the Bills Defense has struggled with, historically. However, Tom Brady didn't shut down KC's offense, Tampa's Defense did and the Bills, to get to the Superbowl are going to need to get back to a top 3 Defense in all phases, IMO. SO, if the Bills want to spend that kind've cash on JJ Watt, is he good against the run?? 

I didn't pay a lot of attention to Houston, so I really don't know

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 hour ago, SackMan518 said:

In the 2021 universe. Like I said, we're not talking about the JJ Watt from a few years ago here. Just look at his declining production and injury history and we may be on the hook for a guy who doesn't even complete a season.

It's hard when your whole team quits and it's all on you . I'm telling you right now if we sign watt he will go all pro next year he wants to win bad 

reinhart2-wjc-2014.jpg

MY TOP TEN 2014

1.Sam Reinhart 2. Aaron Ekblad 3. leon Draisaitl 4. Nikolaj Ehlers. 5 Michael DalColle 6. . Sam Bennett

7. Nick Ritchie 8 Brendan Perlini 9 Haydn Fleury 10 David Pastrnak.

MY TOP TEN 2015

1A Connor McDavid . 1B Jack Eichel 3.Mitchell Marner 4. Noah Hanifin 5.Mathew Barzal Dylan Strome 6. 7.Oliver Kylington 8. Pavel Zacha 9.Zach Werenski 10. Nick Merkley

Matthew Barzal , Connor Mcdavid Watch is on ...

Watt is an upgrade to Addison, so see ya, Jefferson I like but he didn't live up to his contract and the savings are good, so see ya...throw Butler in there too, you got Star coming back and I'm fine with Zimmer as the 4th DT, if they want a 5th, they can draft a guy late. 

2 hours ago, gerbe75pts said:

It's hard when your whole team quits and it's all on you . I'm telling you right now if we sign watt he will go all pro next year he wants to win bad 

I don't doubt at all that Watt will play his heart out... the question is will his body cooperate?

Parler @NYexile

9 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

I don't doubt at all that Watt will play his heart out... the question is will his body cooperate?

It will be interesting to see where JJ Watt considers playing.    And how long it takes him to make a choice.

It might drag on for awhile....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

His presence alone will force opponents to game plan against HIM. Even in a declining skill set, there’s at least a 6+ game window where his legacy will be worth worrying about. 

If after a # of games he can’t shoulder the load, then you reapply his current skill set in a lesser role to maintain his impact. 

I wouldn’t care about if he’s not the JJ of old next year, it would be the following if it was obvious that he’s declining in effectiveness 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HipKat said:

Leary?? lol..

JJ Watt is an all-pro vs when it comes to rushing the passer. Is he good against the run?? I don't think he's slowed down much, has he? That's what the Bills Defense has struggled with, historically. However, Tom Brady didn't shut down KC's offense, Tampa's Defense did and the Bills, to get to the Superbowl are going to need to get back to a top 3 Defense in all phases, IMO. SO, if the Bills want to spend that kind've cash on JJ Watt, is he good against the run?? 

I didn't pay a lot of attention to Houston, so I really don't know

Wary** 😂

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

I know. I said "Watt now." I know he's older. I know he's had some injuries that have plagued him. I understand the $$ argument. The price has to be right. But what Watt could bring to this D Line, could be enough to get the Bills (defensively) ready for the Chiefs. Because the road to SB 56 goes through KC. Even if he's not a "three down" per series guy...

Offensively, the Bills have to protect JA better and sprout a run game. The former might be easier if they can at least do the latter.

• Like 1

No, this is all in good fun...I would never say this to your face...well, okay, but I'd say it with a smile

With a lower cap, a lot of teams will be forced to cut some good players. I'd sign Watt for 2-3 years around 12 million per and wait to see who's looking for work after the draft. We get Star back, still have Phillips. Watt and Epenenza on the ends. Just need a little depth. Young hungry and cheap. 

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets............