Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Woody

Tom Brady has gotten an undeserved pass for his past support of Donald Trump

Recommended Posts

Is Tom Brady gonna get cancelled next?  :niterider:

 

Tom Brady was happy to talk politics until he wasn’t.

The Make America Great Again hat in his locker, the flippant endorsement of then-presidential candidate Donald Trump. Only when those ties became inconvenient did Brady decide he wanted to “stick to sports,” and that he preferred to be a beacon of positivity rather than delve into society’s thorny ills.

How mighty white of him.

Brady’s ability to enter and exit the debate at his choosing, to shield himself from accountability, is the height of white privilege. As this country grapples with the far reaches of systemic racism, look no further than Brady, for whom the expectations, and allowances granted, will always be different.

“Whiteness is the benefit of the doubt,” said David Leonard, author of "Playing While White: Privilege and Power on and off the Field." “When Tom Brady says, 'I was just given the hat,’ or 'He’s just a friend of mine,’ or when he skips the White House and says, 'I had a different engagement,’ he gets the benefit of the doubt. He gets to be an individual.

 

“He reaps the benefits that we as white Americans reap each and every day in different contexts.”

It’s been five years since a MAGA hat had prime placement in Brady’s locker and he replied “I hope so, that would be great” when asked if his old golfing buddy had what it took to be president. But with Brady playing in his 10th Super Bowl on Sunday, when his Tampa Bay Buccaneers will face the Kansas City Chiefs, the topic was raised anew by Hall of Famer Shannon Sharpe, who said last week that no Black athlete would have gotten the pass Brady has.

 

 

“LeBron James can never say, a prominent Black athlete can never say, 'Minister Farrakhan is just my friend.’ They’d try to cancel anybody with the just mere mention of Mister Farrakhan’s name,” Sharpe said on "Undisputed," the show he co-hosts on FS1, referring to Louis Farrakhan, the anti-Semitic and homophobic leader of the Nation of Islam. 

 

Sharpe is right.

In theory, it should not matter whether Brady supports Trump, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez or someone somewhere in between on the political spectrum. He has a right to his private views.

But it was Brady himself who chose to make those private views public. If you think that MAGA hat just happened to wind up in his locker – at camera level, not buried at the bottom beneath a pile of cleats and clothes – I have a case of TB12 supplements to sell you. Brady has carefully cultivated his image over his 21-year career, whether it be his style or his social media posts, and he knew just what kind of reaction he would get.

Now, he might not have thought it would matter, since Trump’s candidacy at that point was still seen as something of a stunt. But Brady has had the chance – several, in fact – to clarify or walk back his comments and has chosen not to. At the Super Bowl in 2017, three days after Trump’s Muslim ban took effect. On Howard Stern's show last spring, when Trump was already beginning to sow lies about the election.

 

 
 

And yet again this week, less than a month after a deadly insurrection at the U.S. Capitol that was incited by Trump.

Instead, Brady has been allowed to divorce himself from it while Black athletes are made to own their views in perpetuity.

There is no end in sight to Colin Kaepernick’s blackballing, even though his protests to bring attention to police brutality of Black and brown people have proven to be an alarm we should not have ignored. WNBA players had one of their own owners turn on them because they had the audacity to say “Black Lives Matter” and amplify the stories of Black and brown women killed by police.

“I’m not sure how to respond to hypothetical questions like that,” Brady said Monday when asked if he feels he’s gotten a pass. “I hope everyone can – we’re in this position, like I am, to try to be the best I can be everyday as an athlete, as a player, as a person in my community for my team and so forth.

“So … yeah. Not sure what else.”

Even Brady’s aversion to talking about politics or current events is itself a form of privilege.

Like other white athletes, Brady is seen as an individual in a way minority athletes never are. Because Megan Rapinoe is openly gay, she is always going to be asked to weigh in on issues affecting the LGBTQ+ community. Black and brown athletes are expected to have – and share – their opinions and experiences about racial injustice and discrimination.

 

Patrick Mahomes was asked at last year’s Super Bowl about being biracial. This year he’s been asked about speaking out in the wake of George Floyd, the Black man whose death at the knee of a white police officer sparked protests across the country.

Yet no one has asked Brady about the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, even though almost all of those who attempted the violent overthrow of our government were white, just as he is, and were incited by the man Brady has described as his friend.

“Tom Brady is speaking up as Tom Brady. He’s not asked to speak for white America,” said Leonard, who is also a professor of comparative ethnic studies and American studies and culture at Washington State.

“The follow-up question of, 'I’m here just to play football,' is 'Well, who’s afforded that luxury? Who’s allowed to see sports as this apolitical space of distraction, of pleasure, of fun?’ ” Leonard said. “Seeing sports and living sports as an uncontested space is the privilege of whiteness. It’s the privilege of being a man. It’s the privilege of being a heterosexual athlete.

"That is a luxury that Black athletes and other marginalized and disempowered athletes have never been afforded, inside and outside of sports."

LINK

 

 

 

 

 

 

tbmaga.jpg


process.jpg
seandelevan said:
Fuck this team
StraightJ said:
I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!
BertSquirtgum said:
Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy
Mainejays said:
Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.
image-trump-emoticon.png
212frawk said:
also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

News Flash:  The Clintons and Democrat Party recruited (bribed/extorted) a reluctant Donald Trump to run for President in 2016 as a Republican "plant" to help Democrat Hillary Clinton get elected.

But it backfired.

No one cares about what Tom Brady did.

P.S.  Joe Biden's VP Kamala Harris publicly questioned Joe Biden's Ku Klux Klan ties.

P.S.S. Joe Biden's VP Kamala Harris also believes Joe Biden's sexual abuse accusers.

:deadhorse:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#cancelwhiteness #killwhitey #endwhitesupremacy #whitepeoplearebadmmmmkay


Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have hated Tom Brady for obvious reasons.

But he has a right to support whomever the fuck he wants, just like anyone else.

Tom Brady is one fella who will shove cancel culture straight up its own ass.

He doesn’t give a flying fuck what you, I or anyone else thinks of his political beliefs. And RIGHTFULLY so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

#cancelwhiteness #killwhitey #endwhitesupremacy #whitepeoplearebadmmmmkay

I just don't understand the Republican mindset.  I don't get you people at all.

If a Democrat brings up racism all you Republicans need to do is bring up how Joe Biden's VP Kamala Harris publicly questioned Joe Biden's Ku Klux Klan ties.  Shuts Democrats the F up!

Pretty simple.  Right?  What's the problem you Republicans have with that?  

:classic_huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CNYBillsFan said:

I just don't understand the Republican mindset.  I don't get you people at all.

If a Democrat brings up racism all you Republicans need to do is bring up how Joe Biden's VP Kamala Harris publicly questioned Joe Biden's Ku Klux Klan ties.  Shuts Democrats the F up!

Pretty simple.  Right?  What's the problem you Republicans have with that?  

:classic_huh:

Republicans are utter pussies.

That’s a bigger problem than what the Democrats stand for.

Democrats are United in wanting blood from a stone. Republicans run away and hide from the stone.

The Republicans on this board are feisty, but the Republican Party in general are spineless donkeys that run from their own shadows and let this cancel culture Demonrat party!run a muck without backlash. Huge problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LIBills said:

Republicans are utter pussies.

That’s a bigger problem than what the Democrats stand for.

Democrats are United in wanting blood from a stone. Republicans run away and hide from the stone.

The Republicans on this board are feisty, but the Republican Party in general are spineless donkeys that run from their own shadows and let this cancel culture Demonrat party!run a muck without backlash. Huge problem.

Three (3) Simple Things:

 - Republicans need to expose the Clintons and Democrat Party for recruiting Donald Trump to run as a Republican "plant" in the 2016 Presidential election to help Democrat Hillary Clinton get elected.  Even though it backfired.  Criminal behavior.

 - Republicans need to pound the living s**t out of Joe Biden based on his VP Kamala Harris' public statements linking Joe Biden to the Ku Klux Klan.

 - Republicans need to pound the living s**t out of Joe Biden based on his VP Kamala Harris' public statements in support of Joe Biden sex abuse accusers.

How do I know these issues will work for Republicans?  Well, HipKat and 212frawk both put me on ignore - they don't want to face the truth.  No other Democrat dares respond to my posts - because they can't - my posts are factually based.

Send the above three (3) simple issues to elected Republicans, Rush Limbauigh, Sean Hannity, etc.  They can't ignore it.

Democrats are sitting ducks!

:rockon:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CNYBillsFan said:

Three (3) Simple Things:

 - Republicans need to expose the Clintons and Democrat Party for recruiting Donald Trump to run as a Republican "plant" in the 2016 Presidential election to help Democrat Hillary Clinton get elected.  Even though it backfired.  Criminal behavior.

 - Republicans need to pound the living s**t out of Joe Biden based on his VP Kamala Harris' public statements linking Joe Biden to the Ku Klux Klan.

 - Republicans need to pound the living s**t out of Joe Biden based on his VP Kamala Harris' public statements in support of Joe Biden sex abuse accusers.

How do I know these issues will work for Republicans?  Well, HipKat and 212frawk both put me on ignore - they don't want to face the truth.  No other Democrat dares respond to my posts - because they can't - my posts are factually based.

Send the above three (3) simple issues to elected Republicans, Rush Limbauigh, Sean Hannity, etc.  They can't ignore it.

Democrats are sitting ducks!

:rockon:

You don't see the big picture, Democrats lie for the "greater good", Republicans lie because they are evil.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Woody said:

Is Tom Brady gonna get cancelled next?  :niterider:

Tom Brady was happy to talk politics until he wasn’t.

The Make America Great Again hat in his locker, the flippant endorsement of then-presidential candidate Donald Trump. Only when those ties became inconvenient did Brady decide he wanted to “stick to sports,” and that he preferred to be a beacon of positivity rather than delve into society’s thorny ills.

How mighty white of him.

Brady’s ability to enter and exit the debate at his choosing, to shield himself from accountability, is the height of white privilege. As this country grapples with the far reaches of systemic racism, look no further than Brady, for whom the expectations, and allowances granted, will always be different.

“Whiteness is the benefit of the doubt,” said David Leonard, author of "Playing While White: Privilege and Power on and off the Field." “When Tom Brady says, 'I was just given the hat,’ or 'He’s just a friend of mine,’ or when he skips the White House and says, 'I had a different engagement,’ he gets the benefit of the doubt. He gets to be an individual.

“He reaps the benefits that we as white Americans reap each and every day in different contexts.”

It’s been five years since a MAGA hat had prime placement in Brady’s locker and he replied “I hope so, that would be great” when asked if his old golfing buddy had what it took to be president. But with Brady playing in his 10th Super Bowl on Sunday, when his Tampa Bay Buccaneers will face the Kansas City Chiefs, the topic was raised anew by Hall of Famer Shannon Sharpe, who said last week that no Black athlete would have gotten the pass Brady has.

“LeBron James can never say, a prominent Black athlete can never say, 'Minister Farrakhan is just my friend.’ They’d try to cancel anybody with the just mere mention of Mister Farrakhan’s name,” Sharpe said on "Undisputed," the show he co-hosts on FS1, referring to Louis Farrakhan, the anti-Semitic and homophobic leader of the Nation of Islam. 

Sharpe is right.

In theory, it should not matter whether Brady supports Trump, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez or someone somewhere in between on the political spectrum. He has a right to his private views.

But it was Brady himself who chose to make those private views public. If you think that MAGA hat just happened to wind up in his locker – at camera level, not buried at the bottom beneath a pile of cleats and clothes – I have a case of TB12 supplements to sell you. Brady has carefully cultivated his image over his 21-year career, whether it be his style or his social media posts, and he knew just what kind of reaction he would get.

Now, he might not have thought it would matter, since Trump’s candidacy at that point was still seen as something of a stunt. But Brady has had the chance – several, in fact – to clarify or walk back his comments and has chosen not to. At the Super Bowl in 2017, three days after Trump’s Muslim ban took effect. On Howard Stern's show last spring, when Trump was already beginning to sow lies about the election.

 
 

And yet again this week, less than a month after a deadly insurrection at the U.S. Capitol that was incited by Trump.

Instead, Brady has been allowed to divorce himself from it while Black athletes are made to own their views in perpetuity.

There is no end in sight to Colin Kaepernick’s blackballing, even though his protests to bring attention to police brutality of Black and brown people have proven to be an alarm we should not have ignored. WNBA players had one of their own owners turn on them because they had the audacity to say “Black Lives Matter” and amplify the stories of Black and brown women killed by police.

“I’m not sure how to respond to hypothetical questions like that,” Brady said Monday when asked if he feels he’s gotten a pass. “I hope everyone can – we’re in this position, like I am, to try to be the best I can be everyday as an athlete, as a player, as a person in my community for my team and so forth.

“So … yeah. Not sure what else.”

Even Brady’s aversion to talking about politics or current events is itself a form of privilege.

Like other white athletes, Brady is seen as an individual in a way minority athletes never are. Because Megan Rapinoe is openly gay, she is always going to be asked to weigh in on issues affecting the LGBTQ+ community. Black and brown athletes are expected to have – and share – their opinions and experiences about racial injustice and discrimination.

Patrick Mahomes was asked at last year’s Super Bowl about being biracial. This year he’s been asked about speaking out in the wake of George Floyd, the Black man whose death at the knee of a white police officer sparked protests across the country.

Yet no one has asked Brady about the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, even though almost all of those who attempted the violent overthrow of our government were white, just as he is, and were incited by the man Brady has described as his friend.

“Tom Brady is speaking up as Tom Brady. He’s not asked to speak for white America,” said Leonard, who is also a professor of comparative ethnic studies and American studies and culture at Washington State.

“The follow-up question of, 'I’m here just to play football,' is 'Well, who’s afforded that luxury? Who’s allowed to see sports as this apolitical space of distraction, of pleasure, of fun?’ ” Leonard said. “Seeing sports and living sports as an uncontested space is the privilege of whiteness. It’s the privilege of being a man. It’s the privilege of being a heterosexual athlete.

"That is a luxury that Black athletes and other marginalized and disempowered athletes have never been afforded, inside and outside of sports."

LINK

tbmaga.jpg

Who knew Brady was a Trump Schill...ing

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 


process.jpg
seandelevan said:
Fuck this team
StraightJ said:
I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!
BertSquirtgum said:
Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy
Mainejays said:
Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.
image-trump-emoticon.png
212frawk said:
also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adam Schiff has undisputable evidence that Putin colluded with Brady to win 7 out of 10 Super Bowls and it will all be released in a report that will take about 3 years by Bob Mueller.

Adam Schiff GIF by GIPHY News

  • Haha 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SackMan518 said:

Adam Schiff has undisputable evidence that Putin colluded with Brady to win 7 out of 10 Super Bowls and it will all be released in a report that will take about 3 years by Bob Mueller.

Adam Schiff GIF by GIPHY News

 

There's an ugly mug I haven't seen in awhile.  :niterider:

I still want to know....

 

WHAT IN THE HELL HAPPENED AT THE CHATEAU MARMONT!!!1!!

:niterider:

  • Haha 1

process.jpg
seandelevan said:
Fuck this team
StraightJ said:
I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!
BertSquirtgum said:
Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy
Mainejays said:
Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.
image-trump-emoticon.png
212frawk said:
also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Woody said:

There's an ugly mug I haven't seen in awhile.  :niterider:

I still want to know....

WHAT IN THE HELL HAPPENED AT THE CHATEAU MARMONT!!!1!!

:niterider:

What happened is exactly the Sword of Damocles hovering over his head that keeps him playing this traitorous role.


Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nancy Armour.  I guess A bullshit hit piece in the 2 weeks leading up to the Super Bowl is just the ticket for these A-hole sports writers and woke whitey leftist Marxist jerks.  What a nonsensical article and comparison.  LeBron James may or may not be buddies with Farrakhan?  Who gives a shit?  Let him say it Mr. Shannon Sharpe.  They are both low on the "I really Care" scale.  What a crappy story from a crappy publication and reporter.  

 

 


wynona's big brown beaver cowboys GIF by Primus

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2021 at 2:03 PM, CNYBillsFan said:

I just don't understand the Republican mindset.  I don't get you people at all.

If a Democrat brings up racism all you Republicans need to do is bring up how Joe Biden's VP Kamala Harris publicly questioned Joe Biden's Ku Klux Klan ties.  Shuts Democrats the F up!

Pretty simple.  Right?  What's the problem you Republicans have with that?  

:classic_huh:

Because Liberals use black people as a political tool not for real change. If racism goes away so does a lot of their voters. So they stroke the fire instead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rcas0308 said:

Because Liberals use black people as a political tool not for real change. If racism goes away so does a lot of their voters. So they stroke the fire instead

Joe Biden's VP Kamala Harris claims that Joe Biden has KKK connections.  She also thinks that Joe Biden criminally sexually abused women.

If Republicans politically exploit what Kamala Harris thinks about Joe Biden regarding the KKK, then the Liberals/Democrats lose the black vote.  At least a significant percentage of the black vote.

But Republicans are just too stupid and lazy to take political advantage of this.  I just don't understand Republicans.

:classic_ohmy:

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...