Sign in to follow this  
HipKat

Trump’s lie that the election was stolen has cost

$519 million (and counting) as taxpayers fund enhanced security, legal fees, property repairs and more

President Donald Trump’s onslaught of falsehoods about the November election misled millions of Americans, undermined faith in the electoral system, sparked a deadly riot — and has now left taxpayers with a large, and growing, bill.

The total so far: $519 million.

The costs have mounted daily as government agencies at all levels have been forced to devote public funds to respond to actions taken by Trump and his supporters, according to a Washington Post review of local, state and federal spending records, as well as interviews with government officials. The expenditures include legal fees prompted by dozens of fruitless lawsuits, enhanced security in response to death threats against poll workers, and costly repairs needed after the Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol. That attack triggered the expensive massing of thousands of National Guard troops on the streets of Washington amid fears of additional extremist violence.

Although more than $480 million of the total is attributable to the military’s estimated expenses for the troop deployment through mid-March, the financial impact of the president’s refusal to concede the election is probably much higher than what has been documented thus far, and the true costs may never be known.

Many officials contacted by The Post said they were still trying to tally the cost of rapidly scaling up security to deal with the increased threat of violence from Trump supporters. Others have given up on trying to calculate their costs — perplexed over how to calculate the financial impact of a president’s injecting so much instability into the democratic system — opting instead to simply absorb them as the cost of doing business in the Trump era.

Costs identified by The Washington Post related to election misinformation

Category

Cost

Costs associated with Jan. 6 insurrection and inauguration

At least $488,800,000

State costs associated with Jan. 6 and inauguration-related security

At least $28,310,464

State costs related to legal challenges and security for election officials

At least $2,217,905

Total

At least $519,328,369

Some officials have shifted their attention to making plans for additional security measures going forward in the threatening environment fostered by Trump’s conspiratorial brand of politics.

“I think anytime you see an event like we saw on January 6th, it changes your perspective going forward. You don’t take things for granted like we used to,” said Michael Rapich, superintendent of the Utah Highway Patrol, which spent $227,000 on Jan. 17 to deploy 300 troopers to the state’s Capitol after threats of an armed siege by Trump supporters ahead of the inauguration of President Biden. “It is an incredible amount of money to spend.”

• Barf 2

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

The Clintons and Democrats attempted to steal the 2016 US Presidential election by recruiting Donald Trump to run as a Republican "plant" to help Democrat Hillary Clinton win the Presidency.

It backfired.

So, naturally people are skeptical with regards to Democrats and Presidential elections.  I mean, right?

P.S. VP Kamala Harris thinks that Joe Biden is a Ku Klux Klan racist.

P.S.S.  VP Kamala Harris believes Joe Biden's sex abuse accusers.

...wait, you and all the Democrats here have me on ignore. I forgot - you Democrats don't like facts.

:classic_tongue:

I kicked this around with my Qanon buddies and it was discovered that Bill Clinton and Donald Trump swapped wives.  It turns out that Trump preferred Hillary over Melania in bed and wanted to make the change permanent.  Hillary did not think that Don was a particularly good lay because of his small dick and nixed the deal.  Trump hit the roof and vowed revenge and that is the real reason that he ran for president.  You can see his lust for Hillary in one of the debates where he wandered around the stage while Hillary was speaking just to get a look at her butt.  He still has a yearning for Hillary that will never die.

• Haha 1

I put a spell on you.

On 2/6/2021 at 6:37 PM, HipKat said:

$519 million (and counting) as taxpayers fund enhanced security, legal fees, property repairs and more

President Donald Trump’s onslaught of falsehoods about the November election misled millions of Americans, undermined faith in the electoral system, sparked a deadly riot — and has now left taxpayers with a large, and growing, bill.

The total so far: $519 million.

The costs have mounted daily as government agencies at all levels have been forced to devote public funds to respond to actions taken by Trump and his supporters, according to a Washington Post review of local, state and federal spending records, as well as interviews with government officials. The expenditures include legal fees prompted by dozens of fruitless lawsuits, enhanced security in response to death threats against poll workers, and costly repairs needed after the Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol. That attack triggered the expensive massing of thousands of National Guard troops on the streets of Washington amid fears of additional extremist violence.

Although more than $480 million of the total is attributable to the military’s estimated expenses for the troop deployment through mid-March, the financial impact of the president’s refusal to concede the election is probably much higher than what has been documented thus far, and the true costs may never be known.

Many officials contacted by The Post said they were still trying to tally the cost of rapidly scaling up security to deal with the increased threat of violence from Trump supporters. Others have given up on trying to calculate their costs — perplexed over how to calculate the financial impact of a president’s injecting so much instability into the democratic system — opting instead to simply absorb them as the cost of doing business in the Trump era.

Costs identified by The Washington Post related to election misinformation

Category

Cost

Costs associated with Jan. 6 insurrection and inauguration

At least $488,800,000

State costs associated with Jan. 6 and inauguration-related security

At least $28,310,464

State costs related to legal challenges and security for election officials

At least $2,217,905

Total

At least $519,328,369

Some officials have shifted their attention to making plans for additional security measures going forward in the threatening environment fostered by Trump’s conspiratorial brand of politics.

“I think anytime you see an event like we saw on January 6th, it changes your perspective going forward. You don’t take things for granted like we used to,” said Michael Rapich, superintendent of the Utah Highway Patrol, which spent $227,000 on Jan. 17 to deploy 300 troopers to the state’s Capitol after threats of an armed siege by Trump supporters ahead of the inauguration of President Biden. “It is an incredible amount of money to spend.”

Oh, that's not biased at all.  This flare up wasn't just a tipping point from decades of corruption by congress.  Oh no, that couldn't be possible.  

See my bold emphasis - get the pitchforks!!  Camera Every Conservative!!

30 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

I kicked this around with my Qanon buddies and it was discovered that Bill Clinton and Donald Trump swapped wives.  It turns out that Trump preferred Hillary over Melania in bed and wanted to make the change permanent.  Hillary did not think that Don was a particularly good lay because of his small dick and nixed the deal.  Trump hit the roof and vowed revenge and that is the real reason that he ran for president.  You can see his lust for Hillary in one of the debates where he wandered around the stage while Hillary was speaking just to get a look at her butt.  He still has a yearning for Hillary that will never die.

I believe every word of this unconditionally and without question.

also, it’s not well known, but trumps SS code word was CHARLIE ALPHA NOVEMBER KILO LIMA ECHO. And Hillary is the cankle queen, so it all fits. 

Good job brother Voodoo!!

2 hours ago, jc856 said:

I believe every word of this unconditionally and without question.

also, it’s not well known, but trumps SS code word was CHARLIE ALPHA NOVEMBER KILO LIMA ECHO. And Hillary is the cankle queen, so it all fits. 

Good job brother Voodoo!!

I'm all in!  Thanks for the scoop!