Sign in to follow this  
SackMan518

#winning Dozens of Former Bush Officials Leave Republican Party, Calling It 'Trump Cult'

Exactly the kind of corrupt knuckleheads we don't want around anymore so they can go join up with the pedo Lincoln Project clowns.

Dozens of Former Bush Officials Leave Republican Party, Calling It 'Trump Cult'

EHWSofGD.jpeg

Reuters) - Dozens of Republicans in former President George W. Bush's administration are leaving the party, dismayed by a failure of many elected Republicans to disown Donald Trump after his false claims of election fraud sparked a deadly storming of the U.S. Capitol last month.

These officials, some who served in the highest echelons of the Bush administration, said they had hoped that a Trump defeat would lead party leaders to move on from the former president and denounce his baseless claims that the November presidential election was stolen.

But with most Republican lawmakers sticking to Trump, these officials say they no longer recognize the party they served. Some have ended their membership, others are letting it lapse while a few are newly registered as independents, according to a dozen former Bush officials who spoke with Reuters.

"The Republican Party as I knew it no longer exists. I’d call it the cult of Trump," said Jimmy Gurulé, who was Undersecretary of the Treasury for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence in the Bush administration.

Kristopher Purcell, who worked in the Bush White House’s communications office for six years, said roughly 60 to 70 former Bush officials have decided to leave the party or are cutting ties with it, from conversations he has been having. "The number is growing every day," Purcell said.

Their defection from the Republican Party after a lifetime of service for many is another clear sign of how a growing intraparty conflict over Trump and his legacy is fracturing it.

The party is currently caught between disaffected moderate Republicans and independents disgusted by the hold Trump still has over elected officials, and Trump’s fervently loyal base. Without the enthusiastic support of both groups, the party will struggle to win national elections, according to polling, Republican officials and strategists.

The Republican National Committee referred Reuters to a recent interview its chair Ronna McDaniel gave to the Fox Business channel. “We’re having a little bit of a spat right now. But we are going to come together. We have to,” McDaniel said, predicting the party will unite against the agenda of President Joe Biden, a Democrat.

Representatives for Trump did not respond to a request for comment.

A representative of former President Bush did not respond to a request for comment. During the Trump presidency Bush made clear he had “retired from politics."

'IT'S APPALLING'

More than half of the Republicans in Congress - eight senators and 139 House representatives - voted to block certification of the election just hours after the Capitol siege.

Most Republican Senators have also indicated they would not support the impeachment of Trump, making it almost certain that the former president won't be convicted in his Senate trial. Trump was impeached on Jan. 13 by the Democratic-led House of Representatives on charges of "incitement of insurrection," the only president to be impeached twice.

The unwillingness by party leaders to disavow Trump was the final straw for some former Republican officials.

"If it continues to be the party of Trump, many of us are not going back," Rosario Marin, a former Treasurer of the U.S. under Bush, told Reuters. "Unless the Senate convicts him, and rids themselves of the Trump cancer, many of us will not be going back to vote for Republican leaders."

Two former Bush officials who spoke to Reuters said they believe it is important to stay in the party to rid it of Trump’s influence.

One of those, Suzy DeFrancis, a veteran of the Republican Party who served in administrations including those of former presidents Richard Nixon and George W. Bush, said she voted for Biden in November but that breaking the party apart now will only benefit Democrats.

"I totally understand why people are frustrated and want to leave the party. I’ve had that feeling for 4 years," DeFrancis said.

But she said it’s critical the party unite around Republican principles such as limited government, personal responsibility, free enterprise and a strong national defense.

Purcell said many felt they have no choice, however. He referred to Marjorie Taylor Greene, a freshman Republican congresswoman from Georgia who promotes the QAnon conspiracy theory, which falsely claims that top Democrats belong to a secret governing cabal of Satan-worshipping pedophiles. Another newly elected Representative, Lauren Boebert from Colorado, has also made supportive statements about QAnon.

"We have QAnon members of Congress. It’s appalling," Purcell said.

(Reporting by Tim Reid; Editing by Soyoung Kim and Grant McCool)

• Thanks 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Important Note:  

Donald Trump spent much of his life as a registered Democrat.  This is why the Clintons and other members of the Democrat Party recruited Trump to run as a political "plant" to help Democrat Hillary Clinton win the 2016 US Presidential election.  But it backfired because too many Wikileaks did too much damage to Hillary Clinton.

Whether you're a Bush Republican or a Trump Republican, all Republicans need to demand an investigation into the Clintons and Democrat Party criminal conspiracy regarding the 2016 US Presidential election.  The Clintons and other members of the Democrat Party need to go to jail.  Trump is going to be in trouble, too,  But not as bad as the Clintons/Democrats.  Trump had no involvement in the Clintons/Democrats election theft conspiracy creation.  Moreover, when Bill Clinton first approached Donald Trump with their election idea, Trump smartly rejected it.  Trump only agreed to participate because Bill Clinton extorted or bribed Trump.

:beer:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Meathead said:

...majority of the country despises don... 

Now you understand why the Clintons and Democrat Party recruited longtime Democrat Donald Trump to run for President in 2016 as a Republican.  They needed someone worse than Hillary Clinton.

Turns out that Donald Trump was not as bad as Hillary Clinton.

Either way, what the Clintons and Democrat Party did was a criminal conspiracy.  They need to go to jail.

:classic_ohmy:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Meathead said:

the GOP is being torn apart by the schism between the trumpists and the sane people. 

The divide in the GOP is between the globalists and the populists.  That divide has been there since the HW Bush years at the very least(at least in my lifetime).  Trump shined a spotlight on it by putting his foot down and refusing to subscribe to globalism.  During his visits to Davos he always eloquently told everyone there that he didn't subscribe and that led to more outside pressure being put on both parties to get rid of him.  :niterider:

That said, there's really nothing crazy about Sack.  He's just a guy who doesn't want to sell out his country to the Elites who want to control every aspect of our lives.  :niterider:

Here's a condensed version of one of his Davos speeches.  He promoted "America First" and suggested that all countries put their own people first.  That pissed a lot of people off.  Trump always picked up new enemies in Davos.  :niterider:

• Like 1

process.jpg
seandelevan said:
Fuck this team
StraightJ said:
I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!
BertSquirtgum said:
Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy
Mainejays said:
Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.
image-trump-emoticon.png
212frawk said:
also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

21 minutes ago, Woody said:

The divide in the GOP is between the globalists and the populists.

yeah, like i said, the sane people and the trumpists

globalism is inevitable. its going to take a long time, theres a good argument to be made to take it carefully and slowly, and i think its a good idea that each country decides how they take care of themselves first while simultaneously preparing for easing into globalism

we cant go backwards. the world is naturally going to continue to slowly meld as technology gradually brings us closer and closer together philosophically. you can even see it in online gaming where people from all over the world form alliances and guilds that automatically translate different languages so that players from everywhere can communicate and work together. sometimes theres political talk and its fascinating how people from repressive countries often agree with american principles and standards over their own governments

populism against control by the elites is fine, but populism turned nationalism is dangerous. i feel trump is strongly aligned almost exclusively to the latter. i think he intentionally makes his followers believe it is the former simply to manipulate them for his benefit bc he IS one of the elites. his phony 'tax cut' that went almost exclusively to the rich is a perfect example. he gave some breadcrumbs to the middle/lower income people, and the rest of the loaf to the elites

thank you for that video, though. i watched it all, and i did think he made a couple good points. but i do think hes a shyster and i dont think he has the best intentions for america as a whole

• Thanks 2

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

1 hour ago, Meathead said:

globalism is inevitable. its going to take a long time, theres a good argument to be made to take it carefully and slowly, and i think its a good idea that each country decides how they take care of themselves first while simultaneously preparing for easing into globalism

we cant go backwards. the world is naturally going to continue to slowly meld as technology gradually brings us closer and closer together philosophically. you can even see it in online gaming where people from all over the world form alliances and guilds that automatically translate different languages so that players from everywhere can communicate and work together. sometimes theres political talk and its fascinating how people from repressive countries often agree with american principles and standards over their own governments

populism against control by the elites is fine, but populism turned nationalism is dangerous. i feel trump is strongly aligned almost exclusively to the latter. i think he intentionally makes his followers believe it is the former simply to manipulate them for his benefit bc he IS one of the elites. his phony 'tax cut' that went almost exclusively to the rich is a perfect example. he gave some breadcrumbs to the middle/lower income people, and the rest of the loaf to the elites

thank you for that video, though. i watched it all, and i did think he made a couple good points. but i do think hes a shyster and i dont think he has the best intentions for america as a whole

Well, enjoy.  This COVID sham has backfired and the populist movement is gaining steam around the world.   Those crazy "Trumpists" are only going to get louder as this process tries to play out.  :niterider:

• Like 2

process.jpg
seandelevan said:
Fuck this team
StraightJ said:
BertSquirtgum said:
Mainejays said:
Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.
image-trump-emoticon.png
212frawk said:

8 hours ago, Woody said:

That said, there's really nothing crazy about Sack.  He's just a guy who doesn't want to sell out his country to the Elites who want to control every aspect of our lives.  :niterider:

And he does this while worshipping someone who brags to the world how elite he is and who coddled the elites while in office. Sure, makes sense...

This COVID sham has backfired and the populist movement is gaining steam around the world. 

No, it's actually not. It's a fringe movement that has a very short life-span

• Haha 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Wow, Meat thinks Globalism is the "sane" side. Just wow, based on that premise I can't argue with someone wanting to build a foundation on that crumbling concrete.

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

1 minute ago, SackMan518 said:

Wow, Meat thinks Globalism is the "sane" side. Just wow, based on that premise I can't argue with someone wanting to build a foundation on that crumbling concrete.

Your idiocy grows, day by day

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

49 minutes ago, HipKat said:

And he does this while worshipping someone who brags to the world how elite he is and who coddled the elites while in office. Sure, makes sense...

No, it's actually not. It's a fringe movement that has a very short life-span

Take your MSNBC goggles off for a second.  Look at Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Poland... all across Europe.  There's anti-lockdown protests.  Italy and Germany are expected to elect conservative Chancellors/Presidents/etc (as long as theres no interference).  People are tired of the crap.  :niterider:

process.jpg
seandelevan said:
Fuck this team
StraightJ said:
BertSquirtgum said:
Mainejays said:
image-trump-emoticon.png
212frawk said:

Just now, Woody said:

Take your MSNBC goggles off for a second.  Look at Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Poland... all across Europe.  There's anti-lockdown protests.  Italy and Germany are expected to elect conservative Chancellors/Presidents/etc (as long as theres no interference).  People are tired of the crap.  :niterider:

Conservative isn't radical. Radicals never last. 

Seek help. soflabillsfan

19 minutes ago, rcas0308 said:

It's like child molesters saying they are the moral ones and are the victims.

But hey Imagine giving China everything it wants after letting a super virus run wild around the world and your administration is still focused on Russia likes it's the 1980s. While we're at let's add more dependency on Middle EasT oil again. Globalism at its finest.  

But hey, imagine telling your supporters that you're fighting elitism while you are giving the elites every benefit at the cost of everybody else, and your supporters are so stupid they believe you even while you're doing the exact opposite of what they heard you say

Seek help. soflabillsfan

13 minutes ago, HipKat said:

But hey, imagine telling your supporters that you're fighting elitism while you are giving the elites every benefit at the cost of everybody else, and your supporters are so stupid they believe you even while you're doing the exact opposite of what they heard you say

Elites or corporations that are job centers for Rich, Middle and Poor. Grow up and stop blaming all your problems on rich people for getting your ass a job.

It obviously worked cutting the corporate taxes and you want to make it all about rich folks only making out, it's just a total lack of understanding about how businesses operate. The last administration had good policy and questionable rhetoric. This administration has neither and are complete sellouts to appease the rest of the world. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, rcas0308 said:

Elites or corporations that are job centers for Rich, Middle and Poor. Grow up and stop blaming all your problems on rich people for getting your ass a job.

It obviously worked cutting the corporate taxes and you want to make it all about rich folks only making out, it's just a total lack of understanding about how businesses operate. The last administration had good policy and questionable rhetoric. This administration has neither and are complete sellouts to appease the rest of the world. 

You really are misinformed on a lot of things. Donald trump, who professes to be an elitist, who has spent his entire life pushing his elitism in everybody else's face, who was the Muse in the movie American Psycho, the man that Patrick wanted to be like more than anybody else, who cut taxes for the richest people in America and told his elitist friends that he was going to make them very rich and that they were his kind of people, your side is trying to credit him with fighting elitism. And you don't see the hypocrisy in this.

The only thing that worked by cutting corporate taxes was giving corporate CEOs the opportunity to buy back all their stocks and put even more money in their own pockets. Cutting corporate taxes did nothing for anybody else.

• Thanks 2

Seek help. soflabillsfan

11 hours ago, Woody said:

During his visits to Davos he always eloquently told everyone 

HahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHaha

that is fucking comical.  I needed a laugh, thanks!

2 hours ago, HipKat said:

You really are misinformed on a lot of things. Donald trump, who professes to be an elitist, who has spent his entire life pushing his elitism in everybody else's face, who was the Muse in the movie American Psycho, the man that Patrick wanted to be like more than anybody else, who cut taxes for the richest people in America and told his elitist friends that he was going to make them very rich and that they were his kind of people, your side is trying to credit him with fighting elitism. And you don't see the hypocrisy in this.

The only thing that worked by cutting corporate taxes was giving corporate CEOs the opportunity to buy back all their stocks and put even more money in their own pockets. Cutting corporate taxes did nothing for anybody else.

Rebel without logic. This isn't a movie. Who gives a fuck about Trump, stop using him as an escape goat, this is complete childish logic from leftist idiots. Their like children who blame everything on their rich daddy's, all they want is things with out working for it, just spoiled brats that have everything and they don't know how it came to be because they don't have an ounce of understanding of how things work in the real world. 

12 hours ago, Meathead said:

Fuck globalism.  Horrible.

2 minutes ago, rcas0308 said:

Rebel without logic. Who gives a fuck about Trump, stopping using him as a escape goat, this is complete childish nonsense of people who blame everything on their rich daddy's, just spoiled brats that have everything and they don't know how it came to be because they don't have an ounce of understanding of how things work in the real world. 

Trump is their boogeyman.

3 hours ago, HipKat said:

The only thing that worked by cutting corporate taxes was giving corporate CEOs the opportunity to buy back all their stocks 

CEOs only got richer that's where 100 percent of the money went- libtards who live on another planet. 
 Why aren't there any trillionaire CEOs, somewhere like Apple or other monster companies? Where did all that money go? Could it be it was reinvested? So CEOs don't get paid off of profit "share"? No point in investing in the stock market because these CEOs will steal it. Some world you libtards live in. All these CEOs taking all the profits and collapsing all these companies everywhere. 

So let me get this straight...in your world, the government uses your money to make money? We should pay them more huh? Because they know what to do with it 

7 hours ago, rcas0308 said:

It's like child molesters saying they are the moral ones and are the victims.

Imagine giving China everything it wants after letting a super virus run wild around the world and your administration is still focused on Russia likes it's the 1980s. While we're at it let's add more dependency on Middle East oil again while more troops are sent over seas to fight wars. Globalism at its finest.

Here's an even better one. How about putting in the defense attorney for your son's best butt buddy in a key position at the Department of Justice which is supposed to be investigating the Biden facts of impropriety? (I don't call them allegations because we've seen the receipts and videos.) Can you imagine if someone associated with the investigation of Trump Jr got such a plum position? 24/7 coverage, wall to wall. Since it's a Democrat though it won't be covered and the so-called investigation by the DoJ will only be devising ways to get him out of hot water.

The swamp is back and if anyone still thinks the Democrats are fighting for the little guy then you need to wake the fuck up or stay in Retard Land.

NEW HEAD OF DOJ CRIMINAL DIVISION IS FORMER COLLEAGUE OF HUNTER BIDEN DEFENSE ATTORNEY

The newly selected acting head of the Justice Department‘s criminal division is a former colleague of the attorney now representing Hunter Biden in the face of a DOJ investigation.

Nicholas McQuaid joined the DOJ in January after spending the past several years as a partner in the New York office of law firm Latham & Watkins. Also a partner in that office is Christopher Clark, who was reported by Law.com in December to be representing the president’s son.

“They worked on the same cases right up until McQuaid took the job at the Department of Justice,” said Fox News’ Tucker Carlson, who first reported the news.

Court records show that McQuaid and Clark worked on some of the same cases. Fox News’ “Tucker Carlson Tonight” reported Friday that on Jan. 21, Latham & Watkins filed a motion to withdraw McQuaid from a case Clark had been working on. According to the Justice Department, McQuaid was named as the head of the criminal division on Jan. 20.

“So that means Joe Biden put at the head of the criminal division the partner of the guy his son had hired to defend him against the criminal division,” Carlson said.

Hunter Biden, left, arrives in the Crypt of the US Capitol for President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration ceremony on Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2021 in Washington. (Jim Lo Scalzo/Pool Photo via AP)

Fox News asked Latham & Watkins and Clark if McQuaid was ever involved in the firm’s work on Biden’s behalf, but no one at the firm immediately responded.

• Like 1

Parler @NYexile