Sign in to follow this  
HipKat

The Net Tightens

NY judge orders Trump Organization's tax firm to hand over more documents to state attorney general

A New York state judge on Friday ordered a tax firm that has worked with former President Donald Trump to turn over more documents to New York Attorney General Letitia James as part of her office's investigation into the Trump Organization.

The supplemental order is one of several that Manhattan Supreme Court Judge Arthur Engoron has made in the past month requesting that the tax firm Morgan, Lewis & Bockius turn over documents that James's office has requested as part of its investigation.

The attorney general's office declined to comment. CNN has reached out to the Trump Organization and Morgan, Lewis & Bockius for comment.

The Trump Organization has previously argued that the documents are protected by attorney-client privilege, but in December, Engoron ruled that "some but all" of the documents requested by the attorney general's office were privileged.

Engoron wrote that he privately reviewed documents that Trump's tax attorney Sheri Dillon at Morgan Lewis & Bockius has to turn over, saying that documents he determined were not privileged be turned over by February 4.

"The court finds that many of the communications Morgan Lewis marked as privileged were communications addressing business tasks and decisions, not exchanges soliciting or rendering legal advice," Engoron wrote in his order Friday.

The status of documents related to a property's investigated tax abatements has been a point of contention in the case.

Amy Carlin, an attorney for the Trump Organization, argued last month that the company had "every expectation that those communications would be confidential," regarding discussions about a property in Westchester County involving an engineer.

The attorney general's office argued that the documents were not privileged, in part, because the Trump Organization had "waived privilege" when it disclosed certain documents to the IRS to "gain benefit," said attorney Eric Haren with the attorney general's office.

Haren said that "literally everything other than the final appraisal value" was not disclosed to his office.

James' office has been investigating Trump and the Trump Organization since 2019, when Trump's former attorney Michael Cohen testified before Congress that the former President's annual financial statements inflated the values of his assets in order to secure favorable loans and insurance coverage, but deflated the value of other assets in order to reduce real estate taxes.

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Please don't completely freak out on me like you did in the other post but I think that the NY AG as well as the Westchester County and New York County DA's are working on below as well.  You know, the 2016 Clinton Presidential election conspiracy.

•  

Note:  The Westchester County and New York County DAs are involved because Bill Clinton called Donald Trump form his Chappaqua home in Westchester County to Donald Trump's Manhattan office.  During this telephone call Bill Clinton made the 2016 US Presidential election swindle offer to Donald Trump and Donald Trump (finally,after rejecting the idiotic Clinton idea several times) accepted the offer.

Then there's there's the Joe Biden Sexual Assault case in Nevada re: Lucy Flores, as well.

:clapper:

29 minutes ago, CNYBillsFan said:

Note:  The Westchester County and New York County DAs are involved because Bill Clinton called Donald Trump form his Chappaqua home in Westchester County to Donald Trump's Manhattan office.  During this telephone call Bill Clinton made the 2016 US Presidential election swindle offer to Donald Trump and Donald Trump (finally,after rejecting the idiotic Clinton idea several times) accepted the offer.

Then there's there's the Joe Biden Sexual Assault case in Nevada re: Lucy Flores, as well.

:clapper:

Good work.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

21 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Good work.

If Trump Republicans did what they are supposed to do, the Clintons, Barack Obama, and Joe Biden all end up in jail.  And Trump sunbathes in Florida.

:classic_cool:

24 minutes ago, CNYBillsFan said:

If Trump Republicans did what they are supposed to do, the Clintons, Barack Obama, and Joe Biden all end up in jail.  And Trump sunbathes in Florida.

:classic_cool:

This is as brain dead as every other MAGAT fantasy.    

771v1n965fqlhlezg.jpg

• Like 1

Is it just me, or does it seem like practically every single thread highlighting something bad or illegal that Donald has done is quickly bombarded by his die-hard supporters with endless unrelated accusations against people not named Donald?  The interesting thing is that this is exactly the tactic that Donald himself has employed for many years: accuse someone else of what you yourself are guilty of. And, also, do it in as loud a way as possible to further distract attention from the charge at hand.

Is anyone here a lawyer and do you know if that sort of defense will hold up well in court?

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 212frawk said:

This is as brain dead as every other MAGAT fantasy.    

I have links to 18 credible news sources - including the Washington Post re: Clinton 2016 US Presidential election conspiracy.  Feel free to refute any of them.

Got Barack Obama on video offering a deal with the Russians re: the 2012 US Presidential election.

Got Lucy Flores on video saying that Joe Biden sexually abused her.

Feel free to refute those, too.

:classic_laugh:

11 minutes ago, Professor Pigworth said:

Is it just me, or does it seem like practically every single thread highlighting something bad or illegal that Donald has done is quickly bombarded by his die-hard supporters with endless unrelated accusations against people not named Donald?  The interesting thing is that this is exactly the tactic that Donald himself has employed for many years: accuse someone else of what you yourself are guilty of. And, also, do it in as loud a way as possible to further distract attention from the charge at hand.

It's called POLITICS!

:classic_mellow:

yes, True Believers follow the script well

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

1 hour ago, CNYBillsFan said:

I have links to 18 credible news sources - including the Washington Post re: Clinton 2016 US Presidential election conspiracy.  Feel free to refute any of them.

Got Barack Obama on video offering a deal with the Russians re: the 2012 US Presidential election.

Got Lucy Flores on video saying that Joe Biden sexually abused her.

Feel free to refute those, too.

I dont waste time disproving the retarded fantasies vomited up by MAGATs.  All you need to know about this one is that somehow Clinton arranged with Trump to engineer her victory when she in fact, you know, lost. 

If Biden abused Flores, throw him jail. just PM when this goes to court so I can follow the festivities. 

I dont give a single fuck about Biden or Barry for that matter.  so whatever, put 'em all in jail, they all belong there no more so than fatfuk ex-president crime spree, you may remember him. he is the historic loser who couldnt beat a barely sentient septuagenarian who was locked in his own basement. 

19 minutes ago, 212frawk said:

...somehow Clinton arranged with Trump to engineer her victory...

This is called criminal conspiracy.  Moreover, the Democrat Party was involved.  Just because it backfired doesn't mean that it's insignificant.

This is called criminal conspiracy.  Moreover, the Democrat Party was involved.  Just because it backfired doesn't mean that it's insignificant.

this is actually called "really fucking stupid" 

see the thing with retarded MAGAT conspiracy theories...... no matter how thoroughly they are debunked, MAGATs be like

just cause it didnt come true doesnt mean it was wrong.

lol

MAGATs are the dumbest species on this earth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Professor Pigworth said:

Is it just me, or does it seem like practically every single thread highlighting something bad or illegal that Donald has done is quickly bombarded by his die-hard supporters with endless unrelated accusations against people not named Donald? 

Still waiting on one thing you guys can name that was illegal or unconstitutional.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

3 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

Still waiting on one thing you guys can name that was illegal or unconstitutional.

You have to open your eyes if you want to see anything

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

22 hours ago, 212frawk said:

...... no matter how thoroughly they are debunked, MAGATs be like

Under the law, criminal conspiracy is clear.  As is bribery, extortion and coercion. 

What is also clear is that Bill Clinton called Donald Trump in May 2015 and advised Trump  to "play a larger role in the GOP and focus on Republican base voters."  One month later Donald Trump announces he is running for President as a Republican in 2016.  Prior to the Clinton call, Trump had no plans to run for President.  

None of this has been debunked.  As a matter of fact, I have posted links to 18 credible news sources with names of Clinton staff who have firsthand knowledge of that call that Bill Clinton made to Donald Trump.

Donald Trump runs a lousy 2016 US Presidential election campaign but damaging Wikileaks cause too much harm to Hillary Clinton and Trump ends up winning - by a small margin of votes in a handful of states.

Stay tuned.....

:classic_wink:

I need to organize the next cult meeting of the true believers!!!!!  LOL.  :classic_laugh::clapper:

Y'all repeat all the shit the MSM vomits out there.  Priceless.

Under the law, criminal conspiracy is clear.  As is bribery, extortion and coercion. 

What is also clear is that Bill Clinton called Donald Trump in May 2015 and advised Trump  to "play a larger role in the GOP and focus on Republican base voters."  One month later Donald Trump announces he is running for President as a Republican in 2016.  Prior to the Clinton call, Trump had no plans to run for President.  

None of this has been debunked.  As a matter of fact, I have posted links to 18 credible news sources with names of Clinton staff who have firsthand knowledge of that call that Bill Clinton made to Donald Trump.

Donald Trump runs a lousy 2016 US Presidential election campaign but damaging Wikileaks cause too much harm to Hillary Clinton and Trump ends up winning - by a small margin of votes in a handful of states.

Stay tuned.....

:classic_wink:

Normally I would avoid idiot conspiracy theories like this from a n00b poster.  But there are so many  logic conflicts in this post that I wanted to congratulate you on vaulting into a top 5 spot on the MAGAT board after just 26 posts.

So.  CONGRATS!

We'll eventually see whether you are a spam account run by one of the many deranged MAGATs on this board.  I suspect you are.  Jethro is my first guess based on the evidence but at the same time he isnt very clever so its giving him a lot of credit he didnt earn.  

We'll see

x2petxfgfrj7tgkzg.jpg

But there are so many  logic conflicts in this post that I wanted to congratulate you on vaulting into a top 5 spot on the MAGAT board after just 26 posts.

18 links to reputable news sources that I gave you.

You have yet to refute one of them.  Not one.

:rockon:

Normally I would avoid idiot conspiracy theories like this from a n00b poster.  But there are so many  logic conflicts in this post that I wanted to congratulate you on vaulting into a top 5 spot on the MAGAT board after just 26 posts.

So.  CONGRATS!

We'll eventually see whether you are a spam account run by one of the many deranged MAGATs on this board.  I suspect you are.  Jethro is my first guess based on the evidence but at the same time he isnt very clever so its giving him a lot of credit he didnt earn.  

We'll see

My bet is that it's Philly, Of all the MAGATs on here, even compared to Sacktard, Philly was the most gullible of all the Conspiracy theories

• Thanks 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

17 minutes ago, HipKat said:

My bet is that it's Philly, Of all the MAGATs on here, even compared to Sacktard, Philly was the most gullible of all the Conspiracy theories

18 links to reputable news sources that I gave you.

You have yet to refute one of them.  Not one.

3 hours ago, HipKat said:

it might even be sack himself. notice the no mention of the validated Cozy Bear operation that put shitbrain over the top - along, of course, with hillarys all-girl cheatin' team and BLM

but philly is a good guess. hes got the horsepower of a matchbox car, just like the new kid. its like debating a twelve year old. which means it really might be a 315-er

• Like 1

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell