Sign in to follow this  
seandelevan

Matthew Fairburn: McDermott Fucked With Allen’s Head

Matthew Fairburn of the Atlantic had a good point on the Buffalo Beat Podcast...

What message is McDermott sending to his QB when you settle for 3? 

That you can’t be  trusted? 

Allen said it after the game that he wanted to go for it but will do what coaches want. 

And I’ve mentioned it a few times before...when Allen screws up early in a game it’s in his head for a long time. This afternoon Allen admitted the near pick on the deep pass to Diggs was still bothering him. Really? 

Does Allen need a therapist on the sidelines or something? Seems like he lingers on to mistakes and it’s effecting his play. He’s either super confident or in the gutter. 

• Thanks 1

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

Well to go out there again more time on the clock. They still have a pass rush. Your looking deep. They're not getting open enough and your giving them the ball back. Mahomes faced the same thing and stayed busy with the small stuff.

• Thanks 1

blunder of a decision there by opie for sure

• Thanks 1

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

5 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

He’s thinking about it after the game.  You’re just assuming a missed play in the first is eating at him in the 3rd.  With no evidence.  At all.

literally every athlete will look back at missed opportunities.  This is just a shit take. 

I have to stop looking at this board until FA hits.  Peace out Girl Scouts 

He literally said it during locker clean out. 

No evidence? I’m Not the only one who saw his shoulders slouch and that look in his eye he has when losing. Just reporting what people who cover the Bills for living saw. Sorry this hurts your feelings.🤣

He fucked with the whole team's head going for those kicks. You have one of the best offenses in the game and they are one of the worst red zone D's in the league. You have a QB that makes plays throwing and running. You are down by 2 scores and have not shown ANY signs of stopping the other guys on D. What the fuck are you kicking for ?? I like McD. I think he's a good coach but he'll never live this down. It was epic pussiness. 

• Thanks 2

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

3 COACHES, 2 Weeks all shit the bed.  Stepanski going straight out pussy when he had a chance to knock out the cheifs, LaFleur with the MVP of the league and the top wideout going for a FG from the 8 and McDufus kicking 3 FGs against the champs.  And on the others side you have Arians and Reid going for it on 4th down at midfield, one of them with a backup qb.   Any doubt why they are the 2 reps in the Super bowl.  Coach to win, not coach to not lose.

• Thanks 1

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

36 minutes ago, miamibillsnut said:

3 COACHES, 2 Weeks all shit the bed.  Stepanski going straight out pussy when he had a chance to knock out the cheifs, LaFleur with the MVP of the league and the top wideout going for a FG from the 8 and McDufus kicking 3 FGs against the champs.  And on the others side you have Arians and Reid going for it on 4th down at midfield, one of them with a backup qb.   Any doubt why they are the 2 reps in the Super bowl.  Coach to win, not coach to not lose.

And compare them with what Reid did last week with a backup QB? It’s mind blowing.

1 hour ago, miamibillsnut said:

To be honest I think Stefanski did the right thing. Had he been near midfield I agree you go for it. But it was around his 25 and it wasn't a short 4th down. I believe it was 8 yards. And lets not forget Mahomes was gone by then. I too would like my chances stopping Chad Henne. 

LaFleur and McD are the ones that had no business doing what they did. Epic levels of cowardice. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Victor7 said:

To be honest I think Stefanski did the right thing. Had he been near midfield I agree you go for it. But it was around his 25 and it wasn't a short 4th down. I believe it was 8 yards. And lets not forget Mahomes was gone by then. I too would like my chances stopping Chad Henne. 

LaFleur and McD are the ones that had no business doing what they did. Epic levels of cowardice. 

Stefanski made huge blunders with all 3 of his 2nd half timeouts.  Terrible challenge on a ball that clearly wasn't dropped for the first timeout.  Second timeout was on 2nd down of that drive...IF you aren't going to go for it on 4th there, why did you blow a timeout on 2nd down of that drive?  Then on his last timeout he still was sitting on a challenge.  So instead of just throwing the challenge flag on a close 3rd down play, he calls timeout.  Excuse me Stefanski, that basically gets rid of the challenge anyways, because you need to have a timeout to use the challenge.  Throw the challenge flag there, and if you win you stop them short 2 minutes sooner.  If you lose the challenge, guess what, you use the timeout that you used there anyways!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Stefanski made huge blunders with all 3 of his 2nd half timeouts.  Terrible challenge on a ball that clearly wasn't dropped for the first timeout.  Second timeout was on 2nd down of that drive...IF you aren't going to go for it on 4th there, why did you blow a timeout on 2nd down of that drive?  Then on his last timeout he still was sitting on a challenge.  So instead of just throwing the challenge flag on a close 3rd down play, he calls timeout.  Excuse me Stefanski, that basically gets rid of the challenge anyways, because you need to have a timeout to use the challenge.  Throw the challenge flag there, and if you win you stop them short 2 minutes sooner.  If you lose the challenge, guess what, you use the timeout that you used there anyways!

I do remember both of those blown time outs. You are correct about that. The challenge was idiotic and taking a time out on the drive when you know you are gonna need it later is also not the smartest move.  But I was referring more to the decision to punt rather than go for it. 

14 minutes ago, Victor7 said:

I do remember both of those blown time outs. You are correct about that. The challenge was idiotic and taking a time out on the drive when you know you are gonna need it later is also not the smartest move.  But I was referring more to the decision to punt rather than go for it. 

The decision to punt facing Henne there was OK given the 4th and 8 situation.  However, if you are planning on punting there, you do NOT under any circumstance use a timeout on 2nd and 10

• Thanks 1

If the Bills had gone for it on 4th down and missed there would have to narratives out there. First that the play call was bad and second that McDermott deflated his team but not getting any points after a very successful drive. 

It is the way.

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

#Cup or Bust 2021 #Bowl or Bust 2020

23 hours ago, daryls61 said:

If the Bills had gone for it on 4th down and missed there would have to narratives out there. First that the play call was bad and second that McDermott deflated his team but not getting any points after a very successful drive. 

At least they would have gone down fighting. Not cowering like a pussy ass wimp and hoping not to lose.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, daryls61 said:

I don't know. Maybe there would be critique of the play calling. But the decision to go for it ? Doubt it. That was the Chiefs we were playing. You can' beat them with kicks. You gotta swing for the fences. We tried to beat them with small ball. 

10 minutes ago, JoeFerguson said:

At least they would have gone down fighting. Not cowering like a pussy ass wimp and hoping not to lose.

Exactly. 

16 minutes ago, JoeFerguson said:

This sounds like keyboard tough guy talk which is popular now I know but I can assure you that the Bills were not "hoping not to lose".

It is the way.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

10 minutes ago, Victor7 said:

I don't know. Maybe there would be critique of the play calling. But the decision to go for it ? Doubt it. That was the Chiefs we were playing. You can' beat them with kicks. You gotta swing for the fences. We tried to beat them with small ball. 

Yes,. I am sure there would have been multiple threads congratulating the Bills on their correct decision making and about their "good job good effort" performance if they had gone for it on 4th down. 

It is the way.

1 minute ago, daryls61 said:

Yes,. I am sure there would have been multiple threads congratulating the Bills on their correct decision making and about their "good job good effort" performance if they had gone for it on 4th down. 

There's always people who will critique no matter what you do. They'll shit on any angle. But the fans ? I don't think so. Look around this board. Almost everyone is livid about how pussified our play was. We are all angry that we went down without even trying. It really seemed like they were hoping the Chiefs would fuck up. Waiting, reacting. Never attacking or being proponent. 

9 minutes ago, Victor7 said:

There's always people who will critique no matter what you do. They'll shit on any angle. But the fans ? I don't think so. Look around this board. Almost everyone is livid about how pussified our play was. We are all angry that we went down without even trying. It really seemed like they were hoping the Chiefs would fuck up. Waiting, reacting. Never attacking or being proponent. 

I guess what I don't see is how getting points and keeping the game as close as possible for as long as possible which maximizes their chance of winning is in anyway wimpy, pussified or not trying. 

I don;t think they were hoping the Chiefs would fuck up at all. Their thinking was they would regroup at halftime, come out with a better defensive effort and be only 1.5 scores down. Miss that FG and the team is deflated after finally having a decent drive.

It is the way.