Sign in to follow this  
Meathead

This game was too big for Josh

it pains me to say it, but Josh simply wasnt mature enough as a professional to handle the stakes of this game

you could see it earlier in the game when he wasnt setting up correctly like he had been during most previous games, he reverted to his throwing with his arm and not his whole body, not lining up his shoulder to the target, not setting his feet properly, etc. against an opponent as vastly superior overall as the chiefs, every single one of those passes he misthrew, or were dropped, were pounding nails into their coffin

its not surprising considering his young age, that hes still got a lot of development and maturing to do. at the start of the third quarter i caught a glimpse of his face as he headed onto the field and he had that look in his eyes again, the one he had sitting on the bench early in the 2nd half of last years houston playoff loss, kind of glassy eyed and a look of mild panic. i knew right there that we were finished. the only way we were going to win that game was either pure luck or if josh balled like he had so many games before. but he was incapable bc he was mentally shrinking under the psychological pressure

the bills were vastly outcoached, its true. letting kelce run free was astonishingly stupid. taking a fg when its fourth and goal down by multiple scores at the two and you have the #1 redzone offense against the #32 redzone defense was criminal. not having josh run more when its lose and go home was idiotic

but more than anything, it was josh unable to handle the magnitude of the game. they needed to keep pace in scoring and hope for some key turnovers to win that game. but josh was simply unable to handle the responsibility at this juncture in his development - along with maddening coaching blunders

the only good news is that it probably wont happen again, at least in the AFCC. i could see him glassy eyed again in his first SB, but by then the whole team should be stronger and it all wont fall on his shoulders so he wont feel so cornered. this was another step in his long term development, and the future looks bright. it just sucks we have to wait another season to see if they can keep the ball rolling uphill

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

It was too big for all of them. I wrote in another thread. It was quite a sight to witness the entire team pitch their worst performance during the same 3 hours. A good team can survive a few guys not having their best outing. The others pick up for them. But boy they all decided to be their absolute worst on the same day and it showed. 

I agree Josh looked jittery and 2018'ish. It was painful to see. He was also the only one that seemed to be trying though. McD sure as shit wasn't, he was settling for fucking 20 yard field goals. Frazier wasn't, letting Kelce and Hill wander all over the field unguarded. Our OL decided not to block anyone. Our DB's missed more tackles than I've ever seen. Daboll decided to coach scared and conservative. They all caved. 

The QB is the spot light. So the narrative will be that Josh failed at the worst possible times. Specially with how many haters he has out there (and in here). But I won't blame this all on him. That was an epic team collapse aside from 2 or 3 guys. We don't get anywhere near this game if not for his awesomeness. 

• Thanks 1

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Nick Wright would approve of this. 

Hate him or not...but this was the same shit he was preaching since week 1: watch for Allen to choke again on the road in a big playoff game.

And Allen kindly obliges. 

• Thanks 1

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

No, this game was too big for McD.  Chris Jones starts getting punchy and they don't flag him you call a time out.  You send in Barkley, Mackenzie, and a scrub OL and you chop block him and end his career.  

1 hour ago, seandelevan said:

Nick Wright would approve of this. 

Hate him or not...but this was the same shit he was preaching since week 1: watch for Allen to choke again on the road in a big playoff game.

And Allen kindly obliges. 

Wright is a turd. Had we won yesterday he would've gone back to his narrative for the Super Bowl. So unless you win it all "he's right" ??

Fuck that noise. He's been wrong all year long on Allen. One game doesn't change that, Even the AFC Championship. 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Wasn't too big for Mahomes.

Wasn't even too big for Mahomes when he was 22.

Are you saying, gulp, that Mahomes is better than Josh Allen ??

Woooow! The boldness ! 

The bravery !

The best player in the game and current Super Bowl MVP is better than our guy ? ... Who would've thought ?!??! My mind is blown. Didn't see this coming

End sarcasm 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Josh is the last of our problems from this game.  Chiefs got home time and time again on 4 man 5 man 6 man rushes.  It was a joke how bad our OL performed.  There's plenty of breakdowns showing Chiefs secondary running the routes Diggs was running before he'd even make the cut.  They were all over us top to bottom.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Meathead said:

it pains me to say it, but Josh simply wasnt mature enough as a professional to handle the stakes of this game

you could see it earlier in the game when he wasnt setting up correctly like he had been during most previous games, he reverted to his throwing with his arm and not his whole body, not lining up his shoulder to the target, not setting his feet properly, etc. against an opponent as vastly superior overall as the chiefs, every single one of those passes he misthrew, or were dropped, were pounding nails into their coffin

its not surprising considering his young age, that hes still got a lot of development and maturing to do. at the start of the third quarter i caught a glimpse of his face as he headed onto the field and he had that look in his eyes again, the one he had sitting on the bench early in the 2nd half of last years houston playoff loss, kind of glassy eyed and a look of mild panic. i knew right there that we were finished. the only way we were going to win that game was either pure luck or if josh balled like he had so many games before. but he was incapable bc he was mentally shrinking under the psychological pressure

the bills were vastly outcoached, its true. letting kelce run free was astonishingly stupid. taking a fg when its fourth and goal down by multiple scores at the two and you have the #1 redzone offense against the #32 redzone defense was criminal. not having josh run more when its lose and go home was idiotic

but more than anything, it was josh unable to handle the magnitude of the game. they needed to keep pace in scoring and hope for some key turnovers to win that game. but josh was simply unable to handle the responsibility at this juncture in his development - along with maddening coaching blunders

the only good news is that it probably wont happen again, at least in the AFCC. i could see him glassy eyed again in his first SB, but by then the whole team should be stronger and it all wont fall on his shoulders so he wont feel so cornered. this was another step in his long term development, and the future looks bright. it just sucks we have to wait another season to see if they can keep the ball rolling uphill

I thought they were a year a head of schedule, so we shall see!

• Thanks 1

Allen had his father in the hospital for the last 3 weeks due to COVID and pneumonia maybe he was rattled by that. Who knows. McD in the other hand he showed no balls whatsoever.

Swing to the fences they say but they were down and not even swinging. Bad everything, we sucked in all aspects of the game. Outmatched, outclassed and outplayed. it looked like a regular season game with how conservative they were. 

There a few things that we need to improve on. RB, RB and RB. Pass rusher, CB#2 opposite of Tre White, and that's it. I think we are close but it all depends of our pussy coaches.

Nick Wright? You mean this dope.

• Haha 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

LOL - that is funny. At least he is a good sport about it. I don't mind him now. 

It is the way.

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

#Cup or Bust 2021 #Bowl or Bust 2020

Josh was put in a horrible spot. The game was to big for McDermott 

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

5 hours ago, Victor7 said:

It was too big for all of them. I wrote in another thread. It was quite a sight to witness the entire team pitch their worst performance during the same 3 hours. A good team can survive a few guys not having their best outing. The others pick up for them. But boy they all decided to be their absolute worst on the same day and it showed. 

I agree Josh looked jittery and 2018'ish. It was painful to see. He was also the only one that seemed to be trying though. McD sure as shit wasn't, he was settling for fucking 20 yard field goals. Frazier wasn't, letting Kelce and Hill wander all over the field unguarded. Our OL decided not to block anyone. Our DB's missed more tackles than I've ever seen. Daboll decided to coach scared and conservative. They all caved. 

The QB is the spot light. So the narrative will be that Josh failed at the worst possible times. Specially with how many haters he has out there (and in here). But I won't blame this all on him. That was an epic team collapse aside from 2 or 3 guys. We don't get anywhere near this game if not for his awesomeness. 

Josh was the High School kid taking on the entire school to defend his best friend. And he never backed down, even though he wasn't getting much help from anybody. Did he make mistakes? Sure. But you try and play your best against the type of pressure the Chiefs were bringing on every down.

I don't blame Daboll for the loss, but I do blame him for not having any answers. To me, it was like he left Josh out on the field all alone to die.

I give props to Josh for showing up, and never quitting.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Nuke said:

Josh was put in a horrible spot. The game was to big for McDermott 

It ended up too big for all of them. But McD is the top offender. 

We faced them in week 6 and fared a lot better. And this time we were healthier and playing much better ball than back then. How come we got destroyed ? That means Andy Reid adjusted much better to us than we did to them. That is all on Sean McDermott. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, jamsim67 said:

Josh was the High School kid taking on the entire school to defend his best friend. And he never backed down, even though he wasn't getting much help from anybody. Did he make mistakes? Sure. But you try and play your best against the type of pressure the Chiefs were bringing on every down.

I don't blame Daboll for the loss, but I do blame him for not having any answers. To me, it was like he left Josh out on the field all alone to die.

I give props to Josh for showing up, and never quitting.

Amen brother. Spot on post. He may have not been good but he was trying out there. He really was. Can't say the same about McD, Frazier, Daboll and others. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

he had a much better team around him right from the start. they were also more battle tested having reached the afcc before mahomes was playing

allen will be as good as mahomes. he just started further back in college and had a much worse team around him when he was forced into the lineup

• Thanks 1

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

1 minute ago, Victor7 said:

Amen brother. Spot on post. He may have not been good but he was trying out there. He really was. Can't say the same about McD, Frazier, Daboll and others. 

McDermott, Frazier and Daboll have some explaining to do.

1 hour ago, the climber said:

I thought they were a year a head of schedule, so we shall see!

they were

allen needed this experience so that it doesnt happen again. then if they win the afcc next year, we'll have the sb to worry about him repeating the cycle. lol

2 minutes ago, Meathead said:

he had a much better team around him right from the start. they were also more battle tested having reached the afcc before mahomes was playing

allen will be as good as mahomes. he just started further back in college and had a much worse team around him when he was forced into the lineup

Please do not bring facts into Lit's Allen hate a palooza. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Wasn't too big for Mahomes.

I keep saying this, and you keep ignoring it.

Mahomes hit the lottery being drafted by the Chiefs, loaded then and now. Much easier to get NFL ready under those circumstances

Having said that, I will follow it up with Josh hit the lottery with the Bill's as well. They're working very hard with him to get him up to speed, where other teams might have just given him 2 years before cutting their losses. Could be they were made for each other

In the future, I can see Allen and Mahomes playing against each other in some very big games

Bills overachieved to get to AFC Championship. They need a running game. KC did not even need to play the run. When they tried to get Singletary involved, he dropped a layup and sure 20 yard gain. They miss Moss but really need a great back. 

Now throw in the defense. They were atrocious. I still think most of the D problems are coaching. I hope Frazier gets a job because they will not fire him. I hear a lot of complaining about guys like Edmunds. I admit, I don’t study every play like some of you. But do you really think this guy should be backpedaling the whole game or running downhill sticking players? This d philosophy is complete nonsense. Remember the Poyer hit. Pure frustration in that hit. These guys want to roll not get rolled over. Stud D lineman is a necessity. 

Seeing the shit D and no help from his backfield, he tried to do too much yesterday. No matter, even if JA was Superman, they weren’t winning yesterday. 

Running back

Dline

new D coordinator 

O line depth

WR 

They are not there yet with the talent. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, daryls61 said:

LOL - that is funny. At least he is a good sport about it. I don't mind him now. 

I don’t hate him as much as some Bills fans do. I mean the dude is a chiefs fan. Of course he’s going to pimp his squad and of course he’s going to mock teams that are the biggest threat to his squad. He’s like Mike Greenberg and the Jets, both don’t hide their biases toward their teams. 

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

4 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

I don’t hate him as much as some Bills fans do. I mean the dude is a chiefs fan. Of course he’s going to pimp his squad and of course he’s going to mock teams that are the biggest threat to his squad. He’s like Mike Greenberg and the Jets, both don’t hide their biases toward their teams. 

I wouldn't know who he was if it wasn't for you and a few others.

He's a douche

• Haha 1