Sign in to follow this  
HipKat

UB football finishes season ranked in Associated Press Top 25, coaches poll

The University at Buffalo football team will complete the 2020 season in the national rankings, for the first time in program history.

The Bulls are ranked No. 25 in the final Associated Press Top 25 poll, which was released Tuesday morning. The Bulls earned 51 votes from AP Top 25 voters, and were one of two Mid-American Conference teams to finish the season in the AP Top 25. Ball State, which beat UB for the MAC championship on Dec. 18, finished the season at No. 23.

UB is also ranked No. 25 in the USA Today Sports Amway Coaches Poll, which was released Tuesday.

"It’s a tremendous accomplishment to finish the season ranked in the Top 25 for the first time in program history," UB coach Lance Leipold said. "I’m proud of our players and staff for the work they put in and preserving through this atypical year. I look forward to building on this as we the turn the page to next season."

The Bulls went 6-1 in 2020 season that was abbreviated by Covid-19 and did not begin until November. UB won its five MAC games and the MAC East Division championship, and finished the season with a 17-10 win against Marshall in the Camellia Bowl on Dec. 25 in Montgomery, Ala. UB also completed its third consecutive winning season.

The Bulls were ranked twice in the regular season; UB earned its first national ranking in program history Dec. 6, when it was ranked No. 24. UB was ranked No. 23 a week later. 

Alabama, which won the College Football Playoff championship Monday, finished the season as the No. 1 team in the AP Top 25. 

1. Alabama (61)

2. Ohio State

3. Clemson

4. Texas A&M

5. Notre Dame

6. Oklahoma

7. Georgia

8. Cincinnati

9. Iowa State

10. Northwestern

11. BYU

12. Indiana

13. Florida

14. Coastal Carolina

15. Louisiana

16. Iowa

17. Liberty

18. North Carolina

19. Texas

20. Oklahoma State

21. USC

22. Miami (FL)

23. Ball State

24. San Jose State

25. Buffalo

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Great to see.   As an Alum from the Early 90's I remember them playing D3 I think....In that small stadium that would get like 500 people...maybe...And routinely trounced.

To now a top 5 draft pick in K. Mack, and a Top 25 rating....congrats. 

• Thanks 1