Sign in to follow this  
HipKat

Hey Bowman

2 minutes ago, jc856 said:

Well, if we aren’t counting collaborations like McCartney and Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson, stufff like that.....hmmm.

I know when Lennon was shot, wheels (go round and round) shot up (maybe) to number 1, but man, that was 40 years ago. Did that song, “Free as a bird” hit number 1? That was a song that was finished and released in the ‘90’s sometime. Other than that, I’m drawing a blank......

"Got My Mind Set On You" by George Harrison (1987).  This is actually a cover of a song written by Rudy Clark and recorded by James Ray in 1962.  Harrison pretty much rewrote/revamped the song.

37 minutes ago, jc856 said:

“The Meathead Callout Thread and ‘I’m Leaving This Group!’ Service and Technical Center”.

yeah right?

i asked Lit to create a public Spam folder so that theres a more reasonable place to sent this shit

it would also dissuade people from creating shit threads that are made just to abuse somebody, or other completely useless threads. i think mine and victors track record and personal reputations are strong enough to know we wouldn't abuse it. Lit seems to be leaving that up to us to take care of, and hes been behaving exceptionally well most of the time anyway

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

31 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

"Got My Mind Set On You" by George Harrison (1987).  This is actually a cover of a song written by Rudy Clark and recorded by James Ray in 1962.  Harrison pretty much rewrote/revamped the song.

Holy shit, wouldn’t have guessed that! Never liked that song, either😄

2 hours ago, jc856 said:

Holy shit, wouldn’t have guessed that! Never liked that song, either😄

I like it enough.  It's different and rather catchy.  Cloud Nine was a quality comeback album produced by Jeff Lynne (ELO).  Another question: In 1970 the Beatles considered continuing on without Paul McCartney and with Klaus Voormann as the new bass player.  What was the name of this "new" band going to be (John, George, Ringo, Klaus)?  Of course, the plan fell through.   

27 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

I like it enough.  It's different and rather catchy.  Cloud Nine was a quality comeback album produced by Jeff Lynne (ELO).  Another question: In 1970 the Beatles considered continuing on without Paul McCartney and with Klaus Voormann as the new bass player.  What was the name of this "new" band going to be (John, George, Ringo, Klaus)?  Of course, the plan fell through.   

Hmm....good question. Voorman was playing with the Quarrymen with Lennon? He was from the art school they were going to? 

Im pretty good with Beatles trivia, but it’s been so long.......sounds like you’re better at it though! I’ll give this one some thought, but nothings coming to mind right now.

2 minutes ago, jc856 said:

Hmm....good question. Voorman was playing with the Quarrymen with Lennon? He was from the art school they were going to? 

Im pretty good with Beatles trivia, but it’s been so long.......sounds like you’re better at it though! I’ll give this one some thought, but nothings coming to mind right now.

Take your time.  It's a cool name.  Easy to ask trivia questions because you already know the answer!  Send some my way.  Stones, Who, CCR, Elton, etc.  I was never a Led Zep fan so I'd suck at any questions about them.

4 hours ago, Meathead said:

it is rude to call out a poster negatively by putting their name in the title of the thread

i was hoping that i didnt need to make it board policy, that people would just know that its rude and act accordingly

but the next time it happens its going to fall under the same rules as poster stalking

i really should move this shit thread to technical support. i wish we had a Spam folder bc thats where it belongs, so the only choice i have is to move pieces of shit to a folder named after me. ironic

You never heard of locking a thread?

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

i dont like to lock threads. i would prefer bad threads stay open so that if anybody wise happens to stroll in they may provide a perspective that is immensely useful

thats one reason why i would prefer to just move them with open status. that, and to silently shame those posting that kind of puerile shit

you could have just named it 'rep stalking' or something like that, you could have PM'ed bowman and just asked him to stop (worth a shot), or you could have done what i recommended and just put him on ignore for a while and he would have stopped by now. take the easy mostly likely effective way first, and escalate later if he doesnt relent

i like much of what you post, but theres absolutely no doubt you have an anger problem that causes you to turn abusive too often. youre old enough to know better. ive known many people with anger problems that fixed it very well with standard psychotherapy. thats what you should do. tell your doctor you believe you have an anger management problem and have him recommend somebody. hes probably got a million he could have you try. its a very common problem

• Like 1

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

3 minutes ago, Meathead said:

i dont like to lock threads. i would prefer bad threads stay open so that if anybody wise happens to stroll in they may provide a perspective that is immensely useful

thats one reason why i would prefer to just move them with open status. that, and to silently shame those posting that kind of puerile shit

You should do Hip a solid.  He had a rough day at work today.  :niterider:

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

12 hours ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Take your time.  It's a cool name.  Easy to ask trivia questions because you already know the answer!  Send some my way.  Stones, Who, CCR, Elton, etc.  I was never a Led Zep fan so I'd suck at any questions about them.

Anybody care to take a guess?