Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Agree or be banned

2 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

That's what it comes down to, right now. 

Whether you agree with the bozo or not (and I think the numbers of those who agree are massively dwindling), it is NOT in your best interest, or the Countries best interest, to see him, or anyone else, banned from social media or technology sites.

If Hitler was alive during the era of Twitter, I feel that he even should NOT be banned.

Voices should be heard - even dangerous voices. Not muted in the hopes that they no longer believe what they believe. 

That's how columbine type shootings happen.

That's how undergrounds movements happen. 

That's how anger boils slowly until it bursts.

And the monopoly of the tech giants are growing stronger.

- Twitter bans Trump 

- Then Facebook

- Then Repubs run to Parlor

- But oops, Amazon bans Parlor

See the problem here?

It's not JUST about Trump.

You either agree with the tech elite, or you can not run a tech company.

Or talk on their platform. 

Even if you HATE Trump, you should abhor the actions to stifle speech - even if it is by a private company that technically has the right to do so. 

If you're a democrat, you should HATE the problem that this will cause AS MUCH as you hate Trump.

Just a few months ago, democrats were complaining about the monopoly of the tech giants: https://www.npr.org/2020/10/06/920882893/how-are-apple-amazon-facebook-google-monopolies-house-report-counts-the-ways

Now they are OK with it, since it serves their agenda.

Don't be a hypocrite.

Good post. Lit.  Censorship is wrong.  People are being censored. It needs to STOP.

These people don't understand that every voice or person that gets shut down just makes the water boil a little closer to the top.

And when it boils over, they won't like the response these people will give.

When you keep taking away someone's and/or livelihood, there is only one way to respond.....

and that usually doesn't end well.

Silencing a person in every aspect of life leaves only one remaining response.

Twitter and Facebook are fucking around everywhere.  Uganda just banned Facebook from the country for interfering with their elections.  :niterider:

process.jpg
seandelevan said:
Fuck this team
StraightJ said:
I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!
BertSquirtgum said:
Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy
Mainejays said:
Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.
image-trump-emoticon.png
212frawk said:
also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

These people forget that both free speech and tolerance are two way streets. Either you have it all or you don't have freedom of either. For all the talk about "If you don't like it then go build your own" what happens is when you actually DO build your own they try to infiltrate it or get it shut down and to me that doesn't adhere to free market principles. Having reconsidered what Big Tech did I don't actually think they should have the ability to remove non-criminal members since they are essentially a public forum and benefit from government protections. It's a huge problem to completely vaporize elected politicians from their platforms considering that these are used to communicate with their constituents for both policy and emergency information. 

So anyone on here celebrating the demise of apps like Parler (which is not from economic failure), you need to look at yourself in the mirror and come to terms with the fact that people like you are the cause of division, loss of liberty, and rise of oppressive regimes that you won't be happy with once they go full bore. I truly pity you.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

2 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

These people forget that both free speech and tolerance are two way streets. Either you have it all or you don't have freedom of either. For all the talk about "If you don't like it then go build your own" what happens is when you actually DO build your own they try to infiltrate it or get it shut down and to me that doesn't adhere to free market principles. Having reconsidered what Big Tech did I don't actually think they should have the ability to remove non-criminal members since they are essentially a public forum and benefit from government protections. It's a huge problem to completely vaporize elected politicians from their platforms considering that these are used to communicate with their constituents for both policy and emergency information. 

So anyone on here celebrating the demise of apps like Parler (which is not from economic failure), you need to look at yourself in the mirror and come to terms with the fact that people like you are the cause of division, loss of liberty, and rise of oppressive regimes that you won't be happy with once they go full bore. I truly pity you.

230 has to go

3 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Now they are OK with it, since it serves their agenda.

Don't be a hypocrite.

It's not "their agenda". It's certain groups spreading hate, lies and rhetoric, and making plans for organized operations against government bodies. If they don't put a stop to it, then they're going to be held legally (libel) for allowing a platform for these militant groups to organize illegal activities

• Like 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

43 minutes ago, HipKat said:

It's not "their agenda". It's certain groups spreading hate, lies and rhetoric, and making plans for organized operations against government bodies. If they don't put a stop to it, then they're going to be held legally (libel) for allowing a platform for these militant groups to organize illegal activities

Somebody just does not get it.

7 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Bull crap.

People have posted literal murders on social media and the companies are not held liable.

They’re only doing this because Democrats have control now. It’s clear as day.

EXACTLY.  People saying anything else are spinning or lying.  Probably both.

• Like 1

i despise the don and believe he should be held accountable for his numerous crimes, including inciting a mob to attack the capitol building and preparing to take congresspeople hostage and/or kill them

but i am complete against these lifetime bans

they should do it the way we do it here. every voice should be heard, no matter how offensive. if they cant demonstrate that their offensive content has some merit, then you warn them with specific instructions where they are violating the terms of use and are in danger of a temporary ban. if they persist with no effort to comply, then you temporarily ban them, escalate the length of the ban every time they continue to break the clearly defined rules, and ultimately consider a multi-year ban, with a chance to return if they mature out of it

at some point even someone as despicable as trump should be allowed back on these platforms. it serves no good to eliminate someone permanently, unless they exhibit a repeated pattern of not being able to follow the rules no matter how many chances you give them. those instances should be very rare

• Thanks 1

One set of rules for all in The Beloved Community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

34 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

agreed. and its pathetic

this is why i only want dem control for two years, to get the ACA entrenched, and then go back to a divided gubmint where the checks and balances force the sides to work together

over the last decade+ even that hasnt worked. but you cant let either party hold total control for very long at all, preferably never, bc that always fucks things up. just give me a working health care system for everybody and get back to divided control as quick as possible

• Thanks 1

One set of rules for all in The Beloved Community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

52 minutes ago, Meathead said:

i despise the don and believe he should be held accountable for his numerous crimes, including inciting a mob to attack the capitol building and preparing to take congresspeople hostage and/or kill them

they should do it the way we do it here. every voice should be heard, no matter how offensive. if they cant demonstrate that their offensive content has some merit, then you warn them with specific instructions where they are violating the terms of use and are in danger of a temporary ban. if they persist with no effort to comply, then you temporarily ban them, escalate the length of the ban every time they continue to break the clearly defined rules, and ultimately consider a multi-year ban, with a chance to return if they mature out of it

at some point even someone as despicable as trump should be allowed back on these platforms. it serves no good to eliminate someone permanently, unless they exhibit a repeated pattern of not being able to follow the rules no matter how many chances you give them. those instances should be very rare

Bingo.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

53 minutes ago, Meathead said:

Big problem:  who makes the rules and who sets the standards?

1 minute ago, Nuke said:

Well said Lit. Big tech has over stepped their bounds. They’re not just censoring “misinformation”. They’re censoring everything that doesn’t fit their agenda. A guy posted the video of Biden fighting with the worker over guns and Facebook deleted it. That fight happened, it wasn’t “misinformation”, yet Facebook  censored it. And this thought, by a lot of posters here, that it’s cool as long as they are not censoring my side is dangerous. 

Exactamundo.  Good post.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nuke said:

Well said Lit. Big tech has over stepped their bounds. They’re not just censoring “misinformation”. They’re censoring everything that doesn’t fit their agenda. A guy posted the video of Biden fighting with the worker over guns and Facebook deleted it. That fight happened, it wasn’t “misinformation”, yet Facebook  censored it. And this thought, by a lot of posters here, that it’s cool as long as they are not censoring my side is dangerous. 

This poem is still relevant decades later.

first-they-came-martin-niemoller.jpg

• Like 2

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

Bull crap.

People have posted literal murders on social media and the companies are not held liable.

Maybe or maybe it's because they used that platform to stage the event that happened last week. 

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 hour ago, Meathead said:

Why ban them at all?? Or if they keep doing it, eventually it turns into a lifetime ban, right? Well, Trump has been doing this shit for 5 years. Longer, really, going back to his attacks on Obama. So you're kind've contradicting yourself. 

Every voice should be heard, but if he/she breaks the TOS, they get a ban that gets longer and longer if they keep repeating the behavior. Does that sound about right?

Seek help. soflabillsfan

31 minutes ago, Nuke said:

Well said Lit. Big tech has over stepped their bounds. They’re not just censoring “misinformation”. They’re censoring everything that doesn’t fit their agenda.

Yeah, they are and so what? It's their fucking playground. They get to make their own rules and they get to decide who gets to play in it and who doesn't. Just like you do in your home/world. Just like I do, just like we all do.

• Disagree 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

5 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

I think Hip is scared of Lit.

What??

• Disagree 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

6 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Why ban them at all?? Or if they keep doing it, eventually it turns into a lifetime ban, right? Well, Trump has been doing this shit for 5 years. Longer, really, going back to his attacks on Obama. So you're kind've contradicting yourself. 

Every voice should be heard, but if he/she breaks the TOS, they get a ban that gets longer and longer if they keep repeating the behavior. Does that sound about right?

LOL

6 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Yeah, they are and so what? It's their fucking playground. They get to make their own rules and they get to decide who gets to play in it and who doesn't. Just like you do in your home/world. Just like I do, just like we all do.

Hip supports shutting down any voices that he disagrees with.  How nice.  Very American.

• Thanks 1