Sign in to follow this  
SackMan518

NYT Accuses Pelosi of Orchestrating a Military Coup?

I suppose this is why they're desperate to remove him from office before the 21st via the 25th or impeachment. It doesn't smell right. Why so serious? They're crying about Trump launching nuclear bombs or some such nonsense but given his record that is hardly likely. However I could see some scenario where military grade weapons are used by the DS and the media will spin it as Trump got deranged and ordered these strikes. Nothing is out of the possibilities.

Pelosi Pressed Pentagon on Safeguards to Prevent Trump From Ordering Military Action

But short of the cabinet invoking the 25th Amendment or impeaching and convicting the president, it would be unconstitutional to defy legal orders from the commander in chief, experts note.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California on Friday took the unprecedented step of asking the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff about “available precautions” to prevent President Trump from initiating military action abroad or using his sole authority to launch nuclear weapons in the last days of his term.

In a phone call to the chairman, Gen. Mark A. Milley, Ms. Pelosi appeared to be seeking to have the Pentagon leadership essentially remove Mr. Trump from his authorities as the commander in chief. That could be accomplished by ignoring the president’s orders or slowing them by questioning whether they were issued legally.

But General Milley appears to have made no commitments. Short of the cabinet invoking the 25th Amendment or removing Mr. Trump through impeachment in the House and conviction in the Senate, it is unconstitutional to defy legal orders from the commander in chief.

Ms. Pelosi’s request, which she announced to the Democratic caucus as an effort to prevent “an unhinged president” from using the nuclear codes, was wrapped in the politics of seeking a second impeachment of Mr. Trump.

Col. Dave Butler, a spokesman for General Milley, confirmed that the phone call with the speaker had taken place but described it as informational. “He answered her questions regarding the process of nuclear command authority,” he said.

But some Defense Department officials clearly resented being asked to act outside of the legal authority of the 25th Amendment and saw it as more evidence of a broken political system. They said that some political leaders were trying to get the Pentagon to do the work of Congress and cabinet secretaries, who have legal options to remove a president.

Mr. Trump, they noted, is still the commander in chief; unless he is removed, the military is bound to follow his lawful orders. While military officials can refuse to carry out orders they view as illegal — or slow the process by sending those orders for careful legal review — they cannot remove the president from the chain of command. That would amount to a military coup, the officials said.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

49 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Mr. Trump, they noted, is still the commander in chief; unless he is removed, the military is bound to follow his lawful orders. While military officials can refuse to carry out orders they view as illegal — or slow the process by sending those orders for careful legal review — they cannot remove the president from the chain of command. That would amount to a military coup, the officials said.

And because you're too pussy to wear a uniform, let's look at facts;

WHEN CAN A SOLDIER DISOBEY AN ORDER?

Every military officer swears an oath upon commissioning. That oath is not to obey all orders. It is to “preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.” It is simply wrong to say Calley had an obligation to follow any order no matter what. His first obligation was to obey the law

What Is a Military 'Duty to Disobey'?

When can a soldier or officer refuse to follow an order they disagree with?

The question arose recently when U.S. Secretary of the Navy Richard Spencer resigned from his post after saying that he felt an obligation to disobey an order from his commander-in-chief, President Donald Trump.

The issue involved a Navy SEAL, Eddie Gallagher, whose demotion for posing for a photo with a combatant's corpse was reversed by Trump on Nov. 15.

That action prompted Spencer to send Trump a resignation letter on Nov. 24 in which he stated, "I cannot in good conscience obey an order that I believe violates the sacred oath I took in the presence of my family, my flag and my faith to support and defend the Constitution of the United States."

So, can a person in the military simply refuse to follow an order if they don't like it?

The answer is yes — if they consider the order itself to be illegal or unconstitutional.

It's generally called a "duty to disobey," and is empowered by the Uniform Code of Military Justice. The UCMJ is more concerned about the need to obey orders, but specifies the conditions when military personnel may feel justified in not following them:

• If the order is "contrary to the constitution" or "the laws of the United States."
  • If the order is "patently illegal, ... such as one that directs the commission of a crime."

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

In a phone call to the chairman, Gen. Mark A. Milley, Ms. Pelosi appeared to be seeking to have the Pentagon leadership essentially remove Mr. Trump from his authorities as the commander in chief. That could be accomplished by ignoring the president’s orders or slowing them by questioning whether they were issued legally.

Funniest thing I read this morning in a response comment on another site:

"Someone should look into removing he bottle of vodka"

• Haha 1

wynona's big brown beaver cowboys GIF by Primus

8 minutes ago, DannyBoy said:

Funniest thing I read this morning in a response comment on another site:

"Someone should look into removing he bottle of vodka"

If a breathalyzer test were required before she took the podium she'd be permanently silenced.

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

1 hour ago, SackMan518 said:

If a breathalyzer test were required before she took the podium she'd be permanently silenced.

I wonder if that dumb shit from Little Rock, AK that broke into her office and posed for a picture found her stash.   

• Haha 1

wynona's big brown beaver cowboys GIF by Primus

I still shudder to think she was re-elected Speaker.... Fucking dumb Democrats

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

6 hours ago, HipKat said:

I still shudder to think she was re-elected Speaker.... Fucking dumb Democrats

Her re-election was well deserved.  She brought in a COVID infected house member to help put her over the goal line.  That's dedication!

19 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Fuck Nancy Pelosi. Dried up old bitch.  Fuck her.

I admit I still want to motorboat them big old titties.

• Haha 1

Parler @NYexile

1 hour ago, SackMan518 said:

I admit I still want to motorboat them big old titties.

87EADAAC-01B4-4F64-989A-4C99D7EE8613.jpeg

• Haha 1