LiterateStylish

Just saw Shaq Lawson’s stats in Miami

28 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Wow.

Lawson has 32 tackles, four sacks, 18 quarterback hits, a forced fumble, and a fumble return for a touchdown this season.

So is that worth $10million a year?

Add that to Jordan Phillips's numbers and you have a half-dozen sacks for a paltry $20 million!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, B LO said:

Add that to Jordan Phillips's numbers and you have a half-dozen sacks for a paltry $20 million!

Didn't Phillips blow his knee out?

12 minutes ago, the climber said:

I know. Lit posts some stats and says, “wow”. And I’m like wow what? Wow, the Dolphins got hosed?  Or, wow we made a mistake? AJ Klien has 71 total tackles, 5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles for half the price.

• Thanks 1

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

Hmmm, really? I think he's underperforming.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Yeah fire Beane and bring on Donahoe, Russ Brandon, Marv, Buddy Nix, and Whaley so we can have a proper multi-generational rebuiild.

• Haha 1

Just now, Psycho79 said:

We’re still 11-3 and division champs without Lawson. 

but but now we won't be able to draft a DB from Ohio State. . . .

Lawson is sorely missed in run defense. One of the strongest players ever at the end position stopping all the plays from getting outside and around the edge before they even have a chance. He routinely pushes two offensive players upfield and disrupts.

I too thought he was over paid.......but hindsight is 20/20 and Bills could have used him.

cba fan

36 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Lawson is sorely missed in run defense. One of the strongest players ever at the end position stopping all the plays from getting outside and around the edge before they even have a chance. He routinely pushes two offensive players upfield and disrupts.

I too thought he was over paid.......but hindsight is 20/20 and Bills could have used him.

Someone FINALLY gets it!

I was wondering how many responses it would take until someone said the obvious.

Shaq’s stats are incredible because he is NOT a pass rusher. 

He is excellent in run support, and losing him is likely one of the reasons we struggled so much with the run early on. He was also great at setting the edge.

So to see someone who is a great run defender, ALSO put up 18 QB hits... that’s basically a dream scenario and worth every penny of $10 mil per season.

• Like 2

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

8 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Someone FINALLY gets it!

I was wondering how many responses it would take until someone said the obvious.

Shaq’s stats are incredible because he is NOT a pass rusher. 

He is excellent in run support, and losing him is likely one of the reasons we struggled so much with the run early on. He was also great at setting the edge.

So to see someone who is a great run defender, ALSO put up 18 QB hits... that’s basically a dream scenario and worth every penny of $10 mil per season.

But isn't he playing full-time now? He was played sparingly or alternating with Murphy or whoever when here. Isn't he playing more downs for them than us?

5 minutes ago, Coach'sUncle'sSon said:

But isn't he playing full-time now? He was played sparingly or alternating with Murphy or whoever when here. Isn't he playing more downs for them than us?

He has played 62% of snaps with Miami.

Murphy has been benched for like 3 of the past 4 games. 

10 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

He has played 62% of snaps with Miami.

Murphy has been benched for like 3 of the past 4 games. 

Well, that's 2/3rds, or every first & second down. Who are we playing in his place/%? And what was Shaq's % here? If you include 4th downs then he's been in on maybe half of the 3rd downs too.

6 minutes ago, Coach'sUncle'sSon said:

Well, that's 2/3rds, or every first & second down. Who are we playing in his place/%?

Addison I think.

1 minute ago, LiterateStylish said:

Addison I think.

1 minute ago, LiterateStylish said:

Addison I think.

So it is Addison's stats vs Shaq's? or Addison's stats per $ versus Shaq's stats per $ in Miami?

1 minute ago, Coach'sUncle'sSon said:

So it is Addison's stats vs Shaq's? or Addison's stats per $ versus Shaq's stats per $ in Miami?

Both.

We gave Addison the same yearly amount that Shaq got.

Just now, LiterateStylish said:

Lawson...

Then McBeane fucked up. But I could see maybe McD feeling Shaq wasn't giving his all... or he didn't believe he had a future here... or he thought he plateaued. I didn't look up either's stats (and won't) so don't know which stat may be a trade-off... Is a tipped pass worth more than a QB hit or pressure? A forced fumble more than an INT or fumble recovery? A lot is subjective... like I say, I have not seen stats so can't decide. Maybe McBeane knew Addison would be available. Or maybe he was an emergency signing as his replacement. Or maybe they just felt more comfortable because of the Panthers relationship. I guess time will tell...

Just now, Coach'sUncle'sSon said:

Then McBeane fucked up. But I could see maybe McD feeling Shaq wasn't giving his all... or he didn't believe he had a future here... or he thought he plateaued. I didn't look up either's stats (and won't) so don't know which stat may be a trade-off... Is a tipped pass worth more than a QB hit or pressure? A forced fumble more than an INT or fumble recovery? A lot is subjective... like I say, I have not seen stats so can't decide. Maybe McBeane knew Addison would be available. Or maybe he was an emergency signing as his replacement. Or maybe they just felt more comfortable because of the Panthers relationship. I guess time will tell...

I don’t necessarily blame McD for letting Shaq walk.

But we do miss his run stopping ability.

I do blame him for letting Jordan Phillips walk.

On 12/25/2020 at 8:35 PM, the climber said:

No

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?