LiterateStylish

If you could pick 1 Bills player from the drought years to join this years team, who would it be?

Saw people playing this game on Twitter and thought it was fun.

Some good options:

Antoine Winfield

Eric Moulds

Nate Clements

Takeo Spikes

Fred Jackson

Kyle Williams

etc

Fred Jackson is my favorite Bill of all time, but I think i’d have to go with either Reuben Brown or Takeo Spikes.

I think either one of those guys would be huge upgrades.

• Thanks 1

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

Darrel Tally.

His leadership on Defense was invaluable

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Darryl Talley doesn't count as part of the dark decades after the Super Bowl years. Darryl Talley was part of those Jim Kelly Super Bowl teams. Even if you might have played a few games when the dark decades started that doesn't mean you should be considered a candidate for what this thread was intended for. Darryl Talley went to four straight Super Bowls, those are definitely not dark days

Basically the OP was asking who was the best player during the infamous playoff drought. Personally I think that answer is pretty easy. Eric Moulds was an excellent wide receiver who unfortunately played on mostly bad teams with a revolving door of bums at quarterback. Eric Moulds might have been a borderline Hall of Fame candidate if he had played on a good team that had other premier weapons besides just himself

• Thanks 1

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

8 hours ago, Meathead said:

Darryl Talley doesn't count as part of the dark decades after the Super Bowl years. Darryl Talley was part of those Jim Kelly Super Bowl teams. Even if you might have played a few games when the dark decades started that doesn't mean you should be considered a candidate for what this thread was intended for. Darryl Talley went to four straight Super Bowls, those are definitely not dark days

Basically the OP was asking who was the best player during the infamous playoff drought. Personally I think that answer is pretty easy. Eric Moulds was an excellent wide receiver who unfortunately played on mostly bad teams with a revolving door of bums at quarterback. Eric Moulds might have been a borderline Hall of Fame candidate if he had played on a good team that had other premier weapons besides just himself

Oh, yeah, duh. How the heck did I miss the "drought" part of that... lol... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Donald Trump.  He saved us from being Bon Jovi's Toronto Border Collies.

One last salute to our greatest living president.  I hope the Aquarian gets a super bowl ring when we win.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Erik Moulds played in the playoffs. So does he count as far as a drought player? Technically, Kyle’s last game was a playoff game. I’ll go Fred Jackson. A leader, with a lot of heart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

What about Jason Peters or maybe Eric Wood?

A lot of great ones  but for the biggest weakness today guess id take big Ted Washington

• Like 2

Fuck Jason Peters, they developed his dumb ass from obscurity and then he bailed on us in a heartbeat. 

• Thanks 2

Quite some good players. But our greatest need is guard IMO, so I‘d go Brown etching out Ted Washington ...

Proud adopter of #54 AJ Klein and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Ninety-five Percents

Great thread!!

Love me some Kyle and Emoulds but they both played in a post season game for us. Moulds might've played in 3 IIRC. 

Gotta go with Fred Jackson. One of my absolute favorite players of all time. 

Honorable mentions to:

Aaron Schobel. Quiet guy, never in the spotlight. But consistent as fuck. Sack machine. 

Terrance McGee. Another quiet, sort of behind the scenes guy. But he was always playing well both as corner and as a return man. 

I know this makes little sense because, you know Allen, but Fitz deserves a holler as well. 

Now if you wanna talk about what our current team lacks ? .... Then Beast Mode. Imagine that passing game with Lynch running the ball. Boner jamz!

How about Sam Adams ? To anchor up the DLine ?

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

3 hours ago, rcas0308 said:

Aaron Schobel  

Schobel was the definition of loser-time sacks.

We would be down 28-6 in the 4th and he would get 2 sacks that meant nothing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

8 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Schobel was the definition of loser-time sacks.

We would be down 28-6 in the 4th and he would get 2 sacks that meant nothing.

How do you get sacks in "loser time" ?

The other team isn't even passing at that point. 

Always hated that narrative. Dude was legit. Had numbers equal and around Jason Taylor, Michael Strahan and such. 

• Thanks 1

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

My choices come down to G (Brown), CB (Winfield), DT (Kyle/Pat Williams/Sam Adams) or DE (Mario).

I'll go with Kyle Williams. 

well we really should have established parameters at the start of this thing, like explicitly state the year range for eligible players. since the last playoff game for the bills before the drought was 1999, that would mean players between 2000-2017. then we could have chosen to allow players to have played in that 1999 game, or any playoff game before or after that and still qualify, or we could have eliminated them

as it is now guys are throwing out names that played in multiple bills playoff games, which just feels like it breaks the spirit of the question

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

Gilmore opposite White would be a nasty combo. That would be easily the best secondary in the NFL.

On offense I wouldn't mind seeing Reuben Brown or CJ spiller.

I legit homerun threat at RB would be nice. 

I'd love to get Travis Etienne in next years draft just for that.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

Fred Jackson and Fat Pat or Kyle. Jackson running in this offense? Wow, just send the Lombardi to One Bills Drive.  Fat Pat or Kyle? They would gobble up opposing offensive lines and feast on opposing backs.

• Thanks 1