Sign in to follow this  

56 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

First 5 games: 14 passing TD’s, 3 INT

Last 5 games: 6 passing TD’s, 4 INT

Concerning?

Not today..it wasn't about Josh Allen stats it was about the team getting the running game going so we have a successful playoff run. We already know Allen can throw 30-40 times a game and still win. 

Needs to learn when a play is lost and just take a sack without exposing himself and doing crazy things with the ball.

Still a 76% pass completion rate.  Also had a very deep PI going to Diggs.

Seems there is a little different coaching philosophy, forcing the run today (working for the most part, so that’s good). There are things he must clean up.

I’d call it minor concern.  

I would say it is something to keep an eye on. Its an offensive league so we have to score points.

• Thanks 2

It is the way.

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

#Cup or Bust 2021 #Bowl or Bust 2020

Nah, the line is not doing that great in pass protection.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Josh is fine, every QB is going to make a few mistakes.  As long as he only makes one or two mistakes a game, that is fine.  INT suck but even the great QB's throw them here and there.  I don't think he is Mahomes great, but he is a franchise QB and glad we have him.  O line struggled against Bosa all day.  

• Thanks 1

I don't think that Allen has regressed, I think that Brian Dabol's refusal to take what defenses allow him has put Allen in bad situations. With that said, I'm not exonerating Allen of making some bonehead throws in the last couple of weeks but it seems that the pass play calling excludes short and intermediate routes; For example, today on 3rd and 3 Brian Dabol dialed up a long developing pass play and Allen was sacked killing a drive. Stuff like that drives me nuts, just get the 1st down and take a homerun shot 1st or 2nd and short. I don't claim to be an offensive football genius, but I am left scratching my head sometimes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, slam53 said:

I don't think that Allen has regressed, I think that Brian Dabol's refusal to take what defenses allow him has put Allen in bad situations. With that said, I'm not exonerating Allen of making some bonehead throws in the last couple of weeks but it seems that the pass play calling excludes short and intermediate routes; For example, today on 3rd and 3 Brian Dabol dialed up a long developing pass play and Allen was sacked killing a drive. Stuff like that drives me nuts, just get the 1st down and take a homerun shot 1st or 2nd and short. I don't claim to be an offensive football genius, but I am left scratching my head sometimes.

True. Check downs to Lee Smith and run plays on 2nd and 15 and similar plays have been rearing their ugly head more and more. It seems there is a quota on how many “shots” the Bills offense can take...which is like 1 maybe 2 tops....a 1975 football mentality.

• Like 1

miserable that 70s show GIF

13 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Concerning?

Can't make excuses for it anymore, he has to be smarter with the football. This isn't football with his friends, it's the NFL and he's in his 3rd year. Sometimes it's better to just fall on the ball, and sometimes it's better to just take a sack. Better to learn from a sack, than from a poorly thrown ball into double and triple coverage that puts your defense into harms way.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Concerning?

No

Defenses are adjusting. OL blocking has been less that ideal, run game has been almost non existent (aside from yesterday), Brown has been missing or hobbled for most of those games. 

Now Allen himself has made some dumb ass mistakes. He's part of it too. He also needs to just let a play die some times. He nearly got his leg broken in half yesterday for what would've been at best a 1-2 yard completion on that Bosa play. Pick was incredibly dumb too. That said he wasn't that bad yesterday. We just didn't need him that much. Run game was doing well. 

If all the parts up their game just a bit and Brown can come back healthy I think we'll see a better Allen.

• Thanks 1

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

On 11/29/2020 at 8:10 PM, LiterateStylish said:

Concerning?

Allen Comparison.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

On 11/30/2020 at 6:43 AM, nealpellecchia@yahoo said:

If he can get better at what he likes to do....

For him to spin that ball and ignore the question. And do what he has to do every game day!!!!! Josh Allen is a very tough dood. The effort he is making to fullfil his potential ?? Amazing . Anybody still think he's an accuracy problem?