Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Simms & Florio - Bills coaching failed Buffalo on Hail Mary

They both asked why the Bills didn’t blitz Murray or at least bump the receivers.

Same exact things I’ve been saying.

Then Simms showed this All-22 pic and asked “why is there TWO Bills defenders covering a receiver that is only 10 yards past the line of scrimmage?” (paraphrasing). See the red circle below.

They can have that 10 yard pass. Give it to them. Just protect the end zone.

D490D08C-9E8C-4546-A850-856D6B69BF01.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

8 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

No point of Edmunds in coverage, he should have been blitzing Kyler with his giant wingspan, he'd tower over Kyler making it a difficult throw.  I like rushing 5 on a hail mary play.  But even Kyler admitted that the play was supposed to go to Isabella for like 20 yards but we took it away.  His bailout option was a heave into triple coverage, just unlucky really

I heard the complete opposite from Kyler. Where did you hear that?

The clip I heard had Kyler saying they practice that Hail Mary in practice every week and then I also heard Hopkins say the ball was supposed to go to him or another big guy in the endzone...

Throwing it 20 yards in the middle of the field with 11 seconds and zero timeouts makes no sense. The game would be over before they could make another snap.

“I seen him scrambling around. I knew he was going to try to... give me the ball or one of the big guys downfield, that can go up and pinpoint it” - Hopkins

13 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

They both asked why the Bills didn’t blitz Murray or at least bump the receivers.

Same exact things I’ve been saying.

Then Simms showed this All-22 pic and asked “why is there TWO Bills defenders covering a receiver that is only 10 yards past the line of scrimmage?” (paraphrasing). See the red circle below.

They can have that 10 yard pass. Give it to them. Just protect the end zone.

D490D08C-9E8C-4546-A850-856D6B69BF01.jpeg

Yeah no need for those 2 guys on the short route. One is enough. Either have that other guy back in the EZ or rushing the passer. No use there. 

Question. Where's the LOS ?? .... Is that guy on the 44-45 yard line a blocker? Might he be illegally down field ?

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

14 minutes ago, Victor7 said:

Yeah no need for those 2 guys on the short route. One is enough. Either have that other guy back in the EZ or rushing the passer. No use there. 

Question. Where's the LOS ?? .... Is that guy on the 44-45 yard line a blocker? Might he be illegally down field ?

LOS is the 43 or 44 I believe. He is close.

Bills blew it on multiple  levels that play

• Thanks 1

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

Man that is painful to look at. I'm still really pissed off.

• Thanks 1

Edmunds is supposed to be good in pass coverage.

If he isn't attacking the QB, why isn't he hanging at the goal line with his 6'5" frame?

Coaching 101, but a lot was done wrong before this play.

8 hours ago, TheMachinist said:

Why even rush the QB? Just flood the end zone with all 11 Bills players.

Because if you blitz the QB, he has to throw it before his receivers even reach the end zone.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, LIBills said:

Edmunds is supposed to be good in pass coverage.

If he isn't attacking the QB, why isn't he hanging at the goal line with his 6'5" frame?

Coaching 101, but a lot was done wrong before this play.

McDermott called a timeout ... for that play. Wonder what they talked about.

8 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Because if you blitz the QB, he has to throw it before his receivers even reach the end zone.

McDermott should have had Edmunds hang out at the goal line.

If Edmunds is there, game over. Hopkins ISN'T out jumping Edmunds no matter how great of a player Hopkins is.

McDermott has a 6'5" athlete that he is really trying to fit a square peg into a round hole at times. I don't get it.