Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Legs

Healthy Mitch Morse didn't play against the Cards - because of a "Coaches decision"

McDermott says Morse not playing was a coaching decision.

"Had momentum with group we had in. Wanted to get another week's look at them."  - McDermott

So, the Bills benched their high priced free agent center last week. 

Very interesting.   I guess McDermott thinks Feliciano is playing better center than Morse.   I can't disagree.

Could Morse play Guard?  Would he be better than Ike Boettinger?   I think so...

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

If the Bills release Mitch Morse in February, they will be hit with $5.5 million in dead cap.

If they keep him for the 2021 season, his cap hit is about $11 million.   I think it locks them in for dead cap in 2022 also.  I am not sure.

Either way, they Bills have a decision to make in February regarding Mitch Morse.    The Spain resigning and the big contract for Morse don't look super smart right now.

I called this.

When he got injured 2 weeks ago, our line started performing better.

And last week they played way better.

Without Morse...

The highest paid C in the league.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

3 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

I called this.

Without Morse...

The signing was surprising to many of us.

It appears it didn't work.   The issue was at the time we were still the pre-2019/20 Bills so we had to overpay.

Going forward, I think the McDermott culture and winning attitude will change the perception of potential Free Agents and help a little when competing for FAs.  

In the meantime, DRAFT a stud OLinemen.   Top 3 rounds.   Guard or Center.   Just draft a good one. 

Morse was playing great at the beginning of the year.  He probably liked what he saw from the Pats game running the football without him in, and it didn't carry over at all....11 rushes for 35 yards from our RBs, we fucking suck.  At least Mcdermott admitted it's a major concern.

Dawkins - Ford - Morse - Feliciano - Williams will be our line for the Chargers game.

Well our run game sucks either way so I wouldn't be singing the line's praises just yet. Pass blocking is pretty good though

Maybe it was precautionary. With the bye coming. Why send a recently concussed man out there ? Rest him and when he comes back in 2 weeks vs LA it will have been almost a full month of rest. Makes sense to me. 

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

4 hours ago, Victor7 said:

Well our run game sucks either way so I wouldn't be singing the line's praises just yet. Pass blocking is pretty good though

Maybe it was precautionary. With the bye coming. Why send a recently concussed man out there ? Rest him and when he comes back in 2 weeks vs LA it will have been almost a full month of rest. Makes sense to me. 

Ya that's the sensible thought to the situation, and it's likely the correct one.  After bye week our starting line will be healthy finally and we'll see how mediocre it is or not in run blocking....my guess is still incredibly mediocre. 

Daryl Williams is trash at run blocking despite his positive RT PFF grade, Ford is a disappointment everywhere on the line but at guard I think he can still solidify himself there, but I wouldn't hand him anything next season.  With where we will be drafting next draft, we are in premier offensive guard draft position.  Maybe we don't even re-sign Feliciano?  Would be odd cause I feel like Mcdermott likes him a lot but you never know.  The current OL seems like they are run-blocking on their heels, it's really ugly to watch our average RBs struggle to get consistent yards 

• Thanks 1

McD to Morse:

you suck love on netflix GIF by NETFLIX

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

7 hours ago, Victor7 said:

I don't think it was a "rest"  game for Morse.    I really think McDermott believed Jon Feliciano was going to play better at center than Morse.

We will see where they play Morse after the bye...

1 hour ago, Crazy Legs said:

I don't think it was a "rest"  game for Morse.    I really think McDermott believed Jon Feliciano was going to play better at center than Morse.

We will see where they play Morse after the bye...

Could be. Maybe it was a bit of both. Check them with Feliciano while also giving Morse 2 more weeks off. 

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

On 11/16/2020 at 4:43 PM, LiterateStylish said:

I called this.

Without Morse...

Also remember Mahomes started playing lights out after he left.  Damn what I wouldn't do to trade him for some big fat mean bastard to play NT

1 hour ago, Herodotus said:

Also remember Mahomes started playing lights out after he left.  Damn what I wouldn't do to trade him for some big fat mean bastard to play NT

Kansas City knew something we didn't.....

On 11/16/2020 at 2:43 PM, LiterateStylish said:

I called this.

Without Morse...

You mean when Allen got sacked 7 times?

7 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

You mean when Allen got sacked 7 times?

The majority of those were not on the line.

The Seahawks were sending 8 man blitzes some plays and Josh was not getting it to his hot route.

And sometimes he would audible into a really bad situation.

There is a reason why McD sat Morse AFTER that game.

• Thanks 1

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

11 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

The majority of those were not on the line.

The Seahawks were sending 8 man blitzes some plays and Josh was not getting it to his hot route.

And sometimes he would audible into a really bad situation.

There is a reason why McD sat Morse AFTER that game.

Yeah but many Bills fans want to stick with a guy because he gets paid a lot (Morse).    Or they want Cody Ford to start because "he just needs more reps".

Aaaah, no.  Go with the best 5 Oline right now, no matter what the name is on the back of their jersey.   We are coming down their home stretch for the playoffs. 

Go with the best five guys.  Right now McD may truly believe Feliciano is playing better Center than Morse.   

Unfortunately the difference between our bevy of OLinemen is not slam dunk significant, so it could change from week to week.   I am good with what Coach decides. 

• Thanks 1