Sign in to follow this  
SabresFan220

Sabres sign Jack Quinn to an entry-level contract

OHL: FEB 02 Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds at Ottawa 67’s Photo by Richard A. Whittaker/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images

The Sabres and Quinn agree on an entry-level contract for the 2020 first-round pick

News for the Buffalo Sabres keeps rolling in today. The club announced that they’ve signed 2020 first-round pick Jack Quinn to an entry-level contract. The standard NHL entry-level contract is a three-year deal with a cap hit of $925k. The actual impact on the salary cap can fluctuate, however, depending on the bonuses within the contract.

Quinn will be participating in Hockey Canada’s tryout camp for the World Junior tournament. It’s not going to be an easy squad to make with NHL teams releasing players like Kirby Dach, Quinton Byfield, and Dylan Cozens to play for Canada in the tournament.

It’ll also be interesting to see how the OHL plans to play their 2020-21 season. Last we heard is that there was rumblings of a season that would be played without checking. Which is odd considering the QMJHL and WHL do not have that restriction, but I digress.

We’ll have to see if the Sabres are ok with him playing in that sort of format or push for him to be loaned to a European league. A lot is still up in the air when it comes to how Quinn will start his next season.

View the full article

rangesig_zps4bf1ae5b.jpg

My Adopt A Sabre:Patrick Kaleta

My Adopt a Buffalo Bandit: John Tavares

Get Paid to watch commercials http://www.varolo.com/village/Tjm220