Here's a theory for ya.....Is it me or is AJ Klein playing better and better?  Of course he had the game of his life last week, and yesterday the dude was EVERYWHERE. 

So this has me thinking....is it the system and it took Klein a few weeks of starting time to figure it out? 

I mean, Matt Milano was a freaking 5th round pick from BC. Who saw him being a stud? 

And you could say the same for Poyer and Hyde. They were castoffs, put into our system, and are killing it. 

If this is the case...why waste any more 1st round talent on defense? 

• Thanks 2

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

last time you complained that the D is not performing because we did not invest enough in the D, didnt you?

Proud adopter of #54 AJ Klein and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Ninety-five Percents

Porter was a castoff, Hyde wasn't though. Hyde was just a really talented guy that GB didn't want to pay what he'd make on the open market. 

I don't see Buffalo giving Milano a big contract though. He is good, but can't stay healthy and could get a big deal elsewhere. I think they offer him a one year deal. Klein, it could just be it took time to get used to the system, cause he's been playing his best football the last two games 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

Klein.....big game....again....system? 

I was going to make an AJ Klein thread. I’m glad that you brought this one back because I forgot about it

• Thanks 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

And let’s not forget....LETS NOT forget another point of this thread.....

ED Oliver......

a goon from Cleveland State could do just as well...maybe better.

We could have had AJ Brown instead. 

Imagine that shit? Diggs and AJ Brown together. 

The next few weeks should be interesting in setting up the future of the LB position.

Does Klein continue his solid play, allowing us to not worry about signing Milano to a big contract? Does Milano come back and bring this defense back to 2019 form?

• Thanks 2

On 11/29/2020 at 4:24 PM, seandelevan said:

ED Oliver......

Dude.  Oliver is a good player.  You're right that AJ Brown would be better but Oliver is far above replacement level and interior pass rusher is valuable.  

6 minutes ago, bcw said:

The next few weeks should be interesting in setting up the future of the LB position.

Does Klein continue his solid play, allowing us to not worry about signing Milano to a big contract? Does Milano come back and bring this defense back to 2019 form?

Milano is a really good player.  They should try to resign him.  But if they can't, then they can try to fill the void in the draft.  Despite AJ's play the last few weeks, teams will figure him out again and we could have issues.  

• Thanks 1

Yup I would assume Klein will be back to the bench next week while Milano starts. Wonder how long the rust stays and if it will have a noticeable impact on the defense?

In the games Klein has been good he has been used more rushing the passer and being aggressive. 

Milano is used more in coverage. When Klein is used that way qb's pick on him.

This years front 4 needs the pass rush  help of a blitzing Klein to go along with blitzes from T. Johnson and Poyer.

• Thanks 1

I think its a little of both.

I think its a good scheme and I think milano is better than klein.

• Thanks 1

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

System....When Milano is on the field and 100%, there is no stopping him!

• Thanks 1

ED Oliver......

We could have had Oliver AND DK Metcalf. I couldn’t believe they passed him up in the second round. I thought for sure they would grab that ridiculous steal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

billieve.jpg

ED Oliver......

And Steve Tasker on the One Bills Live radio & TV show Monday was complimentary of ... OLIVER! He better stick to doing West-Herr Auto TV commercials...

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, PatNeiler said:

We could have had Oliver AND DK Metcalf. I couldn’t believe they passed him up in the second round. I thought for sure they would grab that ridiculous steal.

Yeah. Our big need was a big, strong receiver who could win jump-balls and wrestle the ball from DBs...

5 hours ago, jpp said:

System....When Milano is on the field and 100%, there is no stopping him!

I thought it was Milano, but seeing what AJ did the last 3 weeks, it's looking more like System... UNLESS it was a reporter asking AJ about Bills Mafia not quite pleased with his play and it lit a fire under his ass. He said he doesn't pay attention to fan criticism and just plays his game...

56 minutes ago, Coach'sUncle'sSon said:

Yeah. Our big need was a big, strong receiver who could win jump-balls and wrestle the ball from DBs...

If and when the Bills are in similar situations as in...I dunno...the Chargers and Cards were....who on the Bills is getting that ball?

16 hours ago, Coach'sUncle'sSon said:

And Steve Tasker on the One Bills Live radio & TV show Monday was complimentary of ... OLIVER! He better stick to doing West-Herr Auto TV commercials...

I don't go back and watch the game film but in Fairburn's article on the Athletic (pay site that is highly worth it IMO) he claims that other than the two penalties, Oliver had a great game...his best of the season.  

3 hours ago, Buffalo13 said:

I don't go back and watch the game film but in Fairburn's article on the Athletic (pay site that is highly worth it IMO) he claims that other than the two penalties, Oliver had a great game...his best of the season.  

Maybe he’s a player that doesn’t start trying until halfway through the season? I don’t remember his name being called at all until that Dallas game last year. So I dunno...