Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Tony Dungy just ragged on our coaches

Did you guys just see that, on the halftime show?

Dungy showed the All-22 and said we didn’t jam Hopkins to slow him down, or blitz.

We just let them run willy nilly down the field and for the catch.

Said it should have been defended differently. 

• Thanks 1

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

Marvin McDermott i'm telling ya. 

Last week ALOT of talking heads said even after BEATING Seattle were saying shit like "I still can't buy in on the Bills" 

And they see this shit.....

that is why they say it. And they may be right. 

Again, this dude got outcoached by BILL O'BRIEN!!!!!!!

• Barf 1

miserable that 70s show GIF

2 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

knock the ball down with 3 all-pro defenders, it's as simple as that

cant knock down what you cant touch. None of them even had a chance to even touch it. It's like those posters of Dr. J and Jordan dunking on entire teams and saying "why can't one of those guys block him". 

• Thanks 1

McDermott is going to be the new Marty Schottenheimer. Consistently has winning teams but coaches every important game with his hands around his throat.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo13 said:

Dude.  What are you talking about?  

They had our best CB and our best Safety all over the fucking guy.  McDermott can't run on the field and knock the ball away.  What do you want him to do?  It was a freak play and that's that.  What matters is how they respond. 

You should be happy.  Your offense scored 30 in a big game, your QB threw a late TD to take the lead.  Then the defense, which you claim "doesn't matter and that we shouldn't ever draft a guy early" failed to hang on.  You can't have it both ways.  

I am happy. I’m just rationalizing what Dungy is saying. He’s coached in the nfl. After beating Seattle there were MANY “experts” saying the Bills were still a fluke and they will continue to do so tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

I am happy. I’m just rationalizing what Dungy is saying. He’s coached in the nfl. After beating Seattle there were MANY “experts” saying the Bills were still a fluke and they will continue to do so tomorrow. 

And they will still be "experts".

Offense matters.  The offense played well.  The defense gave up a horrible, kick in the dick play but it is what it is.  We are 7-3.  We stole games against the Rams and Pats...we gave this one away.  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

I like dungy but that is complete 20/20 rear view talk. If we jam them at the line and they get behind us, then all you’d hear is “Why were they worried about taking the short pass away when there is only 1 play left.” I get it’s a disagreement of opinion but we had 3 guys around the ball and the best player on the field made a play. Sucks but it is what it is 

No, it’s not.

I was saying it before it happened, in the shoutbox.

Jamming doesn’t mean there isn’t people behind them...

1 hour ago, Buffalo13 said:

Dude.  What are you talking about?  

They had our best CB and our best Safety all over the fucking guy.  McDermott can't run on the field and knock the ball away.  What do you want him to do?  It was a freak play and that's that.  What matters is how they respond. 

You should be happy.  Your offense scored 30 in a big game, your QB threw a late TD to take the lead.  Then the defense, which you claim "doesn't matter and that we shouldn't ever draft a guy early" failed to hang on.  You can't have it both ways.  

I’ll tell you exactly what I wanted them to do.

I wanted them to blitz!!!

30 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

No, it’s not.

I was saying it before it happened, in the shoutbox.

Jamming doesn’t mean there isn’t people behind them...

So you don’t think having our top 3 secondary players around their 1 WR for a jump ball isn’t a good position for the defense??

• Thanks 2

You guys just dont understand it. Thats why McDermott sucks and Bellicheck is the GOAT. It is no secret that Ernie Adams sole job is to sit in the skybox, checking the buffalorange shoutbox and passing down to Bellicheck what Lit just said ... 

• Haha 1

Proud adopter of #16 Robert Foster and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Eightyfive percents

5 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Again, this dude got outcoached by BILL O'BRIEN!!!!!!!

That says it all. O’Brien would have gone down as the worst playoff in history if it wasn’t for the FACT he outcoached McDermott after halftime. Everybody out coaches McDermott after the half. Once again the Bills were dominated in the third quarter.

• Thanks 2

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

8 hours ago, seandelevan said:

cant knock down what you cant touch. None of them even had a chance to even touch it. It's like those posters of Dr. J and Jordan dunking on entire teams and saying "why can't one of those guys block him". 

Jesus Christ even De Andre Hopkins agrees with me!!!!

8 hours ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

So you don’t think having our top 3 secondary players around their 1 WR for a jump ball isn’t a good position for the defense??

It’s a good position.

A better position (and that’s what coaches are supposed to do, put you in the best position possible) is to not let him get into the end zone at all.

A jam at the line plus a blitz and there is no way that play happens.

Literally none.

Maybe 0.000000000000001

8 hours ago, BillsfanincharlotteIsBack said:

Lit is acting like the coaches should be listening to him in the shoutbox...get over it.

That’s the thing. What I’m saying is common football sense. No need to listen to me, just know it!!!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, seandelevan said:

PERFECTLY timed jump by Hopkins.  His hands were above all the Bills trying to knock it down.

Plus the ball had the right amount of arc to come down just like hitting all net from outside the 3 point arc.  

Wouldn't happen again just like that until Doug Flutie's grandson is in the NFL.

• Thanks 1

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

2 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

That’s the thing. What I’m saying is common football sense. No need to listen to me, just know it!!!

I am trying to get over this and you are not helping...as soon as we called timeout I said noooo now they can setup a play.  As soon as I saw our defense I said noo blitz from the outside where Hopkins is to take him out the play and jam the recievers.  I hate to agree with you but I was yelling at the TV.  I never want to say LIT is right as I was yelling the same thing damn damn damn.

• Thanks 1

It was an amazing play.  Hopkins got in the best position and got higher than our guys could reach.  It was Hopkins more than Murray that made that play.  Murray threw it up and Hopkins adjusted to it.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flan said:

It was an amazing play.  Hopkins got in the best position and got higher than our guys could reach.  It was Hopkins more than Murray that made that play.  Murray threw it up and Hopkins adjusted to it.  

And if we had a dedicated DB to blitz Murray...instead of a 300 pound lineman lumbering around after him...he might have been rushed to throw a shitty pass...like you see in MOST hail mary situations..aka ball thrown out the back of the endzone etc. 

• Thanks 1

They played that play almost like they were afraid Murray was gonna run it, I say let him, he wasn't going 40+ yards for a TD.

They should have sent at least one extra guy on a blitz, and if they're gonna call a TO there and play that type of D, at least put a guy like Davis in the secondary. Get the tallest guys out there to knock it down, instead they expect 5'10" guys to leap a guy 3-4" taller.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That ball came in like it was dropped from directly above - fluke.   Hopkins big, strong and positioned directly under it - fluke.  Murray threw that ball as hard and as far as he could which fortunately  came in at a very high angel for Hopkins to grab first using his height advantage -fluke.  Mario Addison #97 fell down :classic_blush: so no more pressure on Murray - not a fluke.  Last TD of the game - fluke.

• Thanks 1

48372057_1969525509802965_4664389317303468032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=8fd3638a10a1407561bc1873032b72c4&oe=5C95B70A