LiterateStylish

Belichick used to send Gronk out on Hail Mary defense

35 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

That contradicts what both Hopkins and Murray said.

Both which said it was a Hail Mary.

I know what THEY said....

I only wrote what their coach, the guy calling the play, told the media afterwards when asked about his thoughts.

The Hail Mary was plan B, if plan A wasn’t there or they felt it was best to take the shot then.  Maybe both players just decided in the huddle to screw plan A...straight to B.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

That’s literally not true.

If Poyer never came, Hopkins still catches that ball.

You really have to see the side angle...I'm sure you have. Poyer came in and pushed White out of the way. With that being said...Hopkins may have caught it anyway. Hopkins had the Hands, Vertical and Height advantage over every defender. McDermott fucked up plain and simple. 100 percent on the coaching staff not practicing this situation or having a formable solution for it. 

2 hours ago, rcas0308 said:

You really have to see the side angle...I'm sure you have. Poyer came in and pushed White out of the way. With that being said...Hopkins may have caught it anyway. Hopkins had the Hands, Vertical and Height advantage over every defender. McDermott fucked up plain and simple. 100 percent on the coaching staff not practicing this situation or having a formable solution for it. 

That’s all there is to it. There is a picture showing Tre before Poyer pushed him, and he is like half a foot below Hopkins.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

White should have reached up with one hand, as you can reach higher, to knock the ball away instead of trying to catch it with two. That's Hail Mary 101.