Jump to content
LiterateStylish

Belichick used to send Gronk out on Hail Mary defense

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Miami miracle wasn’t a Hail Mary.

So I don’t see what relevance it has...

Putting people on the field that are not used to certain situations regardless of athletic or physical abilities does not always work in your favour.

Sorry that had to be manspained to you. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol

 

Another retarded thread from the resident homer/hater

 

If I had told you before the game that with 11 seconds left all Arizona had left was a Hail Mary to a tripple covered Hopkins. And triple covered by our 3 best defenders (White, Poyer and Hyde) every single poster in here would've taken that. 

 

Enough over analyzing. They got incredibly lucky. 99 out of 100 times that play fails. 


Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Buffalochief2 said:

No need to have anyone other then the guys we had out there.  We just need to play the jump ball smarter.  If Poyer hadn’t knocked White out of position he would have freed the ball from Hopkins grip.  Watch the replay, If White is not knocked down by Poyer he jumps straight up and down allowing him to make the game saving play.  

This. 

That's how unlucky it was for us. Lucky for them. Poyer knocked Tre out of position to make a play. 


Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i was shocked when i saw only dbs in the ez

its routine to put taller guys, like a te, in the ez on hm plays. i figured theyd have knox and maybe even edmunds would be back there

it was an obvious mistake. it took some incredible bad luck for the ball to drop EXACTLY onto the spot hopkins was standing but it did, and having a tall guy back there would have changed to outcome

bad mistake, opie

  • Thanks 1

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Bleedzbillz said:

No, but Gronk was on the field for a potential Hail Mary attempt, certainly not for his tackling skills.  They decided to lateral because they were too far away.  It was a mistake to have him out there.

Please do not bring facts and common sense into Lit's hate party. Its not allowed. 

Get in line. McD sucks, Beane sucks. Lit should be GM/Coach !!


Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Meathead said:

i was shocked when i saw only dbs in the ez

its routine to put taller guys, like a te, in the ez on hm plays. i figured theyd have knox and maybe even edmunds would be back there

it was an obvious mistake. it took some incredible bad luck for the ball to drop EXACTLY onto the spot hopkins was standing but it did, and having a tall guy back there would have changed to outcome

bad mistake, opie

We don't really have a lot of tall receivers. Kroft is tall but he was out. I mean maybe Davis. But I guarantee you that if they score Lit makes a thread about how incredibly retarded it was to have a rookie WR out there. Guaran fucking teed. 

It was luck bro That's it. Poyer, Hyde and White ?? Give me that all day every day. Football gods fucked us. We just better hope they have something to make it up in the future. 


Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Bleedzbillz said:

Putting people on the field that are not used to certain situations regardless of athletic or physical abilities does not always work in your favour.

Sorry that had to be manspained to you. 

Lit: We could have put a taller person in the endzone to bat down balls. Like the GOAT does on Hail Mary's.

Bleedzbillz: Remember that one time that wasn't a Hail Mary that one thing happened?

Lit: Were talking about Hail Mary's

Bleedzbillz: Yeah, but remember that one time that wasn't a hail mary?

 

Ok then....


96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Meathead said:

i was shocked when i saw only dbs in the ez

its routine to put taller guys, like a te, in the ez on hm plays. i figured theyd have knox and maybe even edmunds would be back there

it was an obvious mistake. it took some incredible bad luck for the ball to drop EXACTLY onto the spot hopkins was standing but it did, and having a tall guy back there would have changed to outcome

bad mistake, opie

Agreed.

This isn't some groundbreaking idea.

Coaches around the NFL do this all the time.

If I remember right, they use to put Randy Moss on defense too for Hail Mary's.


96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Victor7 said:

Please do not bring facts and common sense into Lit's hate party. Its not allowed. 

Get in line. McD sucks, Beane sucks. Lit should be GM/Coach !!

McD doesn't suck.

He's quite good.

His timeout decisions leave a lot to be desired though.


96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Victor7 said:

This. 

That's how unlucky it was for us. Lucky for them. Poyer knocked Tre out of position to make a play. 

Not true.

Even if Poyer never came, Tre is not getting that ball. His hands were a full 2 inches under Hopkins before that hit ever happened.


96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Lit: We could have put a taller person in the endzone to bat down balls. Like the GOAT does on Hail Mary's.

Bleedzbillz: Remember that one time that wasn't a Hail Mary that one thing happened?

Lit: Were talking about Hail Mary's

Bleedzbillz: Yeah, but remember that one time that wasn't a hail mary?

Ok then....

You keep saying it wasn't a hail mary. But that's exactly why Gronk was there. Miami just ran a different play. And Gronk's presence cost them dearly. I know it hurts your argument. But its the perfect counter towards the point you are making. 

  • Thanks 1

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Not true.

Even if Poyer never came, Tre is not getting that ball. His hands were a full 2 inches under Hopkins before that hit ever happened.

Not the ball. But for sure Nuke's arms and he has a pretty decent shot at causing an incomplete. 


Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Victor7 said:

Not the ball. But for sure Nuke's arms and he has a pretty decent shot at causing an incomplete. 

Exactly.

Tre had his hands where they would have gone between the ball and Hops body, as Tre had momentum carrying him into Hops body.  Poyer knocked him away from being able to do that.  Poyer would have been better off being a touch late and pounding Hops ribs and ripping arms down.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

Agreed.

This isn't some groundbreaking idea.

Coaches around the NFL do this all the time.

If I remember right, they use to put Randy Moss on defense too for Hail Mary's.

Kingsbury even said the primary look was to Isabella for 20yrds closer....w 11 secs left.....

It was Kyler’s option to go to Hop if he thought he had a shot.  Once he was forced left, that became the primary play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Victor7 said:

We don't really have a lot of tall receivers. Kroft is tall but he was out. I mean maybe Davis. But I guarantee you that if they score Lit makes a thread about how incredibly retarded it was to have a rookie WR out there. Guaran fucking teed. 

It was luck bro That's it. Poyer, Hyde and White ?? Give me that all day every day. Football gods fucked us. We just better hope they have something to make it up in the future. 

yeah it was luck, but it was preventable luck

you send edmunds back there and it would be virtually impossible for him to catch that ball. edmunds could even reach over guys to swat that away or impede the catch

poorly played by opie and the st coach. im sure they learned their lesson and we'll see a different set of guys back there next time

too bad it cost us the game. that could end up determining whether we win the division, or are in the playoffs at all

  • Thanks 1

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Not true.

Even if Poyer never came, Tre is not getting that ball. His hands were a full 2 inches under Hopkins before that hit ever happened.

If none of the dbs were in a position to make a play on the ball then at very least one of them should have fouled the shit out hopkins by tackling him anything other than letting him go up a get it.  Yes they would've got the ball on the one yard line and prolly won anyway but we would not have lost that way.  Foul him and play another down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2020 at 9:43 PM, LiterateStylish said:

Huh? Tre was right there. Just doesn’t have the height.

Not to mention Poyer with a weak 30' vertical came in and bumped into white and took him out of the play. If they had a tall receiver like Gabe Davis in there for this situation it would have been game over, Bills win. I blame McDermott for this loss and having Smurf's in there at the end. Fuck even Worley would have sealed it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Meathead said:

yeah it was luck, but it was preventable luck

you send edmunds back there and it would be virtually impossible for him to catch that ball. edmunds could even reach over guys to swat that away or impede the catch

poorly played by opie and the st coach. im sure they learned their lesson and we'll see a different set of guys back there next time

too bad it cost us the game. that could end up determining whether we win the division, or are in the playoffs at all

100 percent on Edmunds! The coaching staff had every player who was short with a weak vertical there with the exception of Hyde. Why was Hyde behind Hopkins?? He was the one player that should have been in front of him with his hops. Complete negligence of situational football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rcas0308 said:

Not to mention Poyer with a weak 30' vertical came in and bumped into white and took him out of the play. If they had a tall receiver like Gabe Davis in there for this situation it would have been game over, Bills win. I blame McDermott for this loss and having Smurf's in there at the end. Fuck even Worley would have sealed it. 

Agreed.

If Gabe is there, games over. 

He’d simply swat the ball into the stands.


96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Down and Out said:

If none of the dbs were in a position to make a play on the ball then at very least one of them should have fouled the shit out hopkins by tackling him anything other than letting him go up a get it.  Yes they would've got the ball on the one yard line and prolly won anyway but we would not have lost that way.  Foul him and play another down.

They were in position.

They just didn’t have Hopkins wingspan / height.


96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bleedzbillz said:

Kingsbury even said the primary look was to Isabella for 20yrds closer....w 11 secs left.....

It was Kyler’s option to go to Hop if he thought he had a shot.  Once he was forced left, that became the primary play.

That contradicts what both Hopkins and Murray said.

Both which said it was a Hail Mary.


96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bleedzbillz said:

Exactly.

Tre had his hands where they would have gone between the ball and Hops body, as Tre had momentum carrying him into Hops body.  Poyer knocked him away from being able to do that.  Poyer would have been better off being a touch late and pounding Hops ribs and ripping arms down.

That’s literally not true.

If Poyer never came, Hopkins still catches that ball.


96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Victor7 said:

You keep saying it wasn't a hail mary. But that's exactly why Gronk was there. Miami just ran a different play. And Gronk's presence cost them dearly. I know it hurts your argument. But its the perfect counter towards the point you are making. 

It wasn’t a Hail Mary lol.

It never was going to be. 

They were 70 yards from the end zone.

I do agree that Gronk should not have been on the field for that NON Hail Mary.


96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

It wasn’t a Hail Mary lol.

It never was going to be. 

They were 70 yards from the end zone.

I do agree that Gronk should not have been on the field for that NON Hail Mary.

Then why did your hero, GOAT, everything put him out there in the 1st place ?


Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

That’s literally not true.

If Poyer never came, Hopkins still catches that ball.

Nope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...