Sign in to follow this  
Laughing Coffin

Were most of you this involved in political bullshit pre-trump?

I was discussing with a business client today on the phone, it's so odd what has happened and how polarized most people are politically....I feel like a lot of people have come out of the woodwork and have completely centered their identity around being hardcore pro or anti trump.  It's just really fucking weird and embarrassing to be honest.

So my question is simple, were you this involved in the day to day, political comings and goings of Washington 6-8+ years ago?

7 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

I was discussing with a business client today on the phone, it's so odd what has happened and how polarized most people are politically....I feel like a lot of people have come out of the woodwork and have completely centered their identity around being hardcore pro or anti trump.  It's just really fucking weird and embarrassing to be honest.

So my question is simple, were you this involved in the day to day, political comings and goings of Washington 6-8+ years ago?

I wasn’t, as I was still working. But I remember people going at each other pretty hard in the old PRS (politics, sex and religion) sub-forum. But it wasn’t really necessarily focused so much on who was president, it was more of a conservative vs. liberal, or democratic vs. republican kind of thing. That’s what I remember.

Since then social media and the MSM not hiding their bias anymore have have really stoked the fire. Like Daryl says, “BUCKLE UP!”

it’s only going to get worse.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, jc856 said:

I wasn’t, as I was still working. But I remember people going at each other pretty hard in the old PRS (politics, sex and religion) sub-forum. But it wasn’t really necessarily focused so much on who was president, it was more of a conservative vs. liberal, or democratic vs. republican kind of thing. That’s what I remember.

Since then social media and the MSM not hiding their bias anymore have have really stoked the fire. Like Daryl says, “BUCKLE UP!”

it’s only going to get worse.

Buckle yer chin straps.  Bring it on.  Why not?  Let's do it. :clapper:

• Like 1

Not as involved as I am now but always informed and looking towards alt media for the real scoop.

• Like 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

I didn't care about politics until around 2012 when the lid was blown off of Benghazi.  That shit was on TV 24/7. Hillary, Obama, Susan Rice were rotating on and off the screen at all times.  I just happened to be preparing for a deployment and seeing that clusterfuck really brought me back to reality.  From that point forward I started paying more attention to politics and started noticing how it effected my life.  :niterider:

2012 was also around the time I got into social media and I noticed throughout the years that politics got to the point that it was inescapable on the various platforms. Every time I logged on I knew I was going to be drinking politics from a fire hose whether I wanted to or not.  If you're connected to social media it is nearly impossible to not be informed(or misinformed) about politics.  :niterider:

I do find it to be annoying when people make politics are part of their identity.  When I interact with the younger folks I always try to encourage them to chill out on that stuff and think for themselves.  We're quickly moving toward a point where everybody thinks the same way and that's kind of scary.  :niterider:

• Like 2

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

I've always had an opinion and kept up on things enough to feel as though I was making an informed decision.

Lockdowns and extra time to research, along with the current craziness led me to seeing this election as more than just a typical one, and that this country is gonna go one way or another (good or bad) very quickly depending on who gets elected. 

• Like 1

yeah, like we dont know that answer already

trump is a dangerous cult of personality and anyone that follows his lead is a fool

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Finger 1
  • Gay 1
  • Trump 1
  • Barf 1

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

3 hours ago, Meathead said:

trump is a dangerous cult of personality and anyone that follows his lead is a fool

Sorry, I had to barf you on this one.  There are many reasons why people supported Trump.

To paint half the population with the broad brush of being fools - what can I say?

I try to remember this - no matter who you are, if you meet up with three strangers chances are that two of them voted for the other guy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Barf 1

8 hours ago, Meathead said:

Dumb

12 hours ago, Meathead said:

You mean half the country? Because some believe your side of the political spectrum is ok with looting and rioting. and big government. And the right protecting our borders, and defending our troops? People have damn good reason to vote republican, if you think I’m a fool for that then you can kiss my ass.

there it is again

so bc i criticize a man with shit for brains that happens to be a republican, the democrats are then automatically "my side"

there are plenty of areas i agree with a conservative worldview, including supporting the wall, more aggressive prevention and punishment for looting, insisting on full compliance with lawful orders from police, aggressive trade demands and concessions from china, among others

i call myself a radical independant bc i want nothing to do with either political party cult and aggressively seek to find sensible positions somewhere near the middle bc thats where wisdom resides

im going to have to come up with something to say every time someone does that to me. maybe ill just start calling you partisan retards bc thats how youre thinking and acting when people pull that annoying bullshit

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

7 minutes ago, Meathead said:

there it is again

so bc i criticize a man with shit for brains that happens to be a republican, the democrats are then automatically "my side"

there are plenty of areas i agree with a conservative worldview, including supporting the wall, more aggressive prevention and punishment for looting, insisting on full compliance with lawful orders from police, aggressive trade demands and concessions from china, among others

i call myself a radical independant bc i want nothing to do with either political party cult and aggressively seek to find sensible positions somewhere near the middle bc thats where wisdom resides

im going to have to come up with something to say every time someone does that to me. maybe ill just start calling you partisan retards bc thats how youre thinking and acting when people pull that annoying bullshit

Who are some politicians you admire?  Which ones would you support running for President?

Honestly, I didn't give a FLYING FUCK about politics pre-Trump.

Trump's brash personality and world wide name made politics fun to keep up to date on.

But if/when Biden becomes President...........

politics is an utter bore and you probably won't see me comment on politics again. 

If you like Biden or not, we all can admit that he is an absolute snore and a Crypt Keeper.

Must watch political TV will become must miss political TV.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LIBills said:

Trump's brash personality and world wide name made politics fun to keep up to date on.

politics is an utter bore and you probably won't see me comment on politics again. 

If you like Biden or not, we all can admit that he is an absolute snore and a Crypt Keeper.

LOL

While millions of people don't have jobs, have caught covid, can't afford medical debt/insurance, cant pay student loans or rent, you're worried about how boring politics will get.

This is the level of detachment from reality that proves we should never take anything you say seriously because you're a fucking clown.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

19 minutes ago, LIBills said:

The problem is I don't trust Biden or ANY of his crew/puppet masters.  Pure corruption.

10 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

LOL

While millions of people don't have jobs, have caught covid, can't afford medical debt/insurance, cant pay student loans or rent, you're worried about how boring politics will get.

This is the level of detachment from reality that proves we should never take anything you say seriously because you're a fucking clown.

Fuck you, igno.  Dumbass.  Go blame Trump for your excessive waistline.

3 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Fuck you, igno.  Dumbass.  Go blame Trump for your excessive waistline.

WTF are you talking about?

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

1 minute ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

WTF are you talking about?

You blame our President for everything else in this life, might as well put that on him too.  LOL

4 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

You blame our President for everything else in this life, might as well put that on him too.  LOL

Ahh...so something completely irrelevant, as usual.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

I believe in less government and less taxes. The excessive growth of government year after year has me alarmed. It seems every other day someone comes up with a new "right" that government(the taxpayers) must pay for. Where is the reward in hard work, perseverance and innovation when the government is just going to yank it away and hand it to someone else in the name of "fairness"?

• Like 1

Just now, Crinoline said:

I believe in less government and less taxes. The excessive growth of government year after year has me alarmed. It seems every other day someone comes up with a new "right" that government(the taxpayers) must pay for. Where is the reward in hard work, perseverance and innovation when the government is just going to yank it away and hand it to someone else in the name of "fairness"?

So you're against large goverment but youre okay with corporations owning and influencing everything including the goverment?

Makes perfect sense.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

1 minute ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

So you're against large goverment but youre okay with corporations owning and influencing everything including the goverment?

Makes perfect sense.

Huh?  Geez, guy.  Spell better too please.

3 hours ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

LOL

I gave my opinion on the subject title question, you fucking insane asylum patient.

The question had NOTHING to do with millions of people being out of work.

The question had NOTHING to do with people having caught covid.

The question had NOTHING to do with people not being able to afford medical debt/insurance or paying back student loans.

It was a simple question in politics pre-Trump.

Geez, get your head out of your ass for once.

You are off the deep end with you hate, just like Hip, just like Frawk, just like Meat.........

so get the fuck out of my face with your pandering.