LiterateStylish

I think Junglesouljah might be racist

Yes, I am familiar with the dark history of enslavement...and you have it backwards, the etymology of the word "slave" came from "Slav".

Actually, I don't have it backwards. The word slave first appears in English around 1290, spelled sclave. The spelling is based on Old French esclave from Medieval Latin sclavus, “Slav, slave,” first recorded around 800. Sclavus comes from Byzantine Greek sklabos (pronounced sklävs) “Slav,” which appears around 580. Sklavos approximates the Slavs' own name for themselves.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/slave

Therefore slave comes from slavs. The Israelites were just that, Israelites, and not identified as "slaves". Thank Cecil B. DeMille for the confusion.

the etymology of the word "slave" came from "Slav".

and that is significant because ...

i mean youre not really going to try the 'they started it' argument are you

SJ, you realize that you're insane, right?

yes but its mostly the good insane not the bad insane

like the crazy neighbor who wears flip flops in winter and tie dyes his underwear, not the uncle who stockpiles thousands of rounds of ammunition and subscribes to militia today magazine

Yeah, you are right Meat. But i didnt know what ethnicity Jungle was nor do i care. But i try my hardest not to group people together and see each as an individual. But cant stand Obama whatever color he is. We should just ship some of our nukes right to Iran.

We basically have to Israel, which is the only country in the region to have ANY. 250-400 at that, including neutron bombs, and they are the only country to refuse to participate in the nuclear non-proliferation treaty.

As for the mockery of Iran, which sickens me, it mostly comes from one quote...which was one of the biggest misquotes in history(similar to JFK's misspeak in Berlin) http://www.mohammadmossadegh.com/news/rumor-of-the-century/ (Old news for anyone who studies, but I keep hearing people perpetuate this myth. His country has a thriving jewish population). Same crap with Putin. When you put 2 and 2 together and remember who owns the media and what their objectives are,it becomes very easy to see hwat is happening and you'll be pissed off how oblivious others choose to remain as our country is sunk further into debt due to these wars, and we watch as the last portions of our constitution go up in smoke. Anyhow, I'm glad at least some truth was printed due to Lit's unbridled hatred.

well its not just him. theres a lot of ppl currently making that mistake and its got to stop. its causing a lot of disharmony and destruction on the issue of race in this country

what troubles me most is that we dont seem to be able to learn simple lessons on race. we witnessed first hand the horrible mistakes that whiteness made, first with physical slavery and then with institutional slavery (the 2/3 of a person utter nonsense). and yet now we are turning right around and implementing a form of social slavery where blacks can say just about anything they want about whites, but even the mildest criticism of blackness gets you labeled a racist (if youre white) or not black enough (if youre black)

its utterly crazy. like a big fucked up cycle of interpersonal destruction we cant get out of

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: People are always mixing up color with culture.

A few past posters here have leveled this accusation at me. It is preposterous. I hate punks and thugs. Punks and thugs are not a race. (BTW, I was Senior Class President at Booker T Washington High School, which means exactly what it sounds like it does).

People who are not racist judge others, regardless of their skin color, on a case by case basis. People who ARE racist, judge people in the exact opposite way the MLK dreamed of--by the color of their skin, rather than the content of their character.

I hated the game of one Bills player, Trent Edwards, more than that of any Bill ever. I think Fred Jackson is the classiest Bill ever, and if I was to pick one Bills players to cite as an example for kids to aspire to, it would be Fred.

I have jungle on ignore, because he is a sycophant for players who suck. I don't know if he's a racist, but it certainly does seem that 100% of the players that he's an apologist for share a certain characteristic, and 100% of the players he dogs also share a certain characteristic. Maybe that's a coincidence. I don't know, but I do know that it's annoying as fuck.

I totally agree with Meathead (never thought I'd type that sentence). Black people, as a culture, are far, far more racist than white people in this day and age. And it's not even close. There's a culture that raises young black people to blame white people for every problem that have, and political correctness bolsters and enables that culture.

very dangerous idea here that is hardly even relevant today. maybe forty years ago this would have some relevance but this is a different era. seems like you are splitting hairs for very little benefit and potentially great damage. i would abandon this line of thought and focus on what matters today

at its peak i would say 75% of whites were moderately to severely racist sometime around 1970, i would put that figure at about 35% today

comparatively, i would say blacks are probably 70% moderately or severely racist today. thats a big problem bc our culture has ceded the definition of racism to blacks who have done what humans have always done when they get too much control over somebody else, theyve used it to screw over the 'opponent', in this case whitey. and whites in general are so clueless and still filled with guilt over their past mistakes they just go along with it. thats what i mean by social slavery

if you dont agree, tell me why does alvin holmes still have a job? he said some of the most blatantly racist things ive ever seen in my life and absolutely nothing happened to him. meanwhile, some fat white bitch who cooks unhealthy food on tv and an old white wrestler lose their entire careers for using the n-word twenty years ago! we even took an entire basketball team away from a dumb old cracker after he was secretly recorded asking his hispanic/asian/something girlfriend why she has to hang out with so many black guys!

why does a black writer on the jon stewart show ONLY have a problem with stewart doing a black voice (herman cain), when LITERALLY SECONDS before that he just did a stereotypical white voice and disparaged rednecks? its bc of that horrible idea that racism requires power and thus leaves blacks thinking racism is only a white problem. this is a horrible double standard that CANNOT do anything but hurt the black/white relationship

you cant have different rules between siblings, it ALWAYS leads to trouble in the relationship. and of course thats what we see right now

we desperately need to fix this. one set of rules for all in the beloved community

Obviously this is your opinion and the anecdotal evidence you provide speaks of a certain laziness when it comes to the complexities of the legacy of institutional racism. Your argument is further tarnished by assigning racist percentages out of ether. Where do you get these numbers from? Oh, that's right, it's your opinion. Yet YOUR opinion is the correct one and YOU have the numbers to back it up. You call my beliefs dangerous and yet find no fault with your own sophomoric,superficial masturbations on the very same subject.

I totally agree with Meathead (never thought I'd type that sentence).

its now officially a pattern. i recommend tequila to dull the pain lol

Obviously this is your opinion and the anecdotal evidence you provide speaks of a certain laziness when it comes to the complexities of the legacy of institutional racism. Your argument is further tarnished by assigning racist percentages out of ether. Where do you get these numbers from? Oh, that's right, it's your opinion. Yet YOUR opinion is the correct one and YOU have the numbers to back it up. You call my beliefs dangerous and yet find no fault with your own sophomoric,superficial masturbations on the very same subject.

ty for your feedback. but ive had this same conversation enough times over the years to know we are unlikely to find common ground

go in peace but i dont see much benefit in continuing down this road

You just got into a debate with the wrong person.

Biscuit is the only person I've met online, other than Shiva, that I wouldn't debate.

He's going to shred you like a pulled pork sandwich.

Thanks for the heads up, sweetie:

The derivation of the word slave encapsulates a bit of European history and explains why the two words slaves and Slavs are so similar; they are, in fact, historically identical. The word slave first appears in English around 1290, spelled sclave. The spelling is based on Old French esclave from Medieval Latin sclavus, “Slav, slave,” first recorded around 800. Sclavus comes from Byzantine Greek sklabos (pronounced sklävs) “Slav,” which appears around 580. Sklavos approximates the Slavs' own name for themselves, the Slovnci, surviving in English Slovene and Slovenian. The spelling of English slave, closer to its original Slavic form, first appears in English in 1538. Slavs became slaves around the beginning of the ninth century when the Holy Roman Empire tried to stabilize a German-Slav frontier.

Actually, I don't have it backwards. The word slave first appears in English around 1290, spelled sclave. The spelling is based on Old French esclave from Medieval Latin sclavus, “Slav, slave,” first recorded around 800. Sclavus comes from Byzantine Greek sklabos (pronounced sklävs) “Slav,” which appears around 580. Sklavos approximates the Slavs' own name for themselves.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/slave

Therefore slave comes from slavs. The Israelites were just that, Israelites, and not identified as "slaves". Thank Cecil B. DeMille for the confusion.

I am basing my reply on what you wrote in post #53

"Slavs, or people of slavic descent, who are white Eastern Europeans, are named slavs because they were slaves"

and that is significant because ...

i mean youre not really going to try the 'they started it' argument are you

because it was misstated.

I am basing my reply on what you wrote in post #53

"Slavs, or people of slavic descent, who are white Eastern Europeans, are named slavs because they were slaves"

I didn't have anything backwards. You cherry picked that post. My conclusion in that post was clearly "Slave is rooted from the word Slav, as in Slavic people."

yes but its mostly the good insane not the bad insane

like the crazy neighbor who wears flip flops in winter and tie dyes his underwear, not the uncle who stockpiles thousands of rounds of ammunition and subscribes to militia today magazine

I was thinking about it the other night and wondered if one might prosper as to being able to see through the lies if they had what we normally label as "defects", whether they be temporary or permanent injuries/disabilities. If you remember the allegory in the Matrix or They Live, these "defects" (personality disorders, a hit of acid, shrooms, salvia, DXM, DMT, head injuries, fasting, sweat lodges, etc, etc, etc) may help expand your perspective. Of course that isn't a guarantee. Any of these, including TBI or "disorders", can be neutral tools used for any purpose. It depends on the mind/mindset of those whom they are given to.

As for questions about jews, I never had any in real life either, Meat. I can even say I've dated some jewish girls. Many upstate universities gave us the opportunity to suddenly have many to get to know. My issue is with the elite among them who drive policy, especially the BANKERS(stemming from the Rothschild dynasty, [wow, the Range wouldn't let me misspell that name!] whom some say own about half the world's wealth). These bankers, who Andrew Jackson called a "den of vipers", tried to kill him. The last 2 Presidents who wanted to end the "Federal" Reserve(and the brother of one of them), had assassination attempts on their lives). I could go on as long as I thought even a single person(other than possibly the NSA ...lol, just kidding) might read, but I think I've clarified my point to you and mshaefer, and hopefully everyone who had the gumption to read. I'm not about to have Abe Foxman label me as anti-semetic.

Speaking of anti-semitism, Israel in it's brutal apartheid, is the biggest anti-Semitic nation on earth. Palestinians are semites also, and being 90% of current "jews" are of khazar origin whom converted under the order of a dictator in central asia in 700ad, the Palestinians whom the UN threw under the bus, are more semitic than the jews.

"Haven't you heard it's a battle of WORDS, the poster-bearer cried? Listen son, said the man with the gun, there's room for you inside". And although I wish I had access to the things you mention Meat, I give you my word that I have not consumed a calorie no smoked anything today. One love, for all of humanity. There was a reason the legendary Roger Waters of Pink Floyd wrote an open letter to Neil Young, and got him to cancel is concert in Tel Aviv!!!! The man is his bandmates were/are heroes of mine. Making real change and a statement. Major props to Neil Young for complying! One of the more beautiful songs of peace and brotherhood written:

You cherry picked that post. My conclusion in that post was clearly "Slave is rooted from the word Slav, as in Slavic people."

Yes, I cherry picked a confusing argument for clarification.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: People are always mixing up color with culture.

A few past posters here have leveled this accusation at me. It is preposterous. I hate punks and thugs. Punks and thugs are not a race. (BTW, I was Senior Class President at Booker T Washington High School, which means exactly what it sounds like it does).

People who are not racist judge others, regardless of their skin color, on a case by case basis. People who ARE racist, judge people in the exact opposite way the MLK dreamed of--by the color of their skin, rather than the content of their character.

I hated the game of one Bills player, Trent Edwards, more than that of any Bill ever. I think Fred Jackson is the classiest Bill ever, and if I was to pick one Bills players to cite as an example for kids to aspire to, it would be Fred.

I have jungle on ignore, because he is a sycophant for players who suck. I don't know if he's a racist, but it certainly does seem that 100% of the players that he's an apologist for share a certain characteristic, and 100% of the players he dogs also share a certain characteristic. Maybe that's a coincidence. I don't know, but I do know that it's annoying as fuck.

I totally agree with Meathead (never thought I'd type that sentence). Black people, as a culture, are far, far more racist than white people in this day and age. And it's not even close. There's a culture that raises young black people to blame white people for every problem that have, and political correctness bolsters and enables that culture.

Just extending an olive branch as a fellow die-hard Bills fan here. I actually agree with everything you said. While I admittedly might be prejudiced(and most of us are to whatever extent, it'd seem to be a survival mechanism) by not wanting to walk through a black neighborhood at night, or thinking any individual might be more likely to be a certain way than any other stranger based on what my senses can perceive, it isn't something to be apologized for.

I'm grateful you brought up the culture part, which I believe has little to do with these folks' past cultures. Thug culture in the inner city and now elsewhere effects people of all races. People often imitate, so if folks wanted to address this problem they would do well to look at the root of it.

I really thought you were a cool dude who loved humanity and "got it", but for whatever reason you seem to have an agenda which involves ongoing propaganda and I'll even side up with people who normally may not like me to put a stop to it.

You speak of "institutional racism". I ask you to name me some examples. Please, it's killing me over here.

How about I name you some real and current ones? In Constituational law class, I learned straight, white, non-disabled males are the ONLY non-protected class without special rights and laws written to prop them up on the playing field. That in and of itself is institutional racism. Possibly the easiest and most concrete form(vs the imaginary you speak of) of institutional racism to point out is affirmative action.

And the people behind the direction of our laws are not "white". They are the same lineage that were behind the Bolshevik revolution, whom the "white Russians" fought to try to save their country. Yes, they made up almost all of the first Bolshevik congress. And you wonder why I take issue? Now you know. For me this isn't a petty argument and flexing nuts like it is with some of these other guys, it's something far more important from one who understands our country and media are no longer "free".

You speak of "institutional racism". I ask you to name me some examples. Please, it's killing me over here.

its an old argument that certainly had enormous validity at one point, but that point is literally thirty years in the past

thats the problem, too many of our black brothers and sisters are simply living in that past. and its certainly not just blacks, it has managed to infect a very large element of our whiteness that continually enables and provides cover for it too

i understand why blacks and even whites want to press those issues, bc they dont want us going back to when whitey was absolutely BRUTAL. i definitely dont either, i lived through that, protested the whole time, and never got listened to. but thats not going to happen, we are NOT going back there, whitey has largely made the transformation, thank god. it took WAAAAY the fuck too long but at least its finally happened

now we have to turn our attention to the two biggest race related problems we have TODAY:

1) a sub-culture of black violence infesting our blackness

2) black racism

at this point the diseased mind with actually ADD stuff to what i just said, most commonly 'so youre saying all blacks are violent'. oh hell the fk no, i didnt say that, YOU did, and i want nothing to do with what you just added in there

what i said was that our blackness is infested with a violent sub-culture, the biggest victims who are of course black themselves. as the heart breaking statistics clearly tell us, despite representing just 15% of the population, blacks STILL account for 50% of all violent crimes and murders in america (!!). and most of that is against other blacks - the black murder rate in america is similar to that in war zones around the world (!!!)

these are HUGE problems that we as a general culture are just simply ignoring. its a collective disease of the mind that at some point we have to address aggressively

sorry embedding disabled but very worth a look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAcwzrwsEnc

Too racist and disgusting to even finish. If the thread title didnt remind you, we have someone who may be Muslim reading it.

One of the most stupid parts was the teacher(mackey or whatever? what a dick, not as cool as Van Driessen on Beavis and Butthead) trying to mock Muslims, but everything he said up to when I closed the tab was true for Christianity. Hopefully you can tell me these assfaces redeemed themselves later, and hopefully not just by mocking Christianity as well. They already have us both killing each other to do their dirty work in the middle east, and it sickens me to see it here at home too.

I'd say more but you really got to see it for yourself, as illustrated in the movie "Inception", or as mentioned by Morpheus in "The Matrix". Nothing personal Meat, I've seen a bit of SP and actually enjoyed it, but I don't like the race baiting even if they claim to mock everyone. That doesn't mean anything. Having honest mockery, regardless if equal, is what is more honorable.

I really thought you were a cool dude who loved humanity and "got it", but for whatever reason you seem to have an agenda which involves ongoing propaganda and I'll even side up with people who normally may not like me to put a stop to it.

as hard as it is, we need to try to remain patient with those ppl. i know it can be excruciatingly difficult, and i have often succumbed to telling them to go fk themselves, but you just have to keep chipping away until logic and reason eventually take hold. eventually. hell ive been hacking at that rock over at the zone for fifteen years or whatever and those ppl are STILL fucking clueless. but i have faith that they, like the white racists i battled with since i was around nine years old, will EVENTUALLY come around. and they will bc their position is ultimately indefensible

its a very virulent disease thats going to take extreme perseverance to overcome. its why i keep referring to the beloved community, a beautiful and realistic goal championed by the greatest prophet of our time. our extreme dysfunction killed that motherfkr, but he knew it was coming and let it happen bc he loved us. i for one will never let his death happen in vain

Too racist and disgusting to even finish. If the thread title didnt remind you, we have someone who may be Muslim reading it.

One of the most stupid parts was the teacher(mackey or whatever? what a dick, not as cool as Van Driessen on Beavis and Butthead) trying to mock Muslims, but everything he said up to when I closed the tab was true for Christianity. Hopefully you can tell me these assfaces redeemed themselves later, and hopefully not just by mocking Christianity as well. They already have us both killing each other to do their dirty work in the middle east, and it sickens me to see it here at home too.

I'd say more but you really got to see it for yourself, as illustrated in the movie "Inception", or as mentioned by Morpheus in "The Matrix". Nothing personal Meat, I've seen a bit of SP and actually enjoyed it, but I don't like the race baiting even if they claim to mock everyone. That doesn't mean anything. Having honest mockery, regardless if equal, is what is more honorable.

ok. i dont agree right now but i respect you enough to consider it a possible place i could move to in the future. i feel like they were representing extremist islam, NOT the bulk of good that is the reality in most of islam

my chronic illness prevents me from focusing on everything but if i remember i will try to review some of these references eventually

How about I name you some real and current ones? In Constituational law class, I learned straight, white, non-disabled males are the ONLY non-protected class without special rights and laws written to prop them up on the playing field. That in and of itself is institutional racism. Possibly the easiest and most concrete form(vs the imaginary you speak of) of institutional racism to point out is affirmative action.

And the people behind the direction of our laws are not "white". They are the same lineage that were behind the Bolshevik revolution, whom the "white Russians" fought to try to save their country. Yes, they made up almost all of the first Bolshevik congress. And you wonder why I take issue? Now you know. For me this isn't a petty argument and flexing nuts like it is with some of these other guys, it's something far more important from one who understands our country and media are no longer "free".

Your professor in constitutional law class didnt do a very good job of explaining affirmative action. But that's okay. Let's drag out that statute anyway and erect it for all to see as EXHIBIT A for the case against the plight of the white man.

As for examples of institutional racism, I present a few that are easily fact checked:

Let’s start with pre-school. Black pre-schoolers are far more likely to be suspended than white children. Black children make up 18 percent of the pre-school population, but represent almost half of all out-of-school suspensions. Once you get to K-12, black children are three times more likely to be suspended than white children. Black students make up almost 40 percent of all school expulsions, and more than two thirds of students referred to police from schools are either black or Hispanic, says the Department of Education. Even disabled black children suffer from institutional racism. About a fifth of disabled children are black – yet they account for 44 and 42 percent of disabled students put in mechanical restraints or placed in seclusion. When juveniles hit the court system, it discriminates against blacks as well. Black children are 18 times more likely to be sentenced as adults than white children, and make up nearly 60 percent of children in prisons, according to the American Psychological Association. Black juvenile offenders are much more likely to be viewed as adults in juvenile detention proceedings than their white counterparts. In the workplace, black college graduates are twice as likely as whites to struggle to find jobs - the jobless rate for blacks has been double that of whites for decades. A study even found that people with “black-sounding names” had to send out 50 percent more job applications than people with “white-sounding names” just to get a call back. And it gets worse the higher up the pay scale you go. For every $10,000 increase in pay, blacks’ percentages of holding that job falls by 7 percent compared to whites. The disparities exist in neighborhoods and communities as well. About 73 percent of whites own homes, compared to just 43 percent of blacks. The gap between median household income for whites (about $91,000) compared to blacks (about $7,000) is staggering, and that gap has tripled in just the past 25 years. The median net worth of white families is about $265,000, while it was just $28,500 for blacks. A black man is three times more likely to be searched at a traffic stop, and six times more likely to go jail than a white person. Blacks aren’t pulled over (and subsequently jailed) more frequently because they’re more prone to criminal behavior. They’re pulled over much more frequently because there is an “implicit racial association of black Americans with dangerous or aggressive behavior,” the Sentencing Project found. On the New Jersey Turnpike, for instance, blacks make up 15 percent of drivers, more than 40 percent of stops and 73 percent of arrests – even though they break traffic laws at the same rate as whites. In New York City, blacks and Hispanics were three and four times as likely to be stopped and frisked as whites. But the disparities become appalling in court. If a black person kills a white person, they are twice as likely to receive the death sentence as a white person who kills a black person. Local prosecutors are much more likely to upgrade a case to felony murder if you’re black than if you’re white. Juries are stacked against you if you’re black. Racial bias in jury selection is ridiculous – qualified black jurors are illegally turned away as much as 80 percent of the time in the jury selection process. The result? About a quarter of juries in death penalty cases have no black jurors, and more than two-thirds have two or less. When a black person is accused of killing a white person – and the jury consists of five or more white males – the odds go way up for a death penalty verdict. Defense lawyers, and prosecutors, know that having just a single black man on the jury substantially changes the odds. Black people stay in prison longer than white people – up to 20 percent longer than white people serving time for essentially similar crimes. They get much harsher sentences – black people are 38 percent more likely to be sentenced to death than white people for the same crimes. And the color of the skin of the victims matters greatly in the punishment for capital crimes. Whites and blacks represent about half of murder victims from year to year, but 77 percent of people who are executed killed a white person, while only 13 percent of death row executions represent those who killed a black person.

As for your blatant xenophobic rantings on the Jew, I have no time for it. You cite conspiracy theories without backing up your claims. Im actually surprised that you have not yet presented an old standard, The Protocols of The Elders of Zion, to further your pathetic agenda. Disgusting and boorish.

Lastly, I have no desire to be in your "I thought you were cool" club. Like Marx (Groucho), I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member. Honestly, you sound like high school when you make remarks like that. As for freedom, it's always been the worst of times; there are no "good ol' days", and, nevertheless, my freedom has never been dependent on the actions of a government nor the tellings of the media.

ok. i dont agree right now but i respect you enough to consider it a possible place i could move to in the future. i feel like they were representing extremist islam, NOT the bulk of good that is the reality in most of islam

my chronic illness prevents me from focusing on everything but if i remember i will try to review some of these references eventually

Youre a good man buddy, and I'll continue to enjoy your body of work whether you come to these truths or not. Like you may have touched on earlier, I've gotten a bit more mature over the years(still have a ways to go! lol) and realize I can't get everyone to agree with me on a single issue, or likely not a single person to agree with me on every issue. We have a very strong power that we take for granted is telling us the truth, and tries to masquerade as showing both sides, when in fact their only goal is to use whomever furthers their own goals(raping the constitution, causing division, etc) to closer to total control, whether it's ever overt or now.

Much love to anyone who embodies the values of MLK Jr, JFK, Ghandi, Jesus, etc... but there may come a time when it takes more than civil disobedience, which are void society hasn't really practiced in about half a century. And back to the thread title, even if JS had preferences, that is his right, as it is all of ours. **** the thought police. The guy seems like a good man, and not an ass like the guy who started the thread, so he has my support vs such people. These labels dont carry the same weight with me as hey do with the average PC zombie. I wish we all could share a Bud/bud, or a coke(like the commercial) and revive the concept of humanity. Enough division, even though sports fanaticism molds our subconscious to seek illogical division and loyalties. I just like to keep repeating the word "love" in my head to overcome the demons of division.

its an old argument that certainly had enormous validity at one point, but that point is literally thirty years in the past

thats the problem, too many of our black brothers and sisters are simply living in that past. and its certainly not just blacks, it has managed to infect a very large element of our whiteness that continually enables and provides cover for it too

i understand why blacks and even whites want to press those issues, bc they dont want us going back to when whitey was absolutely BRUTAL. i definitely dont either, i lived through that, protested the whole time, and never got listened to. but thats not going to happen, we are NOT going back there, whitey has largely made the transformation, thank god. it took WAAAAY the fuck too long but at least its finally happened

now we have to turn our attention to the two biggest race related problems we have TODAY:

1) a sub-culture of black violence infesting our blackness

2) black racism

at this point the diseased mind with actually ADD stuff to what i just said, most commonly 'so youre saying all blacks are violent'. oh hell the fk no, i didnt say that, YOU did, and i want nothing to do with what you just added in there

what i said was that our blackness is infested with a violent sub-culture, the biggest victims who are of course black themselves. as the heart breaking statistics clearly tell us, despite representing just 15% of the population, blacks STILL account for 50% of all violent crimes and murders in america (!!). and most of that is against other blacks - the black murder rate in america is similar to that in war zones around the world (!!!)

these are HUGE problems that we as a general culture are just simply ignoring. its a collective disease of the mind that at some point we have to address aggressively

Could it be that reductions in poverty lead to reductions in the crime rate in exactly the same way in predominantly black and white areas, suggesting poverty, not race, is the biggest factor with relation to violent crime? Or is it thinkers like yourself who play down the importance of poverty in favor of the “violent subculture theory”, the idea that some black communities, for some reason, have developed cultural values that are more tolerant of crime and violence?

But what is poverty? Most just think it's a lack of money. And while I agree with the statement, "money doesnt solve everything but it's a good start", poverty is much more insidious and devastating. Poverty speaks of endemic dysfunction, often cross-generational. A lack of familial comfort and parenting, mentors, safe schools, and homes. It means that you grow up with deficits pertaining to self-care, nutrition, health care, transportation, quality food and role models. It might mean being born into families that are broken, absent and violent. It might mean being subjected to black market activities like drug running and arms trading. There probably is a lack of public beauty on your streets and a loss of industry in your neighborhoods, exacerbated by the deindustrialization campaigns of many American cities throughout the 1970s and 1980s. There probably is less daily structure, more daily stress and a feeling of general angst and apathy. And you are born into this...You are innocent of its systemic misgivings. And we say, "that poor child." Yet, as they, those "poor children" grow they are less looked at as a victim of circumstances and more and more as an (Meathead's word) "infestation" of greed, criminality and the next generation of systemic dysfunction. And this is true...this is happening...and poverty is increasing exponentially in America. Meathead's "violent sub-cultural theory" is a very convenient, clever (albeit, lazy) way to dismiss this reality and attribute the myriad of problems affecting the impoverished in today's USA to a racial predisposition and tolerance to violence. But dont believe me, believe the governments own statistics:

For the period 2008–12

-Persons in poor households at or below the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) (39.8 per 1,000) had more than double the rate of violent victimization as persons in high-income households (16.9 per 1,000).

-Persons in poor households had a higher rate of violence involving a firearm (3.5 per 1,000) compared to persons above the FPL (0.8–2.5 per 1,000).

-The overall pattern of poor persons having the highest rates of violent victimization was consistent for both whites and blacks. However, the rate of violent -victimization for Hispanics did not vary across poverty levels.

-Poor Hispanics (25.3 per 1,000) had lower rates of violence compared to poor whites (46.4 per 1,000) and poor blacks (43.4 per 1,000).

-Poor persons living in urban areas (43.9 per 1,000) had violent victimization rates similar to poor persons living in rural areas (38.8 per 1,000).

-Poor urban blacks (51.3 per 1,000) had rates of violence similar to poor urban whites (56.4 per 1,000).

http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=5137

Now, let's look at teens. Psychological and sociological studies have examined the impact of all types of stimuli on teenagers’ criminal behavior, like peer pressure, parental attitudes, dropping out of school, drinking, drugs, and, yes, violent video games. But as important as it is to keep the teenage brain in mind when we as a society decide how poor decisions should be punished, maybe it’s not the most important factor in how those decisions get made in the first place. The results of a new study by Mike Males from the Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice in San Francisco support the argument that teenage poverty, not teenage biology, is most to blame for teenage crime. Males looked specifically at the more than 50,000 homicides in California from 1991 to 2002. As one would expect, teenagers perpetrated more of the homicides than other age groups...but only when he did not control for poverty. When he did control for poverty, teenagers committed more crimes than other age groups only in high-poverty areas. In the areas where teenagers had as much money as other middle-aged people, they tended to commit fewer violent crimes. And in the areas where middle-aged people had as little money as other teenagers, those middle-aged people tended to commit just as many violent crimes. In other words, financially secure teens act as responsibly as stereotypical middle-aged people and poor middle-aged people act as recklessly as stereotypical teens. The financial situations of the would-be perpetrators had a lot bigger impact than what age they were at the time. And that impact was huge: The homicide rate among the poorest teenagers Males looked at was 18 times higher than it was among the wealthiest.

http://sgo.sagepub.com/content/5/1/2158244015573359.full

But that's okay...let's pretend there is a racial genetic predisposition or a sub-cultural anomaly or a whatever you want to make up so that it fits with your ideology...as long as you dont have to think too much.

But that's okay...let's pretend there is a racial genetic predisposition or a sub-cultural anomaly or a whatever you want to make up so that it fits with your ideology

see, i told you it would happen. it always does on this topic. you added in the racial genetic predisposition thing and then held it against me. i never said that, i want nothing to do with what you added in there, its unfair and inappropriate for you to do so, please stop doing that

poverty is a problem but its mostly an excuse. most blacks that make those bad decisions and commit those crimes do it bc they want to, bc of their warped view of what blackness is, bc they choose to be conditioned by a mindset that they are just taking back from an unjust society, and bc of the constant consumption of extremely violent and destructive music and ideas (gangstaism) that poisons their mind. any attempt to point this out gets a sudden and vicious response of you being labeled racist if youre white and not black enough if youre black

consider this one thing: there are many ethnic minorities in america that have had very difficult times and did not choose widespread crime and ultra-violent cultural elements in response. certainly the horrific behavior against blacks by whites was as bad as it gets, but at what point in history do we say thats no longer the reason? ever??

i know from experience this will do no good with someone of your mindset so im not going to continue. fortunately there are many men (black) that have done the hard work and written excellent books on this topic. i urge you and others to read them so that you have a balanced perspective of whats really going on here. but you wont

514QGQHcPUL._AA160_.jpg41ECnDxUcqL._AA160_.jpg513BtSsb8sL._AA160_.jpg

those are all clickable links, you can download them and be reading within minutes. but you wont