LiterateStylish

I think Junglesouljah might be racist

I've always wondered why Jungle so fervently defends a turd like EJ Manuel.

It just didn't make sense that someone who seems at least conscious could so passionately defend a player that sucks donkey balls so much.

So I started looking back through his posts, and digging around.

And that's when it occurred to me.

I think junglesouljah may be racist against white people.

My theory: Being black himself, he wants the black players to succeed, ESPECIALLY at a position such as QB where white players are the majority.

* He was upset when the Bills signed Orton and then upset again when they benched EJ for Orton

* After Orton played a few games, in which he went 3-1 and put up 1,100 yards, 9 TD's and only 3 INT's, he posted thread stating that we could do better than Orton.

* The logic he uses "If Orton isn't producing , why should he be rewarded with more starts?" makes so little sense considering he's advocating for a black QB who has NEVER produced that you HAVE TO wonder what the ulterior motive is.

* He wanted a terrible white lineman (Pears) to be benched for a terrible black lineman (Koundajo)

* Out of all the QB's to trade for, he started a thread suggesting we trade for black QB RGIII.

* Once EJ Manuel fell out of favor this offseason, he switched his manlove to black QB Tyrod Taylor.

Did I mention that the rapper in his signature called out Riley Cooper after his "racist" comment and said that black CB's are gonna be gunning to injure him for the rest of the season?

Hmm...

Circumstantial ... sure.

But certainly interesting.

Jungle isn't racist. He's just really invested in the pre-draft circus and so he places a lot of emphasis on athletic measurables. EJ is huge and strong and fast and so Jungle will support him over guys who are average athletically but can read defenses better. It's the same reason he loved Chris Johnson and Reggie Bush and blasted guys like Fred Jackson.

while i encourage ppl to openly recognize that anyone can be racist in this current racism-is-always-whitey era, i have never seen any evidence remotely indicative of a race bias on jungles part

so im calling shenanigans

It just didn't make sense that someone who seems at least conscious could so passionately defend a player that sucks donkey balls so much.

My theory: Being black himself, he wants the black players to succeed, ESPECIALLY at a position such as QB where white players are the majority.

* He was upset when the Bills signed Orton and then upset again when they benched EJ for Orton

* After Orton played a few games, in which he went 3-1 and put up 1,100 yards, 9 TD's and only 3 INT's, he posted thread stating that we could do better than Orton.

* The logic he uses "If Orton isn't producing , why should he be rewarded with more starts?" makes so little sense considering he's advocating for a black QB who has NEVER produced that you HAVE TO wonder what the ulterior motive is.

* He wanted a terrible white lineman (Pears) to be benched for a terrible black lineman (Koundajo)

* Out of all the QB's to trade for, he started a thread suggesting we trade for black QB RGIII.

* Once EJ Manuel fell out of favor this offseason, he switched his manlove to black QB Tyrod Taylor.

Did I mention that the rapper in his signature called out Riley Cooper after his "racist" comment and said that black CB's are gonna be gunning to injure him for the rest of the season?

Hmm...

Circumstantial ... sure.

It is definitively impossible for "non-whites" to be racist. The system of racism was created by whites and all laws put in place to administer the system were implemented by whites. Can a "person of color" hate whites? Of course...I might as well if I was told for centuries that I was chattel, that I couldnt vote, that I couldnt live in a neighborhood, couldnt own property or get a loan, couldnt marry a white person, couldnt go to a school and so forth....

Historian Dante A. Puzzo, in his discussion of Aristotle, racism, and the ancient world writes that:

Racism rests on two basic assumptions: that a correlation exists between physical characteristics and moral qualities; that mankind is divisible into superior and inferior stocks. Racism, thus defined, is a modern conception, for prior to the XVIth century there was virtually nothing in the life and thought of the West that can be described as racist. To prevent misunderstanding a clear distinction must be made between racism and ethnocentrism ... The Ancient Hebrews, in referring to all who were not Hebrews as Gentiles, were indulging in ethnocentrism, not in racism. ... So it was with the Hellenes who denominated all non-Hellenes——whether the wild Scythians or the Egyptians whom they acknowledged as their mentors in the arts if civilization——Barbarians, the term denoting that which was strange or foreign.

Perhaps Paul Mooney can sum this up for you:

[video=youtube;p-bbe0LbZ68]

• Disagree 1

sorry but i completely reject that entire train of thought. and ive thought A LOT about this

thats the old classic and deeply flawed misconception between oppression and racism where ppl require power to be racist. that of course is absurd. racism is a simple negative bias due to ethnic background, a prejudice or pre-judging. oppression is when you add the power of physical force, legislature, and social standards to that kind of prejudging

the example i use if there is one green dude on the entire planet and he walks around saying 'i hate non-greenies, i dont trust them, they are inferior, and i want nothing to do with them', he is undoubtedly racist. he probably has absolutely no power, but he certainly has a strong negative and completely inappropriate bias against anyone that doesnt look like him

further, accepting that very flawed definition of racism introduces massive dysfunction in the collective bc it gives ppl an easy out and allows real racism to flourish. we see this right now in far too much of our blackness, who as a percentage of population are far more racist than whites at this point in history. i believe its bc they accept that horrible definition of racism and thus dont even bother to be introspective about their own destructive bias

i urge you and all good ppl to flatly reject that inappropriate and dangerous definition of racism. keep it simple: racism is simply a negative bias based on ethnic background

one set of rules for all in the beloved community

Racism is defined as: prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Any race can be racist.

Don't be an idiot

sure, sweetie.

btw ive always hated that clip by mooney. just think about how much damage that kind of mindset has done to us. oye

well its not just him. theres a lot of ppl currently making that mistake and its got to stop. its causing a lot of disharmony and destruction on the issue of race in this country

what troubles me most is that we dont seem to be able to learn simple lessons on race. we witnessed first hand the horrible mistakes that whiteness made, first with physical slavery and then with institutional slavery (the 2/3 of a person utter nonsense). and yet now we are turning right around and implementing a form of social slavery where blacks can say just about anything they want about whites, but even the mildest criticism of blackness gets you labeled a racist (if youre white) or not black enough (if youre black)

its utterly crazy. like a big fucked up cycle of interpersonal destruction we cant get out of

sorry but i completely reject that entire train of thought. and ive thought A LOT about this

thats the old classic and deeply flawed misconception between oppression and racism where ppl require power to be racist. that of course is absurd. racism is a simple negative bias due to ethnic background, a prejudice or pre-judging. oppression is when you add the power of physical force, legislature, and social standards to that kind of prejudging

the example i use if there is one green dude on the entire planet and he walks around saying 'i hate non-greenies, i dont trust them, they are inferior, and i want nothing to do with them', he is undoubtedly racist. he probably has absolutely no power, but he certainly has a strong negative and completely inappropriate bias against anyone that doesnt look like him

further, accepting that very flawed definition of racism introduces massive dysfunction in the collective bc it gives ppl an easy out and allows real racism to flourish. we see this right now in far too much of our blackness, who as a percentage of population are far more racist than whites at this point in history. i believe its bc they accept that horrible definition of racism and thus dont even bother to be introspective about their own destructive bias

i urge you and all good ppl to flatly reject that inappropriate and dangerous definition of racism. keep it simple: racism is simply a negative bias based on ethnic background

one set of rules for all in the beloved community

What you speak of is referred to as racial bigotry. My argument is centered on institutional racism. Institutional racism is distinguished from racial bigotry by the existence of institutional systemic policies, practices and economic and political structures which place minority racial and ethnic groups at a disadvantage in relation to an institution’s racial or ethnic majority.

Hmm...

Circumstantial ... sure.

Yet when I start a thread about you calling out Triple P, you delete it. HYPOCRITE.

Take over some more defunct user names to make it look like the place isn't a ghost town, hypocrite.

Hmm...

Circumstantial ... sure.

LOL, your a fucking joke and a half. I'm not even going to dignify this with a response.

Wait a minute. Jungle is African-American? I would have never guessed that.

What you speak of is referred to as racial bigotry. My argument is centered on institutional racism. Institutional racism is distinguished from racial bigotry by the existence of institutional systemic policies, practices and economic and political structures which place minority racial and ethnic groups at a disadvantage in relation to an institution’s racial or ethnic majority.

ok i can accept that but its not really what you actually said, at least not as far as i saw it. so you werent really clear on that and this issue is so vital you really should try to make it as easily digestible as possible. i mean, this is my thing, and if i didnt follow you then theres scant chance most ppl would

also, lol on the term african american

i have never once in my life heard a black person use that term when we werent at work or church. its simply a pc term that whites invented to feel better about their legacy of creating a thousand code word terms denigrating black folks. so i dont use it bc it feels silly to me. black seems perfectly fine and its ultra rare to find a black person that doesnt agree with that

you know whats interesting, think about all the words whites used over the years to denigrate blacks. i made a list one time (thought i had it on my pc but cant find it now) and it easily got up to thirty-ish just off the top of my head. but blacks have very few epithets for whites, which is weird considering the enormous awesome creativity our blackness usually is able to crank out on demand. the reason for that is their term is simply 'white people'. they use that term like republicans use the term 'liberal'. in general reference to whites they will just say 'whites', but if they are mad at whites its 'white people'. lmao but its true

It is definitively impossible for "non-whites" to be racist. The system of racism was created by whites and all laws put in place to administer the system were implemented by whites. Can a "person of color" hate whites? Of course...I might as well if I was told for centuries that I was chattel, that I couldnt vote, that I couldnt live in a neighborhood, couldnt own property or get a loan, couldnt marry a white person, couldnt go to a school and so forth....

People have been telling you this for centuries? Wow, how old are you? How was life before electricity?

ok i can accept that but its not really what you actually said, at least not as far as i saw it. so you werent really clear on that and this issue is so vital you really should try to make it as easily digestible as possible. i mean, this is my thing, and if i didnt follow you then theres scant chance most ppl would not

It is exactly what I said...minorities are (defacto) incapable of enacting the tenets of the system of racism yet can hate those who have and/or who champion its legacy.

People have been telling you this for centuries? Wow, how old are you? How was life before electricity?

That's a good one, Carl.

saying blacks can't be racist is about the most ignorant statement anyone can say imo. otherwise they'd call it whiteism. or are we saying that there aren't black people out there anywhere that hate white people?

and if there are black people out there that do hate or don't like white people, what are they called and how do we categorize them?

^^^

That was a response lol

Your a complete and utter joke, I seriously feel sorry for you that you always want to be the center of attention and want to constantly attack me.

BTW, I love players of all colour and ethnic background that play for the Bills, I don't hold grudges on players or root against players like you do.

It is exactly what I said...minorities are (defacto) incapable of enacting the tenets of the system of racism yet can hate those who have and/or who champion its legacy.

very dangerous idea here that is hardly even relevant today. maybe forty years ago this would have some relevance but this is a different era. seems like you are splitting hairs for very little benefit and potentially great damage. i would abandon this line of thought and focus on what matters today

at its peak i would say 75% of whites were moderately to severely racist sometime around 1970, i would put that figure at about 35% today

comparatively, i would say blacks are probably 70% moderately or severely racist today. thats a big problem bc our culture has ceded the definition of racism to blacks who have done what humans have always done when they get too much control over somebody else, theyve used it to screw over the 'opponent', in this case whitey. and whites in general are so clueless and still filled with guilt over their past mistakes they just go along with it. thats what i mean by social slavery

if you dont agree, tell me why does alvin holmes still have a job? he said some of the most blatantly racist things ive ever seen in my life and absolutely nothing happened to him. meanwhile, some fat white bitch who cooks unhealthy food on tv and an old white wrestler lose their entire careers for using the n-word twenty years ago! we even took an entire basketball team away from a dumb old cracker after he was secretly recorded asking his hispanic/asian/something girlfriend why she has to hang out with so many black guys!

why does a black writer on the jon stewart show ONLY have a problem with stewart doing a black voice (herman cain), when LITERALLY SECONDS before that he just did a stereotypical white voice and disparaged rednecks? its bc of that horrible idea that racism requires power and thus leaves blacks thinking racism is only a white problem. this is a horrible double standard that CANNOT do anything but hurt the black/white relationship

you cant have different rules between siblings, it ALWAYS leads to trouble in the relationship. and of course thats what we see right now

we desperately need to fix this. one set of rules for all in the beloved community

saying blacks can't be racist is about the most ignorant statement anyone can say imo. otherwise they'd call it whiteism. or are we saying that there aren't black people out there anywhere that hate white people?

and if there are black people out there that do hate or don't like white people, what are they called and how do we categorize them?

it is my belief that this is the biggest disconnect we have on race today. its devastating to the relationship and we need to get more ppl realizing this, especially black folks

I don't see any of that as being racist, Lit. Even if he wants EJ to be the starting QB because hes black. Maybe hes proud of his race and he wants to see more success from minorities at a position that usually is white dominant. Just like i like to see a white boy doing well at WR position. Does that make me racist? My black friends don't think so. I never heard Jungle proclaim kill whitey or anything. Maybe we have different idea of racism and pride. Black or white pride is ok with me.