LiterateStylish

This is stupid. Every vote should be done on a computer - we would have the results the second the polls closed

What I honestly think should've been done are a few things.

First off...all ballots should have to be requested. No mailing out ballots to lord knows who. It's guaranteed dead people and people that no longer live at those addresses received ballots. Either request one and after they determine you are entitled to one you get it back. 

Secondly...ballots should be counted as received. Florida did it to a high degree of success. Waiting till election day is stupid and holds up the process and can cast doubt...especially when you see dumps of 100k plus for one guy vs almost zero. This election is different due to the China virus, but this is a good protocol to have in place if for some reason there is a large demand for mail in ballots.

The last thing and maybe the most important is to put some type of special mark or code on these ballots to certify their authenticity. There is some debate as to whether ballots now have a watermark that can only be seen under UV light, but we should definitely have some type of way to rule out bogus ballots. 

I think those three things would go a long way to make people feel much better about the process, and it's not difficult to do any of these things.

18 minutes ago, Philly'sFinest said:

What I honestly think should've been done are a few things.

First off...all ballots should have to be requested. No mailing out ballots to lord knows who. It's guaranteed dead people and people that no longer live at those addresses received ballots. Either request one and after they determine you are entitled to one you get it back. 

Secondly...ballots should be counted as received. Florida did it to a high degree of success. Waiting till election day is stupid and holds up the process and can cast doubt...especially when you see dumps of 100k plus for one guy vs almost zero. This election is different due to the China virus, but this is a good protocol to have in place if for some reason there is a large demand for mail in ballots.

The last thing and maybe the most important is to put some type of special mark or code on these ballots to certify their authenticity. There is some debate as to whether ballots now have a watermark that can only be seen under UV light, but we should definitely have some type of way to rule out bogus ballots. 

I think those three things would go a long way to make people feel much better about the process, and it's not difficult to do any of these things.

Did you arbitrarily receive an actual ballot in the mail? Do you know, not thing you know but really know anyone that received a bona fide' ballot in the mail, unsolicited.....

BTW< 67 hours later and you're STILL here???

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

8 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Correct.

Its impossible to hack a computer that isn’t connected to anything.

And how would the results get to Washington? Or would there be only one computer in Washington and everybody has to queue there?

Proud adopter of #16 Robert Foster and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Eightyfive percents

5 hours ago, HipKat said:

Did you arbitrarily receive an actual ballot in the mail? Do you know, not thing you know but really know anyone that received a bona fide' ballot in the mail, unsolicited.....

BTW< 67 hours later and you're STILL here???

Are you seriously arguing that people didn't receive unsolicited ballots?🤣

Also...please let my nuts go😂

2 hours ago, Philly'sFinest said:

Are you seriously arguing that people didn't receive unsolicited ballots?🤣

Also...please let my nuts go😂

Do you know anyone that did?? Does anyone on here know anyone that got unsolicited ballots??

I'll answer that for you with some actual facts:

Fact-checking Trump's false claims on unsolicited ballots

President Donald Trump has been waging a disinformation campaign against mail-in voting for months, but recently, he's seized on a particular statistic to support the narrative that this election is prime for widespread fraud.

This month, he has repeatedly claimed that 80 million unsolicited ballots are en-route to voters across the country who didn't request them and further suggested there's no way to track mail-in ballots or know who gets them.

Since the start of September alone, the President has mentioned these 80 million ballots at least 20 times, according to the website Factba.se, which tracks every word uttered or tweeted by Trump and other politicians. Though the rhetoric varies slightly from time to time, this claim has become part of his regular arsenal.

During a rally in Nevada over the weekend, he said, "They send 80 million ballots out. Where are they going? Who are they sending them to?"

Earlier that week, he tweeted, "Sending out 80 MILLION BALLOTS to people who aren't even asking for a Ballot is unfair and a total fraud in the making."

And in an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity the day before, Trump said "we are sending out 80 million ballots. And they are unsolicited.

It's possible the President got the number from an August New York Times article, which stated that experts predict "roughly 80 million mail ballots will flood election offices this fall." However, not all of these ballots would be the result of voters receiving unsolicited ballots in the mail.

For this election, 35 states, approximately 2/3 of the country, allow voters the option to vote absentee either because of coronavirus or without an excuse. In six states, voters must still provide an acceptable excuse, which does not include the pandemic, in order to vote by mail. These mail-in ballots, which make up part of the estimated 80 million total, are not unsolicited.

What the President is likely referring to when he voices concerns about unsolicited ballots are the nine states where every registered voter will receive a ballot in the mail for the upcoming election. However, five of those states (Colorado, Oregon, Utah, Hawaii and Washington) have been holding their elections primarily by mail since before the pandemic, so voters who register in these states do so knowing they'll likely submit their ballot by mail. The four remaining states (California, Vermont, Nevada, and New Jersey) plus Washington DC switched this year --- so, voters there who were already registered didn't actively request a mail-in ballot for this election.

Those nine states and Washington, DC, which is also mailing ballots directly, account for over 43 million voters as of mid-August. The five places that changed their policies for this election to send ballots to all voters -- DCCalifornia, Vermont, Nevada and New Jersey -- have at least 29 million registered voters by the latest available count. Based on this data, the number of truly unsolicited ballots sent out is at most, around half of what the President claims, and likely even less.

It's also worth noting that even in the unsolicited instances, states have safeguards in place to prevent the kind of fraud Trump implies will result from the projected increase in voting by mail this election.

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

3 hours ago, Topas said:

And how would the results get to Washington? Or would there be only one computer in Washington and everybody has to queue there?

Lol what?

The same way they do it now.

They don’t bring every handwritten ballot to Washington, they simply count them in each County and then give Washington the numbers.

Trump - 200,421 votes

Biden - 204,729 votes

That’s what gets released.

The computers at each station would tally them.

Then the numbers they spit out are sent higher up.

• Like 1

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

a national presidential voting system would cost at least ten billion dollars, if not much more. and if you wanted it to be a universal voting system for all elections, add another 20 billion. add another billion or so per year to maintain the whole thing, to conduct hacking audits, etc. where are you going to get that money?

and a system not connected to the internet absolutely CAN be hacked. those dedicated lines still have to go through a Central Office where technicians can tap into them. all you would need are a handful of dirty technicians to get access to the data stream. billions of dollars and state of the art decryption tools would be pouring in from enemy entities, if not from our own political party cults, so frequent audits would have to be conducted. an entire dark cottage industry of geeks connected to the dark web would be working on being the one to break the decryption and become a billionaire

with the systems disparate and distributed among the states, the incentive is dramatically reduced to a relatively miniscule level

until they invent 100% uncrackable encryption, we will never see a national voting system

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

Time to support  the new president  👍

• Like 1
  • Trump 1

reinhart2-wjc-2014.jpg

MY TOP TEN 2014

1.Sam Reinhart 2. Aaron Ekblad 3. leon Draisaitl 4. Nikolaj Ehlers. 5 Michael DalColle 6. . Sam Bennett

7. Nick Ritchie 8 Brendan Perlini 9 Haydn Fleury 10 David Pastrnak.

MY TOP TEN 2015

1A Connor McDavid . 1B Jack Eichel 3.Mitchell Marner 4. Noah Hanifin 5.Mathew Barzal Dylan Strome 6. 7.Oliver Kylington 8. Pavel Zacha 9.Zach Werenski 10. Nick Merkley

Matthew Barzal , Connor Mcdavid Watch is on ...

11 minutes ago, gerbe75pts said:

Time to support  the new president  👍

Good luck with that.  This entire thing is tainted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meathead said:

a national presidential voting system would cost at least ten billion dollars, if not much more. and if you wanted it to be a universal voting system for all elections, add another 20 billion. add another billion or so per year to maintain the whole thing, to conduct hacking audits, etc. where are you going to get that money?

No it won't.

All you need is computers.

and a system not connected to the internet absolutely CAN be hacked

Not connected to ANYTHING. 

Can not be hacked.

I know a thing or two about this...

those dedicated lines still have to go through a Central Office where technicians can tap into them. 

No they don't.

- 20 Individual computers at each polling station.

- Connected to literally NOTHING except for electricity.

- Each voter clicks buttons to choose their candidates.

- The votes are instantly tallied in the computers database (SDD).

- At the end of the voting period, the tally is read off each computer (by a person from each party literally just looking at the screen).

- The results of each computer is added (for example, Computer 1 had 1,000 Biden votes. Computer 2 had 2,000 Biden votes, etc) and then the total is called in to Central Office.

That's it.

It's not hard.

It doesn't need to be connected to anything at all. Ever.

It's actuallty the way we do it RIGHT NOW in many states.

It's just, instead of reading the tally off a piece of paper, they'd be reading it off a compute screen.

Mary Sue from the GOP and Bobby Tidbits from the DEM's walk to each computer, read the tally and move on. 

That's it.

• Like 1

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

3 hours ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Good luck with that.  This entire thing is tainted.

Here’s a very strange thing. You guys are so sure that this presidential election is filled with fraud. Why not the Senate elections? Why not the house of representatives elections? Why is it just the presidential election? Don’t you think that if they were going to cheat Trump out of office that they would cheat more Republicans out of Congress?

Seek help. soflabillsfan

8 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Here’s a very strange thing. You guys are so sure that this presidential election is filled with fraud. Why not the Senate elections? Why not the house of representatives elections? Why is it just the presidential election? Don’t you think that if they were going to cheat Trump out of office that they would cheat more Republicans out of Congress?

If not for suspicious activity and lack of transparency I'd have no problems at all.  I also think a few of the Senate elections are sketchy.  Face it, Prez is the big enchilada the left has been salivating over forever.  As you guys keep saying, let this thing play out.

1 hour ago, Thebowflexbody said:

If not for suspicious activity and lack of transparency I'd have no problems at all.  I also think a few of the Senate elections are sketchy.  Face it, Prez is the big enchilada the left has been salivating over forever.  As you guys keep saying, let this thing play out.

But if you’re going to cheat the president out of office why not just cheat an entire blue wave through the entire Senate and the house? The fact is Congress had a miniature red wave. They gained seats in the house and they kept the majority in the Senate. That goes against the philosophy of just removing the president by cheating when you could remove everybody

• Thanks 1
  • Barf 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

10 minutes ago, HipKat said:

But if you’re going to cheat the president out of office why not just cheat an entire blue wave through the entire Senate and the house? The fact is Congress had a miniature red wave. They gained seats in the house and they kept the majority in the Senate. That goes against the philosophy of just removing the president by cheating when you could remove everybody

Don't you think that would have been a wee bit ambitious?  They wanted our President bad, so that's where the concentration was.  At least this should lead to a good bit of reform.  Can't have half the country casting doubt on the legitimacy of the President now can we?  LOL 

2 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

ALL VOTES MATTER!

Only the legal ones.  You people would let dogs and cats vote.  Maybe you did.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Only the legal ones.  You people would let dogs and cats vote.  Maybe you did.

Conspiracy.

Let me guess, the same 3 million illegals that voted in 2016 did it again? 

• Haha 1

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

2 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

Conspiracy.

Let me guess, the same 3 million illegals that voted in 2016 did it again? 

The battle cry!!!  Anyone questioning the validity of this election is a conspiracy theorist!!!  LOL.  Don't worry.  Hearing the same thing from all of the usual suspects and OF COURSE the MSM.

Just now, Thebowflexbody said:

The battle cry!!!  Anyone questioning the validity of this election is a conspiracy theorist!!!  LOL.  Don't worry.  Hearing the same thing from all of the usual suspects and OF COURSE the MSM.

Anyone who questions the validity of this election without credible evidence is a conspiracy theorist or a fucking idiot.

• Like 1

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

1 minute ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

Anyone who questions the validity of this election without credible evidence is a conspiracy theorist or a fucking idiot.

As I keep saying, thick one, I'm not there and they have not personally shared what they know with yours truly.  That will just have to do for now.  This is going in circles and I'm not going to play your game any longer.  What comes out, comes out.  I'm not looking for it to change the result.  I do hope it will positively affect future elections.

28 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

As I keep saying, thick one, I'm not there and they have not personally shared what they know with yours truly.  That will just have to do for now.  This is going in circles and I'm not going to play your game any longer.  What comes out, comes out.  I'm not looking for it to change the result.  I do hope it will positively affect future elections.

I know. You have no inside info. But you still think there is fraud. Based on nothing.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

The evidence is for the court first, not the press, although they think so, or anyone else, like fat boy Chris Christie who really likes the attention he gets.  Most anyone can add up figures quickly and get a close estimate of what the sum is.  So that's what we are left with for the moment.  We can also smell a rotting fish left in our car if it's put in by a nefarious character.   

48372057_1969525509802965_4664389317303468032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=8fd3638a10a1407561bc1873032b72c4&oe=5C95B70A

16 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

I know. You have no inside info. But you still think there is fraud. Based on nothing.

LOL.  In the meantime you can prove to me the sky is blue.  Have at it.  

15 minutes ago, DannyBoy said:

The evidence is for the court first, not the press, although they think so, or anyone else, like fat boy Chris Christie who really likes the attention he gets.  Most anyone can add up figures quickly and get a close estimate of what the sum is.  So that's what we are left with for the moment.  We can also smell a rotting fish left in our car if it's put in by a nefarious character.   

Number of votes counted compared to registered voters is also kind of interesting.

6 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Number of votes counted compared to registered voters is also kind of interesting.

Where is the evidence that that happened anywhere?

Seek help. soflabillsfan