Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Professor Pigworth

Trump Reportedly Expects Scrutiny From Prosecutors If He Loses

Recommended Posts

We're all about to see just how much of a fraudster and criminal lowlife loser Donald truly is and was all along should he lose the election. This is actually an election he cannot afford to lose. If he does lose, will he try to martial-law his way out of his fate? Or try to pardon himself and all his criminal conspirators on his last day in office? Or maybe try to get that nice Mr Barr, who himself might already be facing some serious consequences for his lawlessness and corruption, to help Donald out of yet another jam?

.

 

Trump Reportedly Expects Scrutiny From Prosecutors If He Loses

Most former presidents think about memoirs and libraries. If Trump loses, he might have to think about subpoenas and depositions.

 

There was a point early last year in which the political world questioned whether Donald Trump would seek a second term as president. The New York Times reported in March 2019 that people close to the Republican incumbent assumed he'd run again, if for no other reason than "because of his legal exposure if he is not president."

In other words, Trump had to seek a second term, because the alternative raised the specter of possible indictments. The president's 2020 plans wouldn't simply be about pride or ego; it's effectively be part of a criminal-defense strategy.

Twenty months later, the issue's relevance still lingers. The New York Times reported overnight:

Seldom far from Mr. Trump's thoughts ... is the possibility of defeat — and the potential consequences of being ejected from the White House. In unguarded moments, Mr. Trump has for weeks told advisers that he expects to face intensifying scrutiny from prosecutors if he loses. He is concerned not only about existing investigations in New York, but the potential for new federal probes as well, according to people who have spoken with him.

At a campaign rally last night, Trump told supporters that Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation exonerated him -- reality tells a fundamentally different story -- and the results of the probe make him "perhaps the most innocent man anywhere in the history of the United States."

That's obviously ridiculous, and if the Times' new reporting is correct, even the president himself doesn't believe it.

And given the publicly available information, he shouldn't. New York's Jon Chait recently noted, "[Trump] faces serious legal jeopardy by prosecutors in Manhattan and New York State for what seems to be, on its face, fairly cut-and-dried criminal fraud in his private business dealings. It is also possible that, having left office, prosecutors may turn over some rocks and discover more criminal behavior as president of the United States. (The Department of Justice has a policy of not charging the president with crimes, but that expires if he leaves office.)"

Trump may win a second term, at which point all of this speculation would become moot. Though the legal principle is controversial, Justice Department policy has been interpreted to mean that a sitting president cannot be indicted while in office.

But if the Republican falls short, it's not too surprising that "intensifying scrutiny from prosecutors" would be on his mind. Most former presidents think about memoirs and libraries; Trump would have to think about subpoenas and depositions.

For his part, Joe Biden has twice made categorical commitments not to pull a Gerald Ford: which is to say, if he wins, the Delaware Democrat will not pardon his predecessor.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-reportedly-expects-scrutiny-prosecutors-if-he-loses-n1245926?icid=msd_topgrid

.

spacer.png

 

  • Disagree 1
  • Trump 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really? They can scrutinize him even more than he's been getting?

  • Like 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Really? They can scrutinize him even more than he's been getting?

Based upon the constant attacks, Donald Trump is the greatest civil rights proponent to ever exist.

Obviously, he has never uttered anything that could be perceived as prejudiced.

A President for all people.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Thebowflexbody said:

What a joke.  Thanks Euro trash.

Leave him alone as he's really bored with the new UK lockdown that Boris, his fearless leader, has instituted. 

boris GIF

  • Like 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, because he hasn't faced a TON of scrutiny already.

Get the fuck outta here with this bullshit.

Trump will NEVER see the inside of a prison cell and you know it.

If the Washington bureaucrats get off easy, so will Trump.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Leave him alone as he's really bored with the new UK lockdown that Boris, his fearless leader, has instituted. 

boris GIF

Only 80 days I think.  LOL

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patriot.jpeg

  • Thanks 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Philly'sFinest said:

They've tried their best to dig up dirt and failed.

Nothingburger

Red Wave is crushing the battleground states as we speak 

Is it true.

I only ask because I have to get some sleep for my overnight shift.

Maybe there will be a President elect by the time I go to work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Professor Pigworth said:

We're all about to see just how much of a fraudster and criminal lowlife loser Donald truly is and was all along should he lose the election. This is actually an election he cannot afford to lose. If he does lose, will he try to martial-law his way out of his fate? Or try to pardon himself and all his criminal conspirators on his last day in office? Or maybe try to get that nice Mr Barr, who himself might already be facing some serious consequences for his lawlessness and corruption, to help Donald out of yet another jam?

.

Trump Reportedly Expects Scrutiny From Prosecutors If He Loses

Most former presidents think about memoirs and libraries. If Trump loses, he might have to think about subpoenas and depositions.

There was a point early last year in which the political world questioned whether Donald Trump would seek a second term as president. The New York Times reported in March 2019 that people close to the Republican incumbent assumed he'd run again, if for no other reason than "because of his legal exposure if he is not president."

In other words, Trump had to seek a second term, because the alternative raised the specter of possible indictments. The president's 2020 plans wouldn't simply be about pride or ego; it's effectively be part of a criminal-defense strategy.

Twenty months later, the issue's relevance still lingers. The New York Times reported overnight:

Seldom far from Mr. Trump's thoughts ... is the possibility of defeat — and the potential consequences of being ejected from the White House. In unguarded moments, Mr. Trump has for weeks told advisers that he expects to face intensifying scrutiny from prosecutors if he loses. He is concerned not only about existing investigations in New York, but the potential for new federal probes as well, according to people who have spoken with him.

At a campaign rally last night, Trump told supporters that Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation exonerated him -- reality tells a fundamentally different story -- and the results of the probe make him "perhaps the most innocent man anywhere in the history of the United States."

That's obviously ridiculous, and if the Times' new reporting is correct, even the president himself doesn't believe it.

And given the publicly available information, he shouldn't. New York's Jon Chait recently noted, "[Trump] faces serious legal jeopardy by prosecutors in Manhattan and New York State for what seems to be, on its face, fairly cut-and-dried criminal fraud in his private business dealings. It is also possible that, having left office, prosecutors may turn over some rocks and discover more criminal behavior as president of the United States. (The Department of Justice has a policy of not charging the president with crimes, but that expires if he leaves office.)"

Trump may win a second term, at which point all of this speculation would become moot. Though the legal principle is controversial, Justice Department policy has been interpreted to mean that a sitting president cannot be indicted while in office.

But if the Republican falls short, it's not too surprising that "intensifying scrutiny from prosecutors" would be on his mind. Most former presidents think about memoirs and libraries; Trump would have to think about subpoenas and depositions.

For his part, Joe Biden has twice made categorical commitments not to pull a Gerald Ford: which is to say, if he wins, the Delaware Democrat will not pardon his predecessor.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-reportedly-expects-scrutiny-prosecutors-if-he-loses-n1245926?icid=msd_topgrid

.

spacer.png

Why are you so corrupt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you run your entire reelection campaign on attacking your opponents with absolutely no policy and no platform, then you should be ready to expect a lot of scrutiny

  • Trump 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

 

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

 

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...