LiterateStylish

PFT: Bills are headed for the playoffs, and an early exit from them

18 minutes ago, jayhall93 said:

If our team could click in all 3 phases in one game that would help 

Way to early to get hot and make a run..we need to revisit this in week 14 or 15. 

The Bills seemed to play their best football later in the season last year. Maybe that’s what we’ll see this year. Regardless, they’re still 6-2, they’ve beaten good teams and their two losses came against two of the AFC’s best teams. Let’s see how they play Seattle. 

4 hours ago, seandelevan said:

And if they do...it’s the beginning of the McMarvin Lewis Cincy Bills era. 

There are reasons why I was not happy with the Bills letting Philips and those 10 sacks of his walk and nor was I thrilled to see Star sitting out.  I respect Star for that because COVID is not something you want to fuck around with, its quite possible that its affecting Cam's game as he does not seem as sharp as he used to be.  That said we are without four starters from last year, and its drastically and negatively impacting the play of the rest of the team.  Its sort of like 1991 where Bruce Smith, Leon Seals, Ray Bentley, and Leonard Smith missed lots of playing time.  The difference between the 1991 Bills and the 2020 Bills is the offense lacks a JIm Kelly and Thurman Thomas.  Allen is proving that he is an above average QB who will always get you to the dance but never to the big date.  The same is true for Singletary.  Anyways, not having four starters from last year and not locking in Philips was a horrendous decision.  As for Tre White, part of it is a nagging back injury but like Marcel Dareus he suffers Albert Haynesworth Syndrome in that he was good until he got paid and now he doesn't give a shit anymore.  So yeah being down 4 starters on D, having Edmunds and Milano injured, and White not giving a shit, and a bad defensive scheme is going to cost this team a shot at a championship.  Hopefully we can fix some of this in the off season because if we aren't in a position to win it all in 2021 we are not going to do so with this coaching staff or this QB.  The worst case scenario is Allen goes to the Pats and Bellichick builds a winner around him.

• Thanks 1

I mean, it makes sense. This team feels just like last year, just switch the offense being a huge burden to the defense.

This week will tell a lot. If we can keep it close or win, I will think they can win a playoff game or two. If they look completely outmatched...then who knows if we even make the playoffs.

Either way, these McDermott teams just feel like they have a ceiling. Those late 90s Bills teams had road Wild Card games, but you always felt like they could get hot and beat anyone. I felt that way about the 2004 team too that missed the playoffs. This team just feels like one that could never, under virtually any circumstances, go into KC or Pittsburgh or Baltimore and steal a playoff game.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Thurmal said:

I mean, it makes sense. This team feels just like last year, just switch the offense being a huge burden to the defense.

This week will tell a lot. If we can keep it close or win, I will think they can win a playoff game or two. If they look completely outmatched...then who knows if we even make the playoffs.

Either way, these McDermott teams just feel like they have a ceiling. Those late 90s Bills teams had road Wild Card games, but you always felt like they could get hot and beat anyone. I felt that way about the 2004 team too that missed the playoffs. This team just feels like one that could never, under virtually any circumstances, go into KC or Pittsburgh or Baltimore and steal a playoff game.

One major difference, that 2004 squad does not beat Oak . . . fucking Las Vegas fucking Raiders . . . find a place to call home and stay there already. . . . the Rams, and the Pats.  I know the Pats are sloppy this year but that 2004 loses to them too (see the Pittsburgh game if you don't believe me).  McD's teams win fugly.  Its just what they do.  If they ever get a year where the O and the D play up to potential they are gonna be unstoppable.  As it is they are excruciatingly inconsistent.  Part of this is coaching, part of it is injury, part of it is strength of schedule, but these guys I think they could steal a playoff win, but until they figure out how to put it all together they are not getting past the divisional round.

• Thanks 1

I hope they somehow can play better offense again and do a lot better on defense or Miami will probably win the division. I thought the Bills D would be as good as how Miami is playing.

4 minutes ago, bv said:

I hope they somehow can play better offense again and do a lot better on defense or Miami will probably win the division. I thought the Bills D would be as good as how Miami is playing.

The Dolphins are tough, but do not worry me too much yet.  Tuna looks extremely unpolished.  Could be good, could be a bust, but I am far from sold on them yet.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Herodotus said:

The Dolphins are tough, but do not worry me too much yet.  Tuna looks extremely unpolished.  Could be good, could be a bust, but I am far from sold on them yet.

Agreed. 

That game they won vs the Rams was a one in a hundred thing. Rams dominated from start to finish. Dolphins just got the 2 non offensive touchdowns that flipped the whole thing. 

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

4 hours ago, Thurmal said:

We were the same record at this point last year too... I didn't think we'd get to the playoffs at the beginning of this season because of a tougher schedule this season. I'm still unsure and celibacy is not my kinda thing...

15 hours ago, Thurmal said:

I think that's more b/c of Allen than McDermott.  It's time for Josh Allen to play great against a good team.  He never has.  

They gave him Brown, Beasley, and Diggs.  Now go out there and throw for 300 and a few TDs against a couple of teams in this stretch and win us some games.  Otherwise, what are we doing here?  If the next two weeks he puts up a few more 175-215 yard performances it's going to really piss me off.  Only Kirk Cousins has failed to top 300 yards against them.  

Of course, this week they get Adams back and then add Dunlap who will be fired up for the first time in years.  I can totally see Adams making all kinds of plays against us, Allen looking like a scared cat back there, and the announcers saying, "Adams is what's been missing from this defense all year blah blah blah".  Sorry, but no part of me sees Josh Allen playing any better than just okay this week.    

15 hours ago, bv said:

6-2 vs 4-3 overall.

4-0 vs 1-2 in the division.

Buffalo won the first matchup.

The Bills would have to really **** up and Miami would have to go on a roll for them to take the division. The Bills will win the AFCE.

You are correct about the D. They have been very disappointing this year.