Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Legs

Dallas DE Everson Griffen is available for trade....any interest?

Report: Cowboys make DE Everson Griffen available in trade talks

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported Monday that the Cowboys have made four-time Pro Bowl defensive end Everson Griffen available in the trade market.

In seven games this season, Griffen has 20 tackles, three tackles for a loss and two and a half sacks.

Is he a fit for the Bills? Do we focus on DT help instead?

IMO Just because we had some Defensive success against the Jets, that doesn't mean our previous defensive struggles are over.

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

The first question we need to ask with any possible addition is can we afford him? We're running out of cap space to add a solid player and unfortunately it's too late to cut Murphy and save 8 million against the cap.

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets............

2 hours ago, The Chosen said:

The first question we need to ask with any possible addition is can we afford him? We're running out of cap space to add a solid player and unfortunately it's too late to cut Murphy and save 8 million against the cap.

We can afford him this year, for sure.   His remaining cap hit this year is probably $3 million.    Then he is a UFA, so there is no Cap Hit next year.

And, if he left the Bills and signed with another team in 2021, we might accrue some points towards getting a comp pick.  Kinda of a New England Patriots move...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Chosen said:

He costs only costs 1.5 mil I believe.

If we can’t afford him then we pretty much can’t afford anybody.

• Thanks 1

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

Go for it. The guy has to be better than some of the stiffs playing there now.  Losing Star was huge.

5 hours ago, hannibal said:

Go for it. The guy has to be better than some of the stiffs playing there now.  Losing Star was huge.

Lmao huge only in size. The guy couldn’t play

• Thanks 1

If they wanted him, they could have signed him in the summer when he would have just cost money. I don't see it happening 

16 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

He costs only costs 1.5 mil I believe.

If we can’t afford him then we pretty much can’t afford anybody.

We don't have a lot of space, but I am sure we have $5 million to play with for the remainder of 2020...

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

Yup. Then let him walk and potentially get the comp pick.

Patriots would do that.    

I hope we do sign a DLinemen here at the TradeDeadline.   DT is first choice, but a DE that gets after the QB is a plus.

Then if the player we trade for leaves, hopefully we get a comp pick back a year later.

24 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

We don't have a lot of space, but I am sure we have $5 million to play with for the remainder of 2020...

I want to say last time I went spotrac or one of those sites, they had 4.6 million. The chiefs had like 6 before bell. Thats why I figured we wouldn't get him lol

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

1 minute ago, Crazy Legs said:

Patriots would do that.    

I hope we do sign a DLinemen here at the TradeDeadline.   DT is first choice, but a DE that gets after the QB is a plus.

Then if the player we trade for leaves, hopefully we get a comp pick back a year later.

We need a NT more than Edge at this point. I would imagine we could find one for cheap.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

Lions got him for a sixth round pick

“Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group.  But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides.  You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures you did.  You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name. I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.” 

Only the second sentence is ever uttered by US hating libtards.

Why the hell wouldn't you make that trade?

1 hour ago, DeRokerij said:

Lions got him for a sixth round pick

A 6th?   For someone that could sack the QB about 7-8 times the rest of our season?    No, we don't need that.....Jeez.

• Thanks 1