Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Legs

Breaking down Tyler Bass.....what should the Bills do regarding our Place Kicker

Of course we all know Tyler missed 2 kicks on Sunday...yet making 6 FGs, so he was 6 of 8 or 75%.

How does that compare to his college career?  Tyler was 79.4% in college (54 of 68 FGs).  My quick assumption is that he will never be a 85% kicker....

What are his Pluses.   He does have a strong leg, so he does have a chance of making those 50+ yard FGs.    Also most of his kickoffs are deep resulting in a lot of touchbacks.

Do we roll with Tyler, knowing their will be some misses as the rookie builds up his mettle?
What is the most we can expect from him long term in respect to accuracy?
Does his strong leg make up for a lower accuracy?
What would you do if you were Beane?  

Something to keep in mind.  The Buffalo Bills drafted K Gary Anderson out of Syracuse back in the day.   Anderson missed a few kicks in preseason his rookie year,  and the Bills decided to cut him before the regular season even starter.   Of course Gary Anderson went on to have a long NFL career, including making the ProBowl 4 times.

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

Given that McD praised him yesterday and said it was a great outing I'd say he's not going anywhere.

Gary Anderson is a good example, also Dustin Hopkins whom the Bills drafted a few seasons back was cut after a couple misses and went on to become a steady NFL kicker. I'm all for rolling with him this year just to see if he can overcome whatever it is that is hurting him. Did anyone notice Bass trash talking the Jets sideline after his last make? After missing 2 fg's and still having the balls to trash talk, that impressed me a little bit. 

• Thanks 2

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets............

I'm fine with the Bills sticking with Bass but if a proven, solid kicker becomes available I'd like to see the Bills go after him.  :niterider:

• Thanks 1

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

The leg is there. He just doesn't seem to have a routine nailed down IMO. He looks different on each kick. Yesterday was the 1st time I actually thought he had started to get into a rhythm and then he missed the 37 yarder. 

I'm getting tired of this shit. Luckily we haven't needed him to hit a game winner. But is anyone here honestly confident he could go out there and nail say a 46 yard kick in the final seconds ? 

• Thanks 1

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

15 minutes ago, Victor7 said:

I'm getting tired of this shit. Luckily we haven't needed him to hit a game winner. But is anyone here honestly confident he could go out there and nail say a 46 yard kick in the final seconds ? 

I'd put some money down on him.  He's 5 of 6 at that range.  :niterider:

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

5 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

Of course we all know Tyler missed 2 kicks on Sunday...yet making 6 FGs, so he was 6 of 8 or 75%.

How does that compare to his college career?  Tyler was 79.4% in college (54 of 68 FGs).  My quick assumption is that he will never be a 85% kicker....

What are his Pluses.   He does have a strong leg, so he does have a chance of making those 50+ yard FGs.    Also most of his kickoffs are deep resulting in a lot of touchbacks.

Do we roll with Tyler, knowing their will be some misses as the rookie builds up his mettle?
What is the most we can expect from him long term in respect to accuracy?
Does his strong leg make up for a lower accuracy?
What would you do if you were Beane?  

Something to keep in mind.  The Buffalo Bills drafted K Gary Anderson out of Syracuse back in the day.   Anderson missed a few kicks in preseason his rookie year,  and the Bills decided to cut him before the regular season even starter.   Of course Gary Anderson went on to have a long NFL career, including making the ProBowl 4 times.

Leave him alone. Or, I just read that george allen would have several players watch the kicker close up in practice and offer observations.

He def has a an odd kicking style, straight on

“Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group.  But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides.  You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures you did.  You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name. I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.” 

Only the second sentence is ever uttered by US hating libtards.

12 minutes ago, nealpellecchia@yahoo said:

Leave him alone. Or, I just read that george allen would have several players watch the kicker close up in practice and offer observations.

He doesn't seem to lack confidence or have the yips......I would go the entire year with Tyler at kicker.    (Unless he misses like 6-7 kicks in a row)

He was 79% in college.  That is what I would expect him to stabilize at as the season goes along.

• Like 1

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

At least he redeemed himself, it looked like I kicked the first one. Maybe we have terrible coaching.

If you remove his 3 misses from dipshit punter going laces in he looks much better. 

that said, I still think he’s a bottom of the league kicker. You can’t be a contender and figuring out your kicker mid season. But what else is truly out there?

I read somewhere that some of his misses were from Bojo giving him laces. 

Why do they call it tourist season if you can't hunt them?

He is a rookie.  Going to be fine.  I would go with him minimum 2-3 years to see.

Annoy a liberal..

Work - Succeed - Be Happy

mj.gif

I may be wrong, but I am never in doubt.....

I'm good with him, kickers are fickle and he can boom it.  Half his misses have been in part because Borq had the laces in.

He was 19-21 his junior year, so he's got the potential to put it together.  I don't think anyone was expecting him to come kn and be Justin Tucker.

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.