Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Won, but almost feels like a loss

Not like a loss but I certainly wasn't as happy as usual after a win. 

At the end we notched up the W which is all that matters But it still left a lot of questions. Specially since we played a shit team. I honestly have no idea what to expect vs NE. This is the best shot we've ever gotten at them and I just don't know what the fuck is gonna happen. 

• Thanks 1

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

I, like many of the posters in this thread, am a great believer in "style points" including huge offensive statistics, highlight reel plays, and large margins of victory.  If a win does not meet all three of these criteria, it is a wasted effort and the fans should indeed treat it as a loss and protest these tainted victories.  

I propose that we "hard core" fans (as opposed to fans who accept such befouled victories with the mantra that a win is a win) petition the league regarding such wins on the basis of "style points."   Maybe our collective voice can be heard by the league bigwigs and that they will not allow these sub-par winning efforts to count in the standings by using some kind of statistical rating that accounts for the style points.  I am sure that will be the wave of the future.

I personally feel cheated that the carefully planned end-zone celebrations of our players have gone to waste on such a lousy victory.  Again, there should be some kind of scoring/rating system that account for these  superbly choreographed routines which will place even more onus on the team to win big.

I cannot put into words how disappointed I am with this victory, this winning season, and the team in general.  We need style points and we need them now.

• Haha 1

I put a spell on you.

7 hours ago, Klaista said:

I don't care what our record is can we just admit this team sucks?

No this team does not suck.....Dallas sucks...Washington sucks.....NYG sucks.......we are what we are...a fairly above average (in some games) team..thats all....problem is everyone here excepts this team to be the best in the league week in week out.....right now that is not this team at all......We are not at the level of teams like KC-GB-Seattle or even now TB for example....we do however get lucky at times and get a win against teams like these.....

• Thanks 1

Feels like we are in 1st place in the AFC East after 7 weeks, dont care who we played, how we beat them, what their record was. 1st place. 

• Like 1

“Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group.  But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides.  You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures you did.  You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name. I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.” 

Only the second sentence is ever uttered by US hating libtards.

The best team in the NFC East is 2-4-1, lol

“Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group.  But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides.  You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures you did.  You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name. I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.” 

Looking back the game wasn't as bad as initially thought.

The defense planned for Adam Gase play calling and then as it turns out he turned that over so they had to adjust. Which they did, as evidenced by the fact of the Jets' 190 total yards, something like 124 of them were in the first quarter. The Bills' defense allowed 4 yards in the entire 2nd half.

As for the TDs, even not counting the Kroft stumble there was also another TD taken away because Davis was lined up a foot behind where he should have.

1 hour ago, theAteam said:

Looking back the game wasn't as bad as initially thought.

The defense planned for Adam Gase play calling and then as it turns out he turned that over so they had to adjust. Which they did, as evidenced by the fact of the Jets' 190 total yards, something like 124 of them were in the first quarter. The Bills' defense allowed 4 yards in the entire 2nd half.

As for the TDs, even not counting the Kroft stumble there was also another TD taken away because Davis was lined up a foot behind where he should have.

Nah, Sean has called season already.

I liked how the defense stepped up in the second half. All field goals  and no punting is just bizarre though.

Just beat the damn Pats! You know what they are going to do on offense, pound Bulkhead. Can we stop it? Their D looks pretty good except yesterday they got pushed around.