LiterateStylish

Another pass rusher traded. Bills still silent.

1 hour ago, Thurmal said:

Jordan Phillips had 9.5, and Shaq Lawson was second with 6.5. Yikes. 

Ouch.

So we let both of our best pass rushers walk.

And replaced with older depth veterans.

Cool.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

44 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Ouch.

Cool.

Not defending Beane, but I believe he truly wanted to get better or equivalent players to Jordan Phillips and Shaq in Free Agency.  Within budget.  It just didn't fall our way. 

And of course he went for another DLineman in the draft by using our first pick on AJ Epenesa, to further try to cover.   

Really thought we were going Jeremy Chinn, S with our 2nd round pick, and was hoping for that.   I was surprised we didn't draft him. He was BPA to me.
FYI.     Jeremy Chinn is on Pace to Win DROY. 
Through the first six games of the regular season, Chinn has done nothing but play at an extremely high level and make plays all over the field. He is on pace for making 128 tackles.

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

Ouch.

Cool.

I mean we did grab Addison who's last 4 seasons 9.5, 11, 9, 9.5 sacks...we probably were hoping he'd come in and compliment Hughes' style of great PRWR and no QB hits

3 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

He had 10 sacks last year. I think that’s more than anyone had on the Bills last year. Please correct me if I’m wrong, as I’m going by memory.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/23/giants-trade-markus-golden-to-cardinals/

Beanie needs to throw the fans a new toy even if it's from a thrift store . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazy Legs said:

Not defending Beane, but I believe he truly wanted to get better or equivalent players to Jordan Phillips and Shaq in Free Agency.  Within budget.  It just didn't fall our way. 

And of course he went for another DLineman in the draft by using our first pick on AJ Epenesa, to further try to cover.   

Really thought we were going Jeremy Chinn, S with our 2nd round pick, and was hoping for that.   I was surprised we didn't draft him. He was BPA to me.
FYI.     Jeremy Chinn is on Pace to Win DROY. 
Through the first six games of the regular season, Chinn has done nothing but play at an extremely high level and make plays all over the field. He is on pace for making 128 tackles.

That just doesn’t make much sense to me.

He wanted to get better players for less money?

Thats not usually how the free market works...

48 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

I mean we did grab Addison who's last 4 seasons 9.5, 11, 9, 9.5 sacks...we probably were hoping he'd come in and compliment Hughes' style of great PRWR and no QB hits

He’s been fine to be honest.

Not sure why we paid him more money to get the same production as Phillips had last year, but...

18 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

That just doesn’t make much sense to me.

He wanted to get better players for less money?

Thats not usually how the free market works...

Didn't  mean to imply he wanted equal players for less money.

I think Beane/McDermott wanted equal or BETTER players than Shaq, etc, on within reason contracts.

I am sure there were many players they tried to sign, yet we ended up with Quinton,  Vernon Butler, Bryan Cox, etc.

On the other hand Beane pulled off an aggressive trade to get Stefon Diggs, which has worked out great.  He also drafted Gabriel Davis in the 4th round, and that looks like a hit.

Nice pickups/signings include OT Daryl Williams,  DT Justin Zimmer and FB Reggie Gilliam.

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?