Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

At least one team is trying to get better - Ravens trade for Pro-Bowler Yannick Ngakoue

Only cost them a 3rd and a 5th.

Yannick has 5 sacks, 12 tackles and 2 Forced Fumbles in 6 games.

He is on pace for 13 sacks and 5 Forced Fumbles this year.

Beaney ... you awake?

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

Yup, I know what the excuse will be: well we wouldn't realistically be able to keep him long term. 

So instead of going for it this year and paying very little to do so, they sit on their hands and watch a team go out and do the things they should be doing.

And were we in the mix?

PS Why did the Vikings trade to get him, and now trade him away?  Weird.

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

I’ve given up thinking that this team really wants to win a championship

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

21 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

And were we in the mix?

PS Why did the Vikings trade to get him, and now trade him away?  Weird.

Because the Vikings suck and are trying to get draft capital back.

1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

I'd trade a 3rd and 5th for a one year rental.

Honestly.

Let's look at our recent 3rd and 5th round choices

2020: Moss and Bass - I'd trade both for a Pro Bowl DE who gets sacks and forces fumbles.

2019: Knox and Vosean (cut) - I'd trade both for a Pro Bowl DE who gets sacks and forces fumbles.

2018: Phillips (benched last game) and Neal - I'd trade both for a Pro Bowl DE who gets sacks and forces fumbles.

I'd do it in a heartbeat, I already know that's the excuse they're gonna use if asked about it though. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

Honestly.

2020: Moss and Bass - I'd trade both for a Pro Bowl DE who gets sacks and forces fumbles.

2019: Knox and Vosean (cut) - I'd trade both for a Pro Bowl DE who gets sacks and forces fumbles.

2018: Phillips (benched last game) and Neal - I'd trade both for a Pro Bowl DE who gets sacks and forces fumbles.

Damn this really puts it in perspective.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But he never played for Carolina, so.....

• Haha 1

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets............

We don't have the cap money to trade for him... next!

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

I'm surprised the Bills aren't doing anything.What do they have to say for themselves?

Bills only have 3.6 - 4 mil in cap space depending on which site you use. Ngakoue's cap hit is 5.1 Mil at Sporatic and 12mil at over the cap so I don't think they could have afforded him. 

Just my 2 Cents

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"It's time for the Jedi to end." - Luke Skywalker: Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

''We will always be with you. No one's ever really gone.'' - Luke Skywalker Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

#Cup or Bust 2020 #Bowl or Bust 2020

15 minutes ago, daryls61 said:

Bills only have 3.6 - 4 mil in cap space depending on which site you use. Ngakoue's cap hit is 5.1 Mil at Sporatic and 12mil at over the cap so I don't think they could have afforded him. 

1 hour ago, SackMan518 said:

We don't have the cap money to trade for him... next!

Going into today, the Ravens only had 1 more million of cap space than the Bills.

Stop talking out of your butts 😂

Teams can make cap space by moving contracts around quite easily.

Ps, if the Bills were actually worried about cap space, they wouldn’t have cut Spain which created a $4 million dead money cap hit.

Over the cap shows the Ravens with 4.9 mil in cap space without Ngakoue's contract so the probably could have found 200k somewhere to take on the 5.1 mil but the Bills would have had to find between 1 and 1.4 mil so doable but bot quite as easy. Also, tough to say what this would do down the road for resigning players or if any player would actually renegotiate to give the Bills space. 

If you can find the money and want to give up a 3rd and a 5th for a rental, maybe. There has to be a reason 2 teams got rid of this guy though. Just seems odd. 

I wonder if they could get Watt out of Houston. He has term left so I think you could extend him. There h

Just my 2 Cents

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"It's time for the Jedi to end." - Luke Skywalker: Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

''We will always be with you. No one's ever really gone.'' - Luke Skywalker Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

9 minutes ago, daryls61 said:

Over the cap shows the Ravens with 4.9 mil in cap space without Ngakoue's contract so the probably could have found 200k somewhere to take on the 5.1 mil but the Bills would have had to find between 1 and 1.4 mil so doable but bot quite as easy. Also, tough to say what this would do down the road for resigning players or if any player would actually renegotiate to give the Bills space. 

If you can find the money and want to give up a 3rd and a 5th for a rental, maybe. There has to be a reason 2 teams got rid of this guy though. Just seems odd. 

I wonder if they could get Watt out of Houston. He has term left so I think you could extend him. There h

That’s not how it works.

The Ravens will have several million leftover AFTER adding Yannick’s contract.

Ill try to bump this thread in a few days to show you.

Vikings got rid of him because they didn’t expect to be 1-5 or whatever they are.

They figure let’s get some draft picks while we can and rebuild.

As for the Jags, they’re trading everybody.

Could be. Over the cap doesnt have him added yet. Sporadic does and shows Ravens at - 6mil in cap space. I would think the cap hit would only the the salary that was left to be paid. I honesty don't know how it works with trades. 

Still - 2 teams gave up on the guy so something doesn't seem right. A 3rd and a 5th is a good haul for the Vikings so I don't blame them for making the deal. 

Just my 2 Cents

On 10/22/2020 at 11:16 AM, LiterateStylish said:

Honestly.

Trading for an established player - You know what you are getting.  Quite frankly it is a good strategy at times.  

While the Draft is a crap shoot.   Consider 2nd round picks like Cyrus Kouandjio, Zay Jones, Reggie Ragland, Cody Ford or AJ Epenesa.  
And that is the 2nd round.  It is even more of a crap shoot with later rounds.

Trade a 3rd round pick for Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Giants plus their 6th or 7th round pick.

You get a proven player, in exchange for taking on the risk of losing him to Free Agency.   But the Culture in Buffalo is strong, so re-signing Tomlinson is doable.

• Thanks 1

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?