Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

I actually think the defense was fine - the running was by design

We held KC to 26 points. Holy hell score 28. It isnt like we are not capable of that. 

• Thanks 1

Just my 2 Cents

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"It's time for the Jedi to end." - Luke Skywalker: Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

''We will always be with you. No one's ever really gone.'' - Luke Skywalker Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

#Cup or Bust 2020 #Bowl or Bust 2020

I’ll see where you’re going with that except for one problem, and those were the big games that Kansas City got when the defense needed to stop them the most. I’m pretty sure coaching did not tell them to suck at tackling. Or to get completely manhandled on the line of scrimmage.

I also think the weather had more to do with Kansas City only getting 26 points than the Buffalo defense.

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Lit is partly correct, the bills played heavy coverage because the passing attack of KC is very good.  However, it shows our front four are not good enough to get the job done.  They were getting blown off the line.  We need to upgrade the DT position....Oliver maybe decent on pass rushing but he is not able to hold against the double team.  He is extremely susceptible to draws as well.  If they were going to play heavy pass defense...should of put fat DT's to stop the run.  

As for Offense, well Spain, Felciano and now Ford are out.  I think our Guards are a big reason our run game has died!

• Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 6:35 PM, Sucked In Again said:

You're kidding yourself if you think the defense played fine. Andy Reid did not even attempt to unleash his weapons as he realized they were in complete control. KC's passing offense wasn't even used. If the game would have ever been in question Mahommes would have marched them right down the field. Additionally what was up with the 2 unsportsman like penalties against our prized D players Poyer & White, no discipline. The way our D is playing Miami deserves to win the division, at least they play with heart compared to Buffalo's lackadaisical D.

Mahomes looked like the Superbowl mahomes in that last kc drive finding open receivers. We looked like our Superbowl loosing self.

I was thinking about this during the game. Earlier in the day on WGR Sal was talking about SuperBowl 25 and how Belichick handled the Bills. The Giants had not allowed a 100 yard rusher during the season that year. Belichick made the conscious decision to allow Thurman to gain yards in chunks in order to slow down the quick strike offense that the Bills were known for. That kept it a low scoring game and gave the Giants a chance to win. That was fresh in my mind and thought maybe the Bills were doing the same. Didn't quite work out though.

On 10/19/2020 at 6:35 PM, Sucked In Again said:

You're kidding yourself if you think the defense played fine. Andy Reid did not even attempt to unleash his weapons as he realized they were in complete control. KC's passing offense wasn't even used. If the game would have ever been in question Mahommes would have marched them right down the field. Additionally what was up with the 2 unsportsman like penalties against our prized D players Poyer & White, no discipline. The way our D is playing Miami deserves to win the division, at least they play with heart compared to Buffalo's lackadaisical D.

Wait... you mean to tell me a professional football team didn't play their strength and utilize their star, million-dollar players because "they knew they were in control???" What sense does that make? What, they felt really bad for the Bills, so they decided to take it easy on them? Maybe they felt like more points would have made them look like big meanies and they didn't want to be called big meanies. Maybe it's like Fezzik from the Princess Bride, "I just want you to feel you're doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed."

BarlowBrewing on Twitter: "I just want you to feel you are doing well  http://t.co/IbZsXrziwT"

Dude. Ridiculous.

No, this is all in good fun...I would never say this to your face...well, okay, but I'd say it with a smile

Definitely one of the most innovative defensive performances that I have witnessed.  The Bills encouraged the Chiefs to run the ball down our throats by playing weak run defense to keep the ball our of the hands of Mahomes.  You could see how gassed the Chiefs offense was near the end of the game after we forced them to keep the ball for 37 minutes. 

• Haha 1

I put a spell on you.

On 10/19/2020 at 9:09 PM, LiterateStylish said:

I think a lot of that was by design.

They held them to 26 points.

That’s all you can ask for from your defense against the best offense in the NFL.

Only ONE (1) team in their the Chiefs last 13 games have kept them under 26 points.

One... in 13b

They scored 26 on the Patriots defense too.

I believe McD purposefully put a small line on the field and let the Chiefs do some damage in the running game, because that takes the ball out of Mahomes hands and also slows the game down:

And as far as points go... it worked.

I agree and I applaud it. 

We lost because of our shitty offense.  Our QB wilted under the spotlight and our OC wasn't able to help him enough.  Case closed.  

On 10/20/2020 at 7:52 PM, daryls61 said:

We held KC to 26 points. Holy hell score 28. It isnt like we are not capable of that. 

Wrong.  We aren't capable of that in games that matter against good teams.  Not yet at least.  

On 10/19/2020 at 9:44 PM, Sucked In Again said:

Disagree, Reid would have been able to score at will if needed. He was content using the clock running the ball. Mahommes strength is utilizing his passing game and only attempted 26 passes. Trent Edwards could have handed the ball off as well as Mahommes did in this game.

That's the point.  Trent Edwards offenses score 20-24 points in a game.  Pat Mahommes offenses score 40-44.  

McDermott is many things but he doesn't seem to be a bull shitter.  He said in his post game that it was "pick your poison" and they chose to sell out to stop the pass.  That said, I'm sure they were hoping to play the run better than they did, but they found themselves in a one score game late in the 4th quarter.  

If the offense shows up, scores 31 points, the world would be calling McDermott a genius for what he did defensively.  Like Lit said, holding KC to 26 points is a really solid outing.  

Not sure if I agree with this Defensive Strategy.  Objective of the defense is to stop the offense from getting points and to force the offense to turn the ball over.  If they really wanted to commit to a pass heavy defense, they should of put their best run defense DT's to stop the run and DE's to apply pressure.  I think Bills need to find a space eater to hold the point of attack against the run.  Some big 340lb NT or DT....Else we are going to be a turn style to running backs