Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Horrible coaching decisions by McD

1) The Bass miss. Instead of making your rookie kicker run out there with the play clock ticking down and attempt to rush a 52 yard kick to tie the game, a wise coach calls a timeout there. You had 2 left. Call a timeout, let the rookie calmly walk out onto the field. Maybe even try a test kick. Then calmly, with plenty of time and no rushing, kick the damn field goal. This is basic smart coaching.

2) You score a TD to pull within 7 in the 4th quarter. You have two choices:

a) Kick the extra point and make it a 6 point game. ANY score by the Chiefs makes it a 9 point, two-score game and that ends it.

b) Go for two. If you get it, even if the Chiefs get a field goal, you still have a shot as it’s just an 8 point game.

The choice is OBVIOUS! You go for two. It makes no damn sense to kick the extra point. 

• Thanks 1

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

He’s the best coach the Bills have had in 20 years. That’s not saying much. I’m ashamed to say I bought in. Now, he looks like his ceiling is Marvin Lewis.

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

He was just asked that question about going for 2. 

Scoffed at the reporter...saying something to the effect of “I ain’t got no crystal ball”

miserable that 70s show GIF

I have never seen a team ice its own kicker.

• Thanks 1

Just my 2 Cents

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"It's time for the Jedi to end." - Luke Skywalker: Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

''We will always be with you. No one's ever really gone.'' - Luke Skywalker Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

#Cup or Bust 2020 #Bowl or Bust 2020

19 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

He was just asked that question about going for 2. 

Scoffed at the reporter...saying something to the effect of “I ain’t got no crystal ball”

You don’t need a crystal ball!

Go for 1 ... ANY score by Chiefs wins the game.

Go for 2 ... nothing changes if you miss it. If you make it, a field goal doesn’t end the game!

Wow! Cant believe he thinks he needs a crystal ball for that.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, daryls61 said:

I have never seen a team ice its own kicker.

1) I don’t believe that icing a kicker is a thing.

2) Yea you have. It happens every single week. A team drives into field goal range with seconds left, calls a timeout, and then the kicker comes out to win the game, tie the game, whatever. Literally. Every. Week.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LiterateStylish said:

You don’t need a crystal ball!

Go for 1 ... ANY score by Chiefs wins the game.

Go for 2 ... nothing changes if you miss it. If you make it, a field goal doesn’t end the game!

Wow! Cant believe he thinks he needs a crystal ball for that.

This is what happens when your coach has a defensive mindset.

miserable that 70s show GIF

So if we go for 2, miss it, defense gets the ball back and we score we just tie, right? Wouldn't you rather have a chance to win if we get a stop rather than just tie the game?

• Thanks 1

Just my 2 Cents

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"It's time for the Jedi to end." - Luke Skywalker: Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

''We will always be with you. No one's ever really gone.'' - Luke Skywalker Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

15 minutes ago, daryls61 said:

So if we go for 2, miss it, defense gets the ball back and we score we just tie, right? Wouldn't you rather have a chance to win if we get a stop rather than just tie the game?

On a night when the defense wasn’t stopping the Chiefs, how can that possibly be the assumption?

• Thanks 1

Yea I can see that, and I like our chances on a 2pt due to Allens running ability. 

• Thanks 2

Just my 2 Cents

14 hours ago, daryls61 said:

Yea I can see that, and I like our chances on a 2pt due to Allens running ability. 

Yep.

15 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

1) The Bass miss. Instead of making your rookie kicker run out there with the play clock ticking down and attempt to rush a 52 yard kick to tie the game, a wise coach calls a timeout there. You had 2 left. Call a timeout, let the rookie calmly walk out onto the field. Maybe even try a test kick. Then calmly, with plenty of time and no rushing, kick the damn field goal. This is basic smart coaching.

a) Kick the extra point and make it a 6 point game. ANY score by the Chiefs makes it a 9 point, two-score game and that ends it.

b) Go for two. If you get it, even if the Chiefs get a field goal, you still have a shot as it’s just an 8 point game.

The choice is OBVIOUS! You go for two. It makes no damn sense to kick the extra point. 

Yes !

Agreed on both. But the 2nd one was more egregious IMO. Was he asked about it after the game ? Genuinely curios as to what he said ? Did he even realize it ?

First one was bad but Bass misses that one even with 5 time outs and 10 practice kicks. The guy sucks. 

• Thanks 1

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Just read that he got all cute with the crystal ball comment. 

To me that says he didn't even realize it. Honestly. I don't think anyone told him or that it even crossed his mind. That's just terrible. 

• Thanks 1

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

On 10/19/2020 at 7:28 PM, LiterateStylish said:

at the time I thought the thinking was kick extra point to get it to a 6 pt game. Then stop KC, get ball back, score TD, kick extra point, win by one.

cba fan

1 hour ago, cba fan said:

at the time I thought the thinking was kick extra point to get it to a 6 pt game. Then stop KC, get ball back, score TD, kick extra point, win by one.

I’m sure that was the thinking.

Except stopping Mahomes in the 4th quarter is next to impossible.

So I’m hoping our coach starts making decisions in reality rather than fantasy.

• Like 1