Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Allen has been figured out

Good breakdown here. He made some good decisions but was clearly rattled and never recovered.

The next step in his development will need to be learning to recover when rattled early. He's a head case and unlike his other issues this one is tough to work on in the offseason. Hopefully more live action experience will help.

On 10/19/2020 at 10:00 PM, LiterateStylish said:

No.

That same line was plenty physical last year...

Umm, no the line is 3/5 different.  Only two players from last year playing their current position is Dawkins at LT and Morris at C.  Ford and Nysecke played RT last year.  Spain played LG and Feliciano played RG.  This year we have Dawnkins, Ford, Morris, Winters, Williams.  I am starting to think Ford is nothing but a depth guard.  For a second round pick he is not showing that he is a dominating guard.  I also don't think Winters is good either.  I mean he played for the Jets and their line sucked.  Personally I think Feliciano was the run cog next to Morris.  I think he had the nasty element to run block that the other guys are missing.  When you have a road grinding guard it forces the LB to fill that gap...thus leaving the other gap open.  I think that is why Singletary was decent.  Take away Felicano and well no push!

On 10/21/2020 at 10:16 AM, LiterateStylish said:

Spain is a backup, and Ford was moved because he wasn't effective.

The ONLY point you have is that Feliciano is out.

And Winters is better at run blocking than pass blocking.

Almost everything that you wrote is wrong.

lol....uhh  no.  Spain was the starting LG last year

Ford was the RT w/Nysecki

RG last year was Felciano   these are all true and not up for debate.  Thus it is really simple here:  I am correct in my statement and you are wrong.

The point is you are incorrect in your statement "That same line was pretty physical last year"  

Winters ability to pass block vs run block is debate worthy...I personally think he is below average to suck at both.

19 minutes ago, Zan186 said:

lol....uhh  no.  Spain was the starting LG last year

Ford was the RT w/Nysecki

RG last year was Felciano   these are all true and not up for debate.  Thus it is really simple here:  I am correct in my statement and you are wrong.

The point is you are incorrect in your statement "That same line was pretty physical last year"  

Winters ability to pass block vs run block is debate worthy...I personally think he is below average to suck at both.

Once again - you’re wrong.

The only player that changed was Spain.

Nsekhe was a backup last year who alternated with Ford for just a few game. He only ended up playing 30% of the offenses snaps.

You’re also completely wrong about Winters. He is OK at run blocking and bad at pass blocking.

Dont quit your day job.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg