Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Allen has been figured out

44 minutes ago, Sucked In Again said:

I don’t think so - the difference has been those teams are more physical than we are . Pure and simple - were built fast and soft - Chiefs and Titans are physical .

Ever think we only run 10 times a game because the line isn't physical enough to open up lanes for the backs?

You've confirmed it makes tons of sense, the replacements for Phillips, Lawson, Lorenzo, Milano, etc. are not up to par. The offensive gains have not made up for the defensive losses. Steelers are well balanced on both sides of the ball and may very well be the SB favorite. I prefer the chances of a well balanced team rather than one dimensional. If you have a one dimensional passing team the chances of being bailed out by the defense is limited, as was evidenced vs KC. 

•  

Very lazy take on your part.

The knock on the Chiefs is that they are NOT a physical team and are build fast.

• Like 1

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

This league and its coaches/players are too damn good. They adapt, they adjust. Allen was money weeks 1-4. Titans and Chiefs found a way to slow him down. Specially Kansas. I still think he didn't do that bad all things considered last week. But the point is that they've adjusted. Now its time for Daboll and Allen to adjust as well. 

It would certainly benefit everyone on the team if the fat ones up front could open up some lanes for the run game. I'm not kidding, I think its one of the worst run games I've seen on the Bills. 

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

57 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Very lazy take on your part.

The knock on the Chiefs is that they are NOT a physical team and are build fast.

Oh yea, there offensive line had a hard time opening up gaping holes against our physical defensive line. Amazing how that fast team kicked the Bills buts all over the field. Just imagine if they were physical, that 8 ypc would be more like 15.

3 minutes ago, Sucked In Again said:

Oh yea, there offensive line had a hard time opening up gaping holes against our physical defensive line. Amazing how that fast team kicked the Bills buts all over the field. Just imagine if they were physical, that 8 ypc would be more like 15.

Which is exactly the point.

It has nothing to do with toughness.

Otherwise, teams would just draft and sign the toughest players.

17 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Both the Titans and the Chiefs (whose defense isn’t great), would show Cover-1 and then move a safety back at the last second.

With 2 safeties deep, cb’s playing zone, and a hard rush ... Allen is having a real hard time figuring out what to do.

On top of that, when he does have time, he is throwing the ball behind guys, over guys heads, at their feet, etc.

A game changing play happened on the first drive. Diggs was streaking on a deep post toward the end zone and Josh completely overthrew him. By about 8 to 10 yards. That’s a TD.

Give us that TD and it’s a 3 point game at the end.

to be fair Diggs also dropped one in the end zone in the 2nd qt. It hit his hands. If he makes that its 10-7 buffalo

Defenses haven't had to protect against Allen running the past few weeks either, allowing them to drop the safeties. Daboll needs to call better plays. I thought for awhile he was going to run Allen more last night, but he didn't stick with it. 

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets............

1 hour ago, toto8 said:

to be fair Diggs also dropped one in the end zone in the 2nd qt. It hit his hands. If he makes that its 10-7 buffalo

The one that Allen threw late and Diggs had to catch while trying to toe tap inbounds?

So you don't think Daboll will coach Allen on this little trick with film study so he can overcome it? I think we basically lost because we sold out on defense to the passing game and got burned by the run and didn't try to pace the offense in the rain with running and short passes.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

2 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

The one that Allen threw late and Diggs had to catch while trying to toe tap inbounds?

Nope watch it again. Allen threw it on time and in a very tight window for only him to catch it and he dropped it. Diggs had both knees on the turf with plenty of room to make the catch. It was Diggs fault.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, toto8 said:

Nope watch it again. Allen threw it on time and in a very tight window for only him to catch it and he dropped it. Diggs had both knees on the turf with plenty of room to make the catch. It was Diggs fault.

Exactly. 

That’s late.

Diggs was open 5 yards before that.

He should have been catching that TD as he crossed the goal line.

Not with his face about to smash the goal post.

If you listen, you’ll hear the announcers say the same thing.

13 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Exactly. 

That’s late.

The announcers also said that Diggs usually makes those catches "like they are routine, you don't see Diggs miss many of those; although the bills in general this year they have had a lot of drops. That was a missed opportunity good job by Allen navigating the pass rush." but whatever. You always find the smallest thing to show everyone "you are right" 

11 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

That makes no sense.

The line is the same.

The defense is totally different.

Were missing Phillips, Lawson, Lorenzo, Milano, etc.

The OL is the same????

Not so sure about that one.

It's not like Mahomes was that impressive last night. Bills took away the deep ball so they lit us up with the run.

Chiefs take away the deep ball and......jack squat from our run game.

And the dropped passes aren't helping either.

9 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Exactly. 

That’s late.

he was not open 5 yards before that, he had to put it there because there was a backside safety...he threw it the only place diggs could make a play on it....DB chopped his arm ever so slightly and it knocked off his hands, not an easy play by any means.  

4 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

he was not open 5 yards before that, he had to put it there because there was a backside safety...he threw it the only place diggs could make a play on it....DB chopped his arm ever so slightly and it knocked off his hands, not an easy play by any means.  

I'll re-watch the play but that's not how I recall it.

4 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Just re-watched again.

I was right.

Allen had 2 opportunities to throw the ball at the right time.

First option) The ball should be thrown right at the goal line. Diggs has the CB and safety split perfectly. See pic below. Red is where the ball should be.

split.png

Second option) Half way into the endzone, Diggs had a step on the safety and a step on the CB. Easier TD.

expectged.png

Another thing I just noticed is that Allen angled that ball toward the left hash, and it ended in the middle.

Which makes no sense, since that is where the safety is.

It should have been thrown to the right hash.

The safety didn't catch up to Diggs until he was half way into the endzone!!!!! If that ball was thrown properly, that's a TD before the safety even arrives.

When Diggs was 6 yards from the endzone, the safety was 13 yards away. See the pic below.

I'm sure even Allen would admit this is on him.

bal.png

shadow.png

On 10/19/2020 at 10:00 PM, LiterateStylish said:

No.

That same line was plenty physical last year...

Actually Q Spain and Feliciano are out of the lineup.  Ford was playing LG and Winters was playing RG.  

Last Year Ford and Ny were playing RT, Q Spain at LG and Feliciano at RG.  Winters is not horrible but he is probably better in pass protection and sucks at opening holes.  Might explain why Bell was not effective in New York.

I am guessing when Felciano comes back and Spain is back at LG....Run game will be much better.

Let's face it the O line is getting no push, thus RB's have little day light to run to

26 minutes ago, Zan186 said:

Actually Q Spain and Feliciano are out of the lineup.  Ford was playing LG and Winters was playing RG.  

Last Year Ford and Ny were playing RT, Q Spain at LG and Feliciano at RG.  Winters is not horrible but he is probably better in pass protection and sucks at opening holes.  Might explain why Bell was not effective in New York.

I am guessing when Felciano comes back and Spain is back at LG....Run game will be much better.

Let's face it the O line is getting no push, thus RB's have little day light to run to

Spain is a backup, and Ford was moved because he wasn't effective.

The ONLY point you have is that Feliciano is out.

And Winters is better at run blocking than pass blocking.

Almost everything that you wrote is wrong.

from this it showing allen looking the entire way and he has to move a bit from pressure to launch, must have been why the throw was late.

diggs did a great job collapsing his body to guarantee if he makes that catch his knees are down in the field of play.  Just missed it.

I think there’s way worse plays to be critical of this game lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

from this it showing allen looking the entire way and he has to move a bit from pressure to launch, must have been why the throw was late.

diggs did a great job collapsing his body to guarantee if he makes that catch his knees are down in the field of play.  Just missed it.

I think there’s way worse plays to be critical of this game lol

I agree.

Once we beat the Jets that will prove that the Bills are for real.  We should crush them 4 - 3.

Throw was late although that might've been due to the fact that Allen was escaping some pressure. Not really sure if he had a chance to unload before. 

That's a tough catch but one that Diggs needs to make.  

• Thanks 1

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Agreed.  Allen has defiantly bee figured out.  He needs to be cut immediately and send in the next man.  He might not be as good, but he might not be figured out.

I put a spell on you.