Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Allen has been figured out

Both the Titans and the Chiefs (whose defense isn’t great), would show Cover-1 and then move a safety back at the last second.

With 2 safeties deep, cb’s playing zone, and a hard rush ... Allen is having a real hard time figuring out what to do.

On top of that, when he does have time, he is throwing the ball behind guys, over guys heads, at their feet, etc.

A game changing play happened on the first drive. Diggs was streaking on a deep post toward the end zone and Josh completely overthrew him. By about 8 to 10 yards. That’s a TD.

Give us that TD and it’s a 3 point game at the end.

• Thanks 1

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

I don’t think so - the difference has been those teams are more physical than we are . Pure and simple - were built fast and soft - Chiefs and Titans are physical .

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Of course. 

Par for the course when it comes to this organization. 

Remember when we thought Trent and JP was the man? Even Fitz? I do. 

Shame.

miserable that 70s show GIF

1 minute ago, jayhall93 said:

I don’t think so - the difference has been those teams are more physical than we are . Pure and simple - were built fast and soft - Chiefs and Titans are physical .

I'd like to argue this point but the fact that we run for like 34 yards a game seems to prove you right.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, seandelevan said:

Of course. 

Par for the course when it comes to this organization. 

Remember when we thought Trent and JP was the man? Even Fitz? I do. 

Shame.

Part of this is on the coaching staff too.  Defenses have adjusted...come up with something else.  

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, jayhall93 said:

That is on defense.

Your comment makes absolutely no sense when it comes to the offense.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo13 said:

I'd like to argue this point but the fact that we run for like 34 yards a game seems to prove you right.  

That’s because we only run 10 times per game. Nothing to do with physicality on offense. It’s just a lazy excuse.

5 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

That is on defense.

Your comment makes absolutely no sense when it comes to the offense.

Yea - fair enough. Allen’s play hasn’t been competitive.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

26 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Both the Titans and the Chiefs (whose defense isn’t great), would show Cover-1 and then move a safety back at the last second.

With 2 safeties deep, cb’s playing zone, and a hard rush ... Allen is having a real hard time figuring out what to do.

On top of that, when he does have time, he is throwing the ball behind guys, over guys heads, at their feet, etc.

A game changing play happened on the first drive. Diggs was streaking on a deep post toward the end zone and Josh completely overthrew him. By about 8 to 10 yards. That’s a TD.

Give us that TD and it’s a 3 point game at the end.

When he wins the MVP you were the first to call it..........after 4 games this year :)

• Like 1

This makes sense and Aikman pointed it out a few times. Going to have to take the short stuff and be patient. Josh has not always been patient though. 

• Thanks 1

Just my 2 Cents

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"It's time for the Jedi to end." - Luke Skywalker: Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

''We will always be with you. No one's ever really gone.'' - Luke Skywalker Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

#Cup or Bust 2020 #Bowl or Bust 2020

Josh Allen forever sucks and there is no  hope.  These two games have spelled his doom.  There is no past evidence that he can have any success in overcoming his limitations. 

We need to either:

1)  Violate every COVID policy and hope the NFL vacates all of our wins.  Then we draft Trevor Lawrence.

or

2)  Petition the CFL to let us join their Western Division as the 10th team in the league.

6 minutes ago, FanBack said:

Josh Allen forever sucks and there is no  hope.  These two games have spelled his doom.  There is no past evidence that he can have any success in overcoming his limitations. 

We need to either:

1)  Violate every COVID policy and hope the NFL vacates all of our wins.  Then we draft Trevor Lawrence.

or

2)  Petition the CFL to let us join their Western Division as the 10th team in the league.

There is something usually magical about Josh but the last 2 games has featured exactly 0 magic.

1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

That’s because we only run 10 times per game. Nothing to do with physicality on offense. It’s just a lazy excuse.

Ever think we only run 10 times a game because the line isn't physical enough to open up lanes for the backs?

13 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

There is something usually magical about Josh but the last 2 games has featured exactly 0 magic.

The only magic in Buffalo was reserved for Fitz.

8 minutes ago, Sucked In Again said:

Ever think we only run 10 times a game because the line isn't physical enough to open up lanes for the backs?

No.

That same line was plenty physical last year...

58 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

No.

That same line was plenty physical last year...

The defense was able to stop teams last year as well. Texans and Pats were a playoff teams last year. Times change.

Simple people.....if we had a top 5 defence like we did last season with our offence we win simple......we have bottom league D now....why on earth i really dont know for the huge difference now....so there it is.......This fucking team its always a mis balance between the two...every fucking year! No balance at all.....We complain of a better offence & QB play and we get it..but our defence now goes to complete shit.....ya we cant have good things....

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

I was being facetious. 

I hated the JA pick at first but decided to give the pros a chance; they got us to the playoffs.  True, it was by chicanery or hook & crook; however no one else in 17 years could do it.  Then I watched some videos of Josh throwing and a Trent Dilfer interview where he was talking about the ridiculous measurables.  75MPH hand speed at the point of release!!

What sold me on him?  Brandon Beane's post-draft press conference where he started with 'they all (2018 QBs) had knocks on them, no one was perfect' and finished with 'he's Buffalo, you'll see'.

But to your point, he'll slump once a year and he'll always need to get into a rhythm.  If you stick with it, 5 of 12 becomes 15 of 24 by the third quarter.  And the YPA go from 2 to 8.  

Going to the run after a misfire will always be a disaster.

As for yesterday's game - if we had competent run blocking, 2 TD passes alone might have been enough for the win.   

SOMEONE!!  GET DEVIN A BLOCK!!

• Like 1

I don't think it's Allen they've figured out, I think it's the anemic O-Line they've figured out and how easily they can be out-muscled. 2 weeks in a row, we've lost the Line of Scrimmage from the start. Allen has had very little protection in both games, unlike the first 4, he had a lot of time to throw. 

What IS on Allen is his head. He seems to fall apart when he makes the first mistake. the INT last week. The entire first drive, this week. 

• Thanks 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

9 hours ago, Sucked In Again said:

The defense was able to stop teams last year as well. Texans and Pats were a playoff teams last year. Times change.

That makes no sense.

The line is the same.

The defense is totally different.

Were missing Phillips, Lawson, Lorenzo, Milano, etc.

47 minutes ago, HipKat said:

I don't think it's Allen they've figured out, I think it's the anemic O-Line they've figured out and how easily they can be out-muscled. 2 weeks in a row, we've lost the Line of Scrimmage from the start. Allen has had very little protection in both games, unlike the first 4, he had a lot of time to throw. 

What IS on Allen is his head. He seems to fall apart when he makes the first mistake. the INT last week. The entire first drive, this week. 

Allen had plenty of damn time.

Not every play, but enough of the plays.

9 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Allen had plenty of damn time.

Not every play, but enough of the plays.

I’m not saying that he never had time to throw, I’m just saying it’s a stark difference from the first four games. And those other games, we were talking in the shout box about how much better the off. line looked this year and the last two games looks like they did before this season.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, I’m just saying that there’s more to the story than just Josh Allen

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

9 minutes ago, HipKat said:

I’m not saying that he never had time to throw, I’m just saying it’s a stark difference from the first four games. And those other games, we were talking in the shout box about how much better the off. line looked this year and the last two games looks like they did before this season.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, I’m just saying that there’s more to the story than just Josh Allen

I mean yeah, there were times in the first four games that he could have made a darn sandwich back there.

He needs to figure out how to throw when he has less time though.

9 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

I mean yeah, there were times in the first four games that he could have made a darn sandwich back there.

He needs to figure out how to throw when he has less time though.

Lol @ Making a sandwich. It’s hard for me to make the excuse that he’s still young but he makes an early mistake, it’s like game over. He comes out firing and he stays on fire in for the whole game

Seek help. soflabillsfan

2 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

That makes no sense.

The line is the same.

The defense is totally different.

Were missing Phillips, Lawson, Lorenzo, Milano, etc.

You've confirmed it makes tons of sense, the replacements for Phillips, Lawson, Lorenzo, Milano, etc. are not up to par. The offensive gains have not made up for the defensive losses. Steelers are well balanced on both sides of the ball and may very well be the SB favorite. I prefer the chances of a well balanced team rather than one dimensional. If you have a one dimensional passing team the chances of being bailed out by the defense is limited, as was evidenced vs KC. 

•