Sign in to follow this  
zanthrax54

Term “Bills Mafia” trademarked by the Buffalo Bills

NFL: Buffalo Bills at Pittsburgh Steelers Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports

A report Friday morning confirmed that the Buffalo Bills have put a trademark application into motion that would allow the team to own the term “Bills Mafia.” It appears from the application that the claim would allow the Bills to sell merchandise and clothing with the famed “Bills Mafia” insignia immediately attached to the team.

The Buffalo Bills have filed a trademark application for BILLS MAFIA.

The application, just filed on October 12th, claims that the team is the owner of the trademark and intends to sell BILLS MAFIA branded clothing.#BillsMafia #BuffaloBills pic.twitter.com/b6CveEpghz

— Josh Gerben (@JoshGerben) October 16, 2020

The application appears to have been filed on October 12, 2020. You can find the official application here.

Many fans and supporters of the “Bills Mafia” expressed their concern for what it would mean for the original founders of the slogan in Del Reid, Breyon Harris, and Leslie Wille (who all at present had still been very actively involved in all things Bills Mafia).

The “Bills Mafia” original founder, Del Reid, all but confirmed the news in a tweet Monday afternoon that the news of a trademark application was true. However, Reid and company appear that they will be working with the Pegulas in some capacity as the slogan takes place with the team officially.

.@PegulaSE & the @BuffaloBills HAVE reached out to us, and is embracing #BillsMafia and all it stands for.

We're looking forward to working with them to ensure that the #BillsMafia community continues to do what it always has done: rally behind the team & support our community.

— Del Reid (@DelReid) October 16, 2020

It is not clear at this time what role Reid, Harris, and Wille will have with the future of Bills Mafia. The Pegulas reaching out to them is a great sign of hope for those who are looking for a happy marriage.

In multiple statements on Friday, Pegula Sports and Entertainment (PSE) executive vice president Ron Raccuia further clarified that the Bills wish to work together with Reid.

“It doesn’t change what they do at all... we’ve told Del we want him to be a part of this. He’s integral to how this gets developed,” Raccuia told The Buffalo News.

Reid owns the company “26 Shirts” that has produced fan-favorite shirts with a “Bills Mafia” theme. The catch being that every shirt purchased results in a charitable donation to a “specified family in need or a charitable organization” according to their website.

Although just recent news, this development seems to be very positive for both parties whether it be the original regime that includes Reid, Harris, and Wille or if it is the Buffalo Bills carrying on this remarkable fan tradition explained here at The Athletic.

Bills Mafia seems to be in very good hands as the brand broadens and new ideas are formulated.

View the full article

The Buffalo Bills....

:rolleyes2

REBUILDING SINCE 2000!

To Fitzpatrick, Levitre, Kelsay, Mcgee, Barnett, Wilson, Jones, Nelson, Rinehart, McIntyre, Merriman, Shepperd, Scott, White, Wanny, and Mr. Chan Gailey...

It was real, it was fun, it just wasn't REAL FUN!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

NEWVILLE MUD DAWGS FEVER BABY! We might not be very good right now, but we have infinite heart! Alot like the Bills! ;) HALLA!

http://www.muddawgsfootball.com

Not cool unless they give a percentage of the merch sales to the original term coiners.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

I think Bills Mafia is the stupidest shit ever and the people who tout it are usually white trash losers

1 hour ago, Thurmal said:

Am I the only one that thinks the whole "Bills Mafia" thing is a little lame?

I feel like it has served its purposed and needs to be retired.  Bills Mafia lifted our spirits when there was no hope.  :niterider:

• Thanks 1

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

1 hour ago, Thurmal said:

Am I the only one that thinks the whole "Bills Mafia" thing is a little lame?

It's pretty dumb imo.

Exactly. I think the media uses it as a general term for all fans ... so pretty cool nickname in my book ... but I agree that original guys are over the top ...

• Like 1

Proud adopter of #16 Robert Foster and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Eightyfive percents

I like it. Cool term

BS from the Bills trying to appropriate something that clearly isn't theirs. They better be giving a big chunk of that cash bag to the founders. 

• Like 1

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

22 hours ago, HipKat said:

It's just a nickname that identifies the fans, Why is that a bad thing?

Hey man who's the girl in you avatar ?

My lord

• Like 1

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

4 hours ago, Victor7 said:

Hey man who's the girl in you avatar ?

My lord

Random from the internet. 

btw, That spot they just ran in the pregame show summed up #billsmafia perfectly. Damn near had a tear in my eye!

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan