4 hours ago, thinwhiteduke said:

Straight up. They weren't going to any SB this year. I already knew that. But don't worry. They'll still make playoffs.

But as you mentioned before from other threads, sometimes they get off the script and  end up in the SB and may even win it.:classic_biggrin:

41 minutes ago, JoeFerguson said:

But as you mentioned before from other threads, sometimes they get off the script and  end up in the SB and may even win it.:classic_biggrin:

There is no - off the script.. it's what it was going to be no matter how it looks to me, you, us

The 4-0 2008 Bills were pretenders and it was evident before their first loss that season. 

The 2020 Bills are far from being pretenders. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Psycho79 said:

The 4-0 2008 Bills were pretenders and it was evident before their first loss that season. 

The 2020 Bills are far from being pretenders. 

To further prove my point, we currently have a QB and WR who are leading the AFC in passing and receiving yardage respectively. Josh Allen threw for an average of 312 yards per game in the 4-0 start. Through five games, he’s at 317 YPG. 

In 2008, we had a QB beating mediocre teams throwing for an average of 232 yards per game. 

Edwards threw for 11 touchdowns in the 2008 season. Allen had thrown for 12 in the first four games this season. 

Don’t call the 2020 Buffalo Bills pretenders. They showed us last year that these Buffalo Bills are no joke. 

What do you mean "...they showed us last year that these Buffalo Bills are no joke?"

I don't think they are a joke and I surely hope Allen outscores Mahomes but if the Bills lose as expected, pretenders is about the nicest word we can use. Would "unlucky" be any better?

I think last year we took advantage of our schedule and were lucky to make the playoffs. 2017 we were VERY lucky to make the playoffs, thanks to another team's victory sending us in. At the beginning of this season, we thought we would win the AFC East--there's still a chance, but we were UNLUCKY as Hell to have the Pats sign Cam! 

So when we knock off the Pats twice, we won't be pretenders. Or when our Defense is top 3 or top 5, we won't be pretenders anymore. I'm praying every game for a W so we won't be pretenders anymore, but I can't be the only one...