Sign in to follow this  
HipKat

Jaime Harrison other Democrats Break Fundraising Records

Jaime Harrison Raises a Record $57 Million as He Challenges Lindsey Graham

Jaime Harrison, the Democrat challenging Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, raised an astonishing $57 million in the third quarter, the highest quarterly fund-raising total for any Senate candidate in United States history and part of an enormous flood of money pouring into Democratic campaigns.

From South Carolina to Maine to Alaska, Democratic challengers in races that will determine control of the Senate have been out-raising incumbents for months. But money began to arrive at extraordinary rates after Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg died last month and Senate Republicans pledged to push through a replacement despite the narrow window before the election and their blockade of President Barack Obama’s nominee in 2016.

Now, the Republican Party is being forced to mount expensive defenses of seats it once thought were safe, stretching its resources to hold on to a Senate majority that it hopes will check Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s power if he wins in November.

Mr. Harrison did not so much break a fund-raising record as shatter it: Before this year, the biggest quarterly haul for a Senate candidate was $38 million, raised by former Representative Beto O’Rourke of Texas during his challenge to Senator Ted Cruz in 2018. Mr. Harrison blew past that by nearly $20 million, raising more than twice as much in a single quarter as Mr. Graham — who has not yet announced his third-quarter numbers — reported raising in the previous six quarters combined.

Theresa Greenfield, the Democrat challenging Senator Joni Ernst of Iowa, reported raising $28.7 million in the third quarter, a record for a Senate candidate in Iowa. In his race against Senator Cory Gardner of Colorado, John Hickenlooper raised $22.6 million, more than four times his total in the previous quarter. And in North Carolina, Senator Thom Tillis’s challenger, Cal Cunningham, reported a record $28.3 million even as he faces a late-breaking scandal over romantic texts he sent to a woman who is not his wife.

Money, of course, does not guarantee victory; Mr. O’Rourke lost his race in 2018, and Mr. Graham still has a good chance of winning this one. Recent polls have shown a dead heat: In a Quinnipiac University survey late last month, Mr. Graham and Mr. Harrison were tied at 48 percent, with 95 percent of likely voters saying their minds were made up.

But the fact that a race in South Carolina, which voted Republican in 2016 by more than 14 percentage points and has not sent a Democrat to the Senate since 1998, is competitive at all speaks to the intense Democratic energy nationwide, and to how quickly a challenging year for Republicans has turned into a potential blowout. Just a few months ago, Republicans were very confident that Mr. Graham would beat Mr. Harrison.

Mr. Harrison’s huge fund-raising total, a majority of which came from out-of-state donors, also speaks to Democratic voters’ specific anger at Mr. Graham, who has become one of President Trump’s most vocal defenders and, as chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, is leading the charge to confirm Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court, in a bald reversal of his previous opposition to filling a vacancy in an election year.

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Looks like Democrats are hauling in record numbers of donations. I wonder why... I wonder what it could mean.....

I know what it doesn't mean; it doesn't mean people are leaning Republican in these races....

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

23 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Looks like Democrats are hauling in record numbers of donations. I wonder why... I wonder what it could mean.....

ActBlue moved some funds into Harrison's campaign account.  Big thanks to China and the BLM donors.  :niterider:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

39 minutes ago, HipKat said:

I know what it doesn't mean; it doesn't mean people are leaning Republican in these races....

The big doners are doubling down cause they wanna recoup what they lost in 2016.

Also, the globalists and those Trump has set his sights on are doing everything they can to support the cause.

The average Joe ain't giving Biden a nickel. Nobody believes that shit besides brain dead fucks like you 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Woody said:

ActBlue moved some funds into Harrison's campaign account.  Big thanks to China and the BLM donors.  :niterider:

He's not the only one setting records... Why isn't any organization "moving funds" into the Trump campaign??

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 hour ago, HipKat said:

He's not the only one setting records... Why isn't any organization "moving funds" into the Trump campaign??

Because Trump isn't in bed with these organizations that you must do favors for like Biden and China/Russia/Ukraine.

Trump has said numerous times he could go get huge donations from lobbyists, but he doesn't want to owe them.

You're a fool that's being played by the swamp...simple as that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HipKat said:

He doesn't have an ActBlue.  :niterider:

process.jpg

Fuck this team

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

Just some nostalgia.

Hillary Clinton Outraised Donald Trump Two to One, Last FEC Filings Show

Hillary Clinton, the Democratic National Committee, and the various political action committees (PACs) supporting her raised $1.2 billion for the 2016 elections, Politico reports based on the last campaign filings with the Federal Election Commission. Donald Trump, the Republicans, and the various PACs supporting him, meanwhile, raised $600 million. The Trump campaign spent nearly $100 million in the final period, remaining with $7.6 million in the bank. The Clinton campaign spent about $132 million and was left with less than a million in the bank.

An analysis of donors by the Washington Post in October found that a hundred individuals and labor unions were responsible for a fifth of all of Clinton's donations—five donors were responsible for one out of every 17 dollars contributed according to the Post: S. Donald Sussman, a hedge fund manager, J.B. Pritzker a venture capitalist and brother of Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker, and his wife, Univision chairman Haim Saban and his wife, George Soros, and Slimfast founder S. Daniel Abraham.

A few of the donors spoke to the Post, insisting they did not agree with their right to give so much money and wanted it taken away. "It's very odd to be giving millions when your objective is to actually get the money out of politics," Sussman said. "I am a very strong supporter of publicly financed campaigns, and I think the only way to accomplish that is to get someone like Secretary Clinton, who is committed to cleaning up the unfortunate disaster created by the activist court in Citizens United."

Of course, Joe still has to catch up to Trump's big money and he'll never capture the MAGA enthusiasm.

Trump Outraised Biden In July and Not by a Small Amount

For all the polls saying that the Democrat’s presumptive nominee Joe Biden leads President Donald Trump for the 2020 election, the fundraising numbers tell a much different story.

According to The Hill, Trump’s campaign outraised Biden’s by millions of dollars, putting the president above the $1 billion mark for the 2020 cycle:

President Trump’s campaign outraised presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden’s campaign by $25 million in the month of July and surpassed the $1 billion mark for the 2020 cycle.

The Trump campaign and Republican National Committee (RNC) combined to raise $165 million in July, compared with $140 million for Biden and the Democratic National Committee.

That’s the best month of fundraising for Trump and the RNC this cycle.

The money raked in by the GOP is being used to increase its ground-pounders, increasing its operation to over 1,500 field staffers.

This investment in getting the vote out on the ground level is paying off as the GOP is closing the voter registration gap in swing states like Florida and North Carolina according to Axios:

According to the data obtained by Axios, the GOP has “lessened the margin by 133,000 registered voters in Pennsylvania and 87,000 voters in Florida” while gaining “a net 216,410 voters since Election Day 2016” in North Carolina.

Republicans have also reclaimed a voter registration advantage in Iowa and are outpacing Democrats in Arizona.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

1 hour ago, Woody said:

He doesn't have an ActBlue.  :niterider:

Democrats never had a Koch Brothers....

• Barf 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 hour ago, HipKat said:

Good for them.  Those guys are drop in the bucket compared to who the Dems have in their corner.  :niterider:

• Thanks 1

process.jpg

Fuck this team

image-trump-emoticon.png

2 hours ago, HipKat said:

You've been dismantled here once again

Climb back under your rock, you bum!

8 minutes ago, Philly'sFinest said:

You've been dismantled here once again

Climb back under your rock, you bum!

No rock wants that asshole.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Woody said:

Good for them.  Those guys are drop in the bucket compared to who the Dems have in their corner.  :niterider:

It’s not my fault most people in this country are Democrats. I mean somebody has to win the numbers game.

Seek help. soflabillsfan

2 hours ago, HipKat said:

It’s not my fault most people in this country are Democrats. I mean somebody has to win the numbers game.

I never said it was.  :niterider:

process.jpg

Fuck this team

image-trump-emoticon.png

16 hours ago, HipKat said:

Because the Democratic party is the party of rich elitists; people who have made their fortunes based upon the 'politics of pull' and swayed regulatory restrictions to foster an artificial competitive advantage.  They cannot abide by another 4 years of plain speech, tactical deregulation and transparent government.

They sit at champagne functions with the RINO Republicans and laugh at the charade of opposition. 

Oh, the poor lobbyists if Trump gets another 4 years.     

25 minutes ago, FanBack said:

Because the Democratic party is the party of rich elitists; people who have made their fortunes based upon the 'politics of pull' and swayed regulatory restrictions to foster an artificial competitive advantage.  They cannot abide by another 4 years of plain speech, tactical deregulation and transparent government.

They sit at champagne functions with the RINO Republicans and laugh at the charade of opposition. 

Oh, the poor lobbyists if Trump gets another 4 years.     

How can the Democrats be the party of rich elitists if the Democrats are the party of social programs for poor people? And how can Republicans not be the party for Rich elitists when every time we have a republican president he gives them huge tax cuts and policies that put more money into the rich elitists’ pockets?

Seek help. soflabillsfan

16 minutes ago, HipKat said:

How can the Democrats be the party of rich elitists if the Democrats are the party of social programs for poor people? And how can Republicans not be the party for Rich elitists when every time we have a republican president he gives them huge tax cuts and policies that put more money into the rich elitists’ pockets?

I always love the opportunity to educate:

1)  Social programs for poor people are a vital support pillar for the Democratic Party platform.  They create a dependent voter class that ensures they maintain their power base.  This also applies to federal civilian jobs.  It's a wonderful way to circumvent the nasty bother of an election cycle (believe me the Democrats would love to be the new appointed nobility).

2)  Remember our tax system is not a wealth tax, it is an income tax.  Rich elitists rarely pay taxes, the working rich bear this burden (venture capitalists, businessmen, inventors, retailers, etc.).  A tax cut diverts money from being used for item 1 above and allows the working rich to instead invest this money into the economy.  Rather than create Dependent Voters this fosters the creation of Working Productive Citizens.

The Koch brothers? They are not MAGA and it's evident where they're putting their money.

Koch network willing to back Democrats in 2020

The influential Koch network is open to backing Democrats in the 2020 election cycle.

A memo from Emily Seidel, the CEO of Americans for Prosperity, the Koch brothers’ political organization, said the group would “support the primary election of lawmakers, regardless of political party, who stick their necks out to lead diverse policy coalitions.”

It's a shift in how the network has operated in past elections, donating tens of millions of dollars to support Republican candidates.

The Koch brothers, 79-year-old David and 83-year-old Charles, have used their wealth to push for smaller government and have traditionally supported conservative causes and candidates. David Koch stepped down from Koch Industries and the political group last year, citing his declining health.

A top priority for the group is extending protection to Dreamers. The Trump administration announced in 2017 it was rescinding the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program. The program, enacted by former President Obama in 2012, protected people under the age of 18 who were brought to the U.S. illegally from deportation.

The network will also launch four new political action committees focused on economic opportunity, free expression, free trade, and immigration reform.

“We know that candidates will seldom agree with Americans for Prosperity on every issue,” Seidel wrote. “But for those who do the politically difficult job of leading on a critical issue, these issue-specific PACs will make it clear why millions of Americans support them on that issue, even if they have principled disagreements on others.”

The network did not support President Trump in the 2016 election and does not plan on backing his reelection in 2020.

• Like 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

1 hour ago, FanBack said:

I always love the opportunity to educate:

1)  Social programs for poor people are a vital support pillar for the Democratic Party platform.  They create a dependent voter class that ensures they maintain their power base.  This also applies to federal civilian jobs.  It's a wonderful way to circumvent the nasty bother of an election cycle (believe me the Democrats would love to be the new appointed nobility).

2)  Remember our tax system is not a wealth tax, it is an income tax.  Rich elitists rarely pay taxes, the working rich bear this burden (venture capitalists, businessmen, inventors, retailers, etc.).  A tax cut diverts money from being used for item 1 above and allows the working rich to instead invest this money into the economy.  Rather than create Dependent Voters this fosters the creation of Working Productive Citizens.

Two flaws with that. Number one those tax cuts never result in the rich elitists investing back into the economy. It just never happens and number two, how does your first point apply when the highest level of social dependence is the rich elitists and all that corporate welfare that they take in.

• Haha 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

41 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Two flaws with that. Number one those tax cuts never result in the rich elitists investing back into the economy. It just never happens and number two, how does your first point apply when the highest level of social dependence is the rich elitists and all that corporate welfare that they take in.

Those mean elitists are at it again.  :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

process.jpg

Fuck this team

image-trump-emoticon.png

9 hours ago, Woody said:

No matter how you want to keep making excuses, the bottom line is that the money is not flowing into the Trump campaign. All these people that are going to see Trump on ice, I mean trump rallies, going to see the spectacle, where are the donations? There are diamonds

Seek help. soflabillsfan

53 minutes ago, HipKat said:

No matter how you want to keep making excuses, the bottom line is that the money is not flowing into the Trump campaign. All these people that are going to see Trump on ice, I mean trump rallies, going to see the spectacle, where are the donations? There are diamonds

No money is better than dark money.  Joe30330 can laugh all the way to the bank with his shady cash and you can go with him.  :niterider:

• Like 1

process.jpg

Fuck this team

image-trump-emoticon.png

2 hours ago, Woody said:

No money is better than dark money.  Joe30330 can laugh all the way to the bank with his shady cash and you can go with him.  :niterider:

How is an organization that exists to collect and disseminate donations for Democratic candidates considered dark money? Just because they don’t do it for Republican candidates, who by the way, have their own external donors and foundations.

Seek help. soflabillsfan

The overwhelming majority of dark money is coming into the Democratic party. 

These big donors are the same ones that Biden claims that he'll make pay their fair share.

Something doesn't jive here. These big money organizations and donors would not support being taxed more or regulated, which tells me that the one that will truly hold these folks accountable is DJT.

These people always support who puts more money in their pockets...AWAYS