Sign in to follow this  
Woody

New Consumer Alert on Yelp Takes Firm Stance Against Racism

Oh boy this is going to work like a charm.  :niterider:

mY f0oD Wuzz cOLd!!!  WhY U RaCisT!!!

At Yelp, we value diversity, inclusion and belonging, both internally and on our platform, which means we have a zero tolerance policy to racism. We know these values are important to our users and now more than ever, consumers are increasingly conscious of the types of businesses they patronize and support. In fact, we’ve seen that reviews mentioning Black-owned businesses were up more than 617% this summer compared to last summer. Support for women-owned businesses has also increased, with review mentions up 114% for the same time period.

Over the summer, Yelp rolled out a number of initiatives to help users find and support Black-owned businesses. We partnered with My Black Receipt on the launch of a Black-owned business attribute and joined the 15 Percent Pledge to further amplify Black-owned businesses. While searches for Black-owned businesses surged on Yelp, so did the volume of reviews warning users of racist behavior at businesses. Today, in response to this, we will now place a distinct Consumer Alert on business pages to caution people about businesses that may be associated with overtly racist actions.

Communities have always turned to Yelp in reaction to current events at the local level. As the nation reckons with issues of systemic racism, we’ve seen in the last few months that there is a clear need to warn consumers about businesses associated with egregious, racially-charged actions to help people make more informed spending decisions. Yelp’s User Operations team already places alerts on business pages when we notice an unusual uptick in reviews that are based on what someone may have seen in the news or on social media, rather than on a first-hand experience with the business. Now, when a business gains public attention for reports of racist conduct, such as using racist language or symbols, Yelp will place a new Business Accused of Racist Behavior Alert on their Yelp page to inform users, along with a link to a news article where they can learn more about the incident.

Yelp_Business-Accused-of-Racist-Behavior

LINK

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

I've been a Yelper for a long time but this is going to be abused anytime a POC gets shitty service they're going to click that "Racism" button and then the owners of the business will have to make a long winded case to the public why they're not. Will angry Leftists spray paint a scarlet R on the business after?

• Thanks 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

18 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

I've been a Yelper for a long time but this is going to be abused anytime a POC gets shitty service they're going to click that "Racism" button and then the owners of the business will have to make a long winded case to the public why they're not. Will angry Leftists spray paint a scarlet R on the business after?

The backlash is only a matter of time........

45 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Will angry Leftists spray paint a scarlet R on the business after?

They'll probably add it to a list of restaurants for BLM to harass/destroy.  :niterider:

• Sad 1

process.jpg

Fuck this team

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

what could possibly go wrong?

its funny, in a heart wrenching and pathetic way, how obvious this is going to be abused. all we have to do is look at our well-worn pattern. special rules that damage whites and benefit blacks automatically! thats how we project the level of our virtue on topics of race!

blacks right

whites wrong

+1 me

now let me go find other places i can manufacture a +1

an entire culture that defines anything a white person says critical of blackness is automatically racist. hell, it dont even have to be negative, just neutral, those get defined as racist, too

this could never lead to anything bad ...

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

“ Imma givin Green Dragon Chinese take-out 0 muthafuckin’ sta’s cuz dey ain’t got no chitlins. I axed wang chung behind da counta, yo! Wassup! Gimme some chitlins wit da numma 3! Muthafucka say, “We no got chitrins!” I say, “Wachoo tawkin’ bout no chitlins!?” And again, muthafucka say, “we no got chitrins!”

what kinna booshit nigga-ass place ain’t got chitlins?!?! Fuck dat, don’t go to green dragon yo!!

• Haha 1

That asshole in the previous post is racist and should be banned. This should be done immediately. 

LOL "Chitrins", I dying.  :niterider:

process.jpg

Fuck this team

image-trump-emoticon.png

The worst part in today's culture is that it takes zero evidence to levy an accusation of racism against someone and the defendant will have to provide mounds of evidence that they're not and it still won't change the narrative. In my area BLM protested a cake shop because they dared to make a red MAGA hat cake for a client and then put a picture up on their Facebook page that displays their custom cakes. No doubt once that button goes live on Yelp, if it already hasn't, that cake shop is getting it.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile