By Jerry Sullivan

•  
    • Oct 4, 2020
    •  
      •  

Sullivan: Cliff Robinson, Western New York's forgotten star

Jerry Sullivan

JAMES NEISS

Let’s start by taking care of one major piece of business. You might want to brace yourselves, and no, my brain has not been inhabited by sinister creatures from some other planet. 

The Bills are good enough to reach the Super Bowl. 

There, I said it. 

Look, I’ve been around. I lived through a 17-year playoff drought, with some truly poor and prehistoric Bills passing offenses. But I haven’t forgotten what a modern NFL contender looks like, and the team that got to 4-0 in Las Vegas on Sunday looks the part.

Are they flawed? Of course. Every NFL teams is nowadays. A quarter of a way into the 2020 season, it’s pretty clear that the Bills do not have an elite defense. They struggled at times against the Raiders, allowing the opposing quarterback to pass for over 300 yards with a rating of over 100 for the third week in a row.

*** More ***

https://www.lockportjournal.com/sports/sullivan-2020-bills-looking-more-and-more-like-super-bowl-forebears/article_da915606-06a8-11eb-b1d8-8fdf2b177889.html

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Great point by Sullivan...

“The defense, sure, it’s an issue. But very few teams are elite on both sides of the ball in the salary cap era. That ’91 Bills team finished 27th in defense. So did the ’93 team.”

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

4 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

“The defense, sure, it’s an issue. But very few teams are elite on both sides of the ball in the salary cap era. That ’91 Bills team finished 27th in defense. So did the ’93 team.”

The defense has been pretty ass, but....

This is kind of what happens when you jump on teams by 2-3 touchdowns week in and week out.  They have to throw ot early and often and given the rules, and the emphasis on the quick pass game it's fucking hard for defenses to get stops against even aversge QB's.

To me the blueprint to win against trams with good offenses was the first half vs the Rams.  You need a couple timely big plays and that flips it.  There was 3 in that first half.

The back to back sacks to force the long FG which Sloman missed and then Wallace's INT.  Throw in them holding off a long drive and limiting it to 3, it was text book in terms of making timely plays.

One small thing I'd love to see is the DL getting their hands on more balls at the line.  At the start of last year it was really something that jumped off the screen with how frequent it was happening to put teams into 2nd and 3rd and long or just getting off the field on 3rd down.

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

4 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

A very possible problem with the D could be play calling. Playing soft to protect a lead. What if the coaches said F it, let’s play the same D for 4 quarters?

Who knows.