WGR brought up an interesting dilemma this morning: 

Would you make Daboll head coach of the Bills? Why? Because he’s bye bye after this season. And say goodbye to the high powered offense. And to all the time and effort spent with Allen. 

Or would you go back to the 1975 McDermott style? 

If you think Daboll is staying put you’re delusional. If you think McBeane is going to find someone similar or better you’re delusional. 

miserable that 70s show GIF

Honestly with the roster on offense it wouldn't take an absolute genius to get productivity out of them, as long as you don't bring in someone that's going to completely re-work the system.

I am definitely concerned about Allen's future though. He has even more room to grow and stunting that now would be tragic.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

Would you make Daboll head coach of the Bills? Why? Because he’s bye bye after this season. And say goodbye to the high powered offense. And to all the time and effort spent with Allen. 

If you think Daboll is staying put you’re delusional. If you think McBeane is going to find someone similar or better you’re delusional. 

Allen will open the playbook for any offensive coordinator because he can make every throw. With that being said Daboll has been great this year. Should we take the New England approach and promote from within? Thats why I asked last week in the chat...Who is going to replace Daboll? Dorsey?

Dorsey didn't light up the wonderlick test as a player with a 25 and I'm not sure how good he would be playcalling/scheming. Who else from the staff is there, Bobby Johnson? Players do like him 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

Sean, that's stupid.  Keep McDermott.  He had the vision, he always liked Josh Allen (since 2017 I've heard, and he'll be methodical about finding a suitable replacement.  If Daboll even leaves.

McDermott has coached appropriately for each of the rosters at hand.  As far as Allen's improvement:  Beane and McDermott conceived the plan and Josh Allen remade himself.

Daboll should stay one more year and establish himself.  Then he'll have great opportunities to be a head coach.  The Texans and the Jets are not great opportunities at all. 

• Like 1

I could see if we get close to the Superbowl, but not win Daboll could stay one more year - he is from this area, but he is a hot commodity and has rings already, just not as offensive coordinator.

Honestly, Allen has shined through his hard work, but also because of stability in the coaching staff.  It would seriously risk hurting the offense to lose Daboll, but I would keep McD.

1 hour ago, seandelevan said:

The only hope is Assistant Head Coach and lots of $$$$$$$

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JoeFerguson said:

How can you fire McD if he is signed up for an extended contract?

1 hour ago, Victor7 said:

Why on earth would you fire McD ??

That is just lights out idiotic to even ask. I like Daboll and get the premise but that would be epic failure. 

1 hour ago, FanBack said:

Sean, that's stupid.  Keep McDermott.  He had the vision, he always liked Josh Allen (since 2017 I've heard, and he'll be methodical about finding a suitable replacement.  If Daboll even leaves.

McDermott has coached appropriately for each of the rosters at hand.  As far as Allen's improvement:  Beane and McDermott conceived the plan and Josh Allen remade himself.

Daboll should stay one more year and establish himself.  Then he'll have great opportunities to be a head coach.  The Texans and the Jets are not great opportunities at all. 

Obviously this is all hypothetical. I’m not actually saying ‘get rid of McDermott’. 

McDermott seems like the hire from within type of guy. I just don't know who on the staff is worthy of the position.

• Thanks 1

You know McDermott is standing on the sidelines shitting his pants freaking out watching our offense run and gun. He’s probably biting his nails(and tongue) praying to god they don’t turn it over. 

it was obvious he told Daboll to milk clock toward the end of that game. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Coach'sUncle'sSon said:

The only hope is Assistant Head Coach and lots of $$$$$$$

Leslie Frasier is the assistant head coach but should be demoted from title if the defense doesn't get it together.  I would take Bill O'Brian he was a good coordinator with Patriots as long as he isn't involved in making trades he may have the same knowledge as Daboll as I think they worked together.

16 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Obviously this is all hypothetical. I’m not actually saying ‘get rid of McDermott’. 

I know you didn't, I meant that the idea was stupid.  Typical press floater (the septic kind).

Translate to the workplace - A Senior Manager is hired and transforms your division into a complete success.  That person is basically the architect who sets up and implements the entire program.  Let's fire them and put the hot shot employee of the month in charge.  Who may have the talent to run the division or they may not.    

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BillsfanincharlotteIsBack said:

Leslie Frasier is the assistant head coach but should be demoted from title if the defense doesn't get it together.  I would take Bill O'Brian he was a good coordinator with Patriots as long as he isn't involved in making trades he may have the same knowledge as Daboll as I think they worked together.

Not a fan of any OC from the Pats. They had Brady. They could literally throw a dart at a board with the plays and Brady would make it happen. 

• Thanks 2

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Daboll might get poached, but it's not a definite. His resume prior to this year is almost laughable. Aside from the 1 year as Alabama's OC, it is laughable. And I don't think him being the TE coach in New England raises his stock.

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets............

I agree Daboll leaving is far from a sure thing.

Eric Bieniemy is an even hotter coordinator.

• Thanks 1