Sign in to follow this  
f8ta1ity54

The Great Buffalo Range Abortion Debate - over before it started******

Now that we know Trump will nominate Amy Coney Barrett to the supreme court, I think this is a good time to take a look at one of the nation’s most divisive subjects. This nomination presents a potential threat to Roe v. Wade and bodily autonomy/reproductive rights to all women. Abortion rights will be contested and potentially overturned with a Trump victory. This thought should be enough to send chills down the spines of millions of women, and send them to the ballot box in November.

Before I go any further I’ll give you my stances on abortion:

1.     I am not pro-abortion.

2.     I am pro-choice.

3.     I do not think personhood starts at conception.

A fetus is not able to survive on its own without the mother’s body and is fully dependent on it.

Right to life does not imply that there is a right to someone’s body. (If you woke up and found out you were conjoined with another person who was now sharing your liver, you should be able to remove that person from your body, even if it means they will die.)

Legally calling abortion “murder” makes every single miscarriage technically “involuntary manslaughter” and can subject them to prosecution. By making abortion illegal, you are making miscarriage also illegal. This already happens:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/06/28/she-miscarried-after-being-shot-prosecutors-are-weighing-manslaughter-case-against-her/

https://www.vox.com/identities/2019/11/8/20954980/stillbirth-miscarriage-murder-abortion-chelsea-becker-news

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/long_reads/el-salvador-abortion-rape-laws-miscarriage-evelyn-hernandez-birth-a9083021.html

Would that mean that if a woman decides to eat garbage food and drink alcohol to force a miscarriage it should be illegal? Or would that be the state infringing on your rights?

“Anti-abortion is the responsible choice” is merely an opinion. If a mother knows she will be unfit or does not want the child, she should not be forced to carry a child to term. Especially if child birth poses risk of death. Not all women have access to contraception, and not all contraception is 100% effective. Not all women have access to good sex education.

Women should not have to carry the children of their rapists. This should be self-explanatory, but I’m sure a few of you out there will disagree. I’m going to guess you aren’t a woman.

“Adoption is the alternative to abortion”. Women are not only getting abortions to get out of having and raising children. Pregnancy and childbirth take an enormous toll on the human body.

“The reasons most frequently cited were that having a child would interfere with a woman's education, work or ability to care for dependents (74%); that she could not afford a baby now (73%); and that she did not want to be a single mother or was having relationship problems (48%). Nearly four in 10 women said they had completed their childbearing, and almost one-third were not ready to have a child. Fewer than 1% said their parents' or partners' desire for them to have an abortion was the most important reason. Younger women often reported that they were unprepared for the transition to motherhood, while older women regularly cited their responsibility to dependents.”

https://www.guttmacher.org/journals/psrh/2005/reasons-us-women-have-abortions-quantitative-and-qualitative-perspectives

“Women use abortion as birth control” is absolute insanity. Considering contraceptives are cheaper and easier to find, as well as less painful, emotionally draining, and come without stigma. no data supports this.

Abortions are not dangerous. The risk of dying in child birth is 13 times higher than an abortion. However, thousands of people worldwide from backroom abortions, where abortions are not legal.

“What if __someone famous___ was aborted?” This argument is so dumb it doesn’t deserve a response. But I will…

Would that mean abortion laws should only be influenced by how great the fetus ultimately became? Okay, well what if Hitler was aborted?

“I don’t want my tax dollars paying for abortions!” Well I don’t want my money paying for wars that kill innocent people, but here we are.

Here is a great article on preventing abortions. If you want to prevent them, offer free and low-cost access contraception.

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/11/30/colorado-teen-pregnancy-abortion-rates-drop-free-low-cost-iud/

“The Colorado Family Planning Initiative drove a 50 percent reduction in teen births and abortions, avoided nearly $70 million in public assistance costs and empowered thousands of young women to make their own choices on when or whether to start a family…..

• Teen birth rate was nearly cut in half.

• Teen abortion rate was nearly cut in half.

• Births to women without a high school education fell 38 percent.

• Second and higher order births to teens were cut by 57 percent.

• Birth rate among young women ages 20-24 was cut by 20 percent.

• Average age of first birth increased by 1.2 years among all women.

• Rapid repeat births declined by 12 percent among all women.

• Costs avoided: $66.1-$69.6 million.”

https://www.colorado.gov/cdphe/cfpi-report

I believe that heart beat bills are stupid, and not based on any science. They are clearly based on the electorate trying to pander to voters. There is no heart at 6 weeks. It’s still an embryo.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

4 hours ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

censored

08b0fbc7c827c57c4e24e35cf9f6bad9--serpen

The final battle.  

48372057_1969525509802965_4664389317303468032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=8fd3638a10a1407561bc1873032b72c4&oe=5C95B70A

10 hours ago, pkschul said:

A woman should not be condemned for life for a. Simple mistake.

You can't argue that with people who believe in original sin.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

I am not sure why abortion, if that's what you are referring to, qualifies as a "simple" mistake.  A woman or a man responsible for an abortion are not condemned, certainly not by the laws of this country.  Only by God without reconciliation.  

48372057_1969525509802965_4664389317303468032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=8fd3638a10a1407561bc1873032b72c4&oe=5C95B70A

49 minutes ago, DannyBoy said:

I am not sure why abortion, if that's what you are referring to, qualifies as a "simple" mistake.  A woman or a man responsible for an abortion are not condemned, certainly not by the laws of this country.  Only by God without reconciliation.  

My God can beat up your God, so who cares?

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

3 minutes ago, DannyBoy said:

Your's is just an expression.  

My God called. He said your's is a bitch.

• Haha 1

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg