Sign in to follow this  
HipKat

Canadians’ view of U.S. drops to lowest level in nearly 2 decades

How to alienate friends and lose your influence with people: Trump University Master Class

Donald Trump’s tenure in the White House and his handling of the COVID-19 pandemic have dragged Canadians’ view of the United States to its lowest level in nearly 20 years, a new poll suggests.

The Pew Research Center report released Tuesday finds a favourable view of the U.S. among only 35 per cent of Canadians surveyed, the lowest level recorded since Pew began polling north of the Canada-U.S. border in 2002.

“Like all countries surveyed this year, Canada’s favourable rating of the U.S. dropped sharply in 2017 as confidence in the U.S. president plummeted,” the centre said in a release.

“In the more than three years since Trump first took office, views have slowly shifted, but 2020 sees the lowest ratings for the U.S. in Canada since Pew Research Center began polling there almost two decades ago.”

The finding tracks an identical trend among all 13 countries involved in the poll — record lows were also recorded in the U.K., France, Germany, Japan and Australia.

Only 20 per cent of the poll’s 1,037 Canadian respondents expressed confidence in Trump himself, the lowest presidential rating Pew has ever recorded in Canada and a precipitous drop from the 83 per cent support for Barack Obama they found in 2016.

0706_mercedes.jpg?w=1040&quality=70&strip=all3:35Canada’s greatest coronavirus threat comes from U.S.

Canada’s greatest coronavirus threat comes from U.S.

Driving the negative numbers is Trump’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, which was panned in every country surveyed including Canada, where it gets a passing grade from only 16 per cent of those surveyed.

“In no country surveyed do more than a fifth think the U.S. has done at least a somewhat good job dealing with the virus, and a median of only 15 per cent across the 13 countries polled consider the country’s handling of the virus to be effective,” the centre said.

About 44 per cent of Canadian members of Parliament tweeted references to Floyd and Black Lives Matter during the period of the latest survey was conducted, the centre said.

“Concerns about racial injustice fit into a broader pattern of decline in the belief that the U.S. government respects the personal freedoms of its people.”

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

7 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Who give's a fuck?  Canada = United States Lite

tell that to all the Buffalonians that have cottages and houses on Lake Erie in Canada.  Couldnt use them the entire summer.  

Thank you Obama amirite?

lol

ECQKgbmW4AAkI5n.jpg:large

7 minutes ago, 212frawk said:

tell that to all the Buffalonians that have cottages and houses on Lake Erie in Canada.  Couldnt use them the entire summer.  

Thank you Obama amirite?

Good ol’ Jethro. Earning that name more and more every day...

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 minute ago, HipKat said:

Good ol’ Jethro. Earning that name for me and more every day...

Only my pal frawk can call me that, asshole.  Quit acting like you're one of the cool kids.  :classic_biggrin:

1 minute ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Only my pal frawk can call me that, asshole.  Quit acting like you're one of the cool kids.  :classic_biggrin:

OK, I stand corrected.

good old range retard. Earning that name more and more every day.

Is that better cupcake?

Seek help. soflabillsfan

3 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

confused the beverly hillbillies GIF by EditingAndLayout

Seek help. soflabillsfan

3 hours ago, HipKat said:

OK, I stand corrected.

good old range retard. Earning that name more and more every day.

Is that better cupcake?

Cupcake?  Quit coming on to me, ya fag.  LOL.  Freaking gay boy you are.

I'm not surprised.  Trump doesn't get along with Turdeaux® so the Canadians' view of Trump and the US is going to drop.  :niterider:

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

Canada is just a backdoor for more faeries now.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

2 hours ago, Woody said:

I'm not surprised.  Trump doesn't get along with Turdeaux® so the Canadians' view of Trump and the US is going to drop.  :niterider:

You seriously think that because of what their Prime Minister thinks, everybody in the country just thinks the same way? Let’s try to be a little more realistic.

although, when you think about it, since Trump supporters believe everything he says and go along with everything he says, I guess it could be true?

Seek help. soflabillsfan