Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Why was our 1st pick this year inactive?

I haven't seen anything reported about it.  I'm guessing McD needed an extra ST guy.  :niterider:

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

23 minutes ago, Buffalo13 said:

He hasn't been great and the DL has good players on it ahead of him.  Maybe his fall to round two was legit rather than us getting a "steal".  Time will tell.  

That's what I was reading too from reporters. Not encouraging to hear at all

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Buffalo13 said:

He hasn't been great and the DL has good players on it ahead of him.  Maybe his fall to round two was legit rather than us getting a "steal".  Time will tell.  

Not good for a 2nd rounder...

• Thanks 2

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

8 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Not good for a 2nd rounder...

Not good but no meed to panic.  He came to Iowa as a 5 Star recruit, newsflash this never happens.  He was a legacy guy, it's the only reason he didn't land at a true blue blood university.

When I was looking at the 53 I thought this might happen.  Especially with no preseason it's an uphill battle.  I would need to see the snap counts but I'd imagine Johnson might be on some ST units as well.

Obviously want Eppy in, but I'm sure he'll be a quality rotation guy by the halfway point.

• Thanks 1

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

McD made a comment a few weeks back, he isn't expecting any of the rookies to contribute much till mid season.

1 hour ago, George said:

McD made a comment a few weeks back, he isn't expecting any of the rookies to contribute much till mid season.

Our 3rd round pick played most of the game lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

6 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Our 3rd round pick played most of the game lol

RB is the easiest position to transition from the college to the NFL.

We have a deep DL. So there's that. Epenesa can't play ST if I recall correctly. Not that we drafted him for that. 

Soooooo

Not encouraging but considering it was game one of a no preseason weird ass year I wouldn't hit the panic button just yet. 

• Like 1

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Sigh....

What’s more alarming is that it’s a player on defense. McDermotts bread and butter. I can understand him whiffing on a WR or RB but DE? Smh 

and I said It months ago, on here, that early reports indicated he was looking overwhelmed..against backups. 

I dunno....he reeks of Aaron Maybin to me.

miserable that 70s show GIF

11 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

Sigh....

What’s more alarming is that it’s a player on defense. McDermotts bread and butter. I can understand him whiffing on a WR or RB but DE? Smh 

and I said It months ago, on here, that early reports indicated he was looking overwhelmed..against backups. 

I dunno....he reeks of Aaron Maybin to me.

This take is so shocking coming from you...

🙄😒

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

With established players like Murphy, Hughes and Addison snaps at DE are going to be tough to come by.

Eventually I am hoping Epenesa leap frogs Johnson at DE and maybe gets some snaps at DT on passing downs but I don't expect much of an impact this year.

7 hours ago, George said:

Gabe Davis was on the field for over 50% of the offensive snaps.

• Thanks 1

the-departed-2006-10#content

Epenesa is a bum, anyone with eyes saw it at maybe the worst combine performance from a day 1-2 pick in the last decade + 

I'd say at this point his ceiling is chris kelsay

• Haha 1

There is a lot of talent on the line already. 

I think he is eventually kicked inside at some point, but he needs to get stronger. 

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

So we are bashing a rookie who has not played a snap in the NFL yet?  Perhaps it could be as simple as the Bills have one of the best Defensive Lines in the NFL, and quite a bit of depth.  Bills pretty much have a D line 1 and D line 2 where there is almost no drop off in play with the rotational guys.  Also Star is out as well.  Perhaps the Bills drafted Epenesa because he was a very good DE/DT guy but plan on using him to replace a guy like Murphy next year.  Draft is taking the best player available unless you have a big pressing need.  I think the Bills scored a 1st round talent with Gabriel Davis in the 4th....so there is that.  I think if this years WR class was not so star studded, Davis could of been picked in the first round.   

Perfectly fine with sitting rookies till they are ready....and having a tremendous amount of depth is always a good thing.  Just like picking Fromm when we didn't exactly need a QB...but depth is always nice to have.

• Thanks 2

McD already said in the press conference that with all the depth on the line and guys playing great he was a healthy scratch for the first game.

• Thanks 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Choices.

We could have used our 2nd round pick on JK Dobbins, RB...he was the very next pick.  Or, we could have drafted DT Raekon Davis, Alabama, or, WR Van Jefferson, Florida.

Would they have been better picks?

I believe Beane knew he was rolling the dice on Epenesa but was hopeful he would develop into a starter....albeit maybe not opening day.

PS I was hoping we would draft CB Kristian Fulton, LSU or Jeremy Chinn, S.     But what do I know, maybe DE was the better value pick.

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

More than likely for the same reasons he had a first round grade but slipped to the end of the second. He's not ready for the big time. 

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets............

He is obviously a bust and should be cut immediately.  In fact, anyone who is not active on game day should be cut - bunch of losers.

I put a spell on you.

15 hours ago, Voodoo said:

He is obviously a bust and should be cut immediately.  In fact, anyone who is not active on game day should be cut - bunch of losers.

We drafted AJ towards the end of the 2nd round.  That is probably where he should have been projected to go.   Not 1st round.

I hope he gets coached up and practiced up so he can be part of the rotation later in the season.

However, 2nd round picks are not guaranteed to turn out to be top level players. 

Cyrus Kouandjio.  Torell Troup.  Zay Jones.  Reggie Ragland weren't exactly great picks for us.

I am guessing, but I do think AJ will stick with the Bills and eventually be a contributor.   Might have to ride the bench for awhile though...

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

AJ never had good measurables. He excelled on the field at Iowa when playing and is why Beane said he was drafting "football players" when he drafted EJ. So, i will reserve judgement until he is in games at meaningful times. But this is concerning nonetheless. He probably is/was the type who really could have benefited from 3 or 4 preseason games.

cba fan