Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Allen needs to get better and FAST

On 9/13/2020 at 5:41 PM, LiterateStylish said:

Agreed.

I don’t see whatever he worked on in the offseason, yet.

His Stache seemed to get a lot of work since that last playoff loss to Houston.

Josh Alles is the 6th QB this week with regard to DYAR (cumulative value that the QB brings). That is higher than I thoght, especially with the two fumbles.

I interested to see his DVOA (relative stat, meaning more plays to not necessarily bring more value) is. But this will only come out later this week.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2020/week-1-quick-reads

Buffalo's win was so dominant that Allen had twice as many passing plays in Jets territory (34) as on his own side of the 50 (17). He was best -- and this seems to be a theme today -- on throws to his right, going 14-of-17 for 159 yards and two touchdowns, plus two more throws resulting in 12- and 33-yard DPIs. He also ran 12 times for 59 yards and a touchdown, but he lost a pair of fumbles on running plays.

Proud adopter of #16 Robert Foster and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Eightyfive percents

Dvoa is also out. 7th in efficiency per play. Better than I thought. But I am not sure if they forgot about the fumbles because these do not occur in his overview table ... I asked that ... lets see...

Proud adopter of #16 Robert Foster and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Eightyfive percents

Again no preseason to get warmed up....but Josh Allen looked like a Superstar in the first half.  Yes he needs better ball security when he runs with the ball...I am sure that will be addressed.  (Maybe he needs to practice with the RB's some!

I will take overthrowing a WR by 15 yards if you have a 70% completion rate with 300+ yards every week.  If anything let's talk about the lack of a running game.  

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, ninecarpileup said:

I would add one observation. Don't know if it has been mentioned yet. For the love of God could they please bring a baseball coach in and teach him how to slide. Odds would have improved greatly had JA just took the five or ten and slides... He is running straight up and that is a recipe for disaster, and going head first is just going to end his carrier via concussion. 

Just can't figure out why, when you have a weapon like he can be, that you don't force the man to learn how to slide.

Slide and hold on to the damn ball. 

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Just saying - Patrick Mahomes needs to get better quick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Its definitely time to start Fromm.  That guy won't run or fumble which is what the team desperately needs at this time.

Plus, he never misses an open receiver.  

I put a spell on you.

On 9/15/2020 at 12:54 PM, Zan186 said:

Again no preseason to get warmed up....but Josh Allen looked like a Superstar in the first half.  Yes he needs better ball security when he runs with the ball...I am sure that will be addressed.  (Maybe he needs to practice with the RB's some!

I will take overthrowing a WR by 15 yards if you have a 70% completion rate with 300+ yards every week.  If anything let's talk about the lack of a running game.  

This, and let's not forget that the Jets D is pretty good too.

No, this is all in good fun...I would never say this to your face...well, okay, but I'd say it with a smile

He got better

24/35 for 417 yds 4 TDs, ZERO INTs, with 4 carries for 18 yds to boot... and no fumbles.

• Like 2

No, this is all in good fun...I would never say this to your face...well, okay, but I'd say it with a smile

9 minutes ago, Hayward89 said:

He got better

24/35 for 417 yds 4 TDs, ZERO INTs, with 4 carries for 18 yds to boot... and no fumbles.

Can't ask for more than that.

• Thanks 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Every single day I went out there I tried to have respect for the game and I played as hard as I possibly could." Derek Jeter 9/25/14

5 minutes ago, wagoncircler said:

It’s nice to see your name pop up again. I hope you’re doing well.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

Baller

giphy.gif

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

I Got Better GIFs | Tenor

Amazing game played by Josh Allen today.  I guess 300 yards was not enough for him against the Jets.  400 Yards....do I dare say that was Mahomeish of him!  

Now not going to anoint him the next elite QB after two games, and the Jets and Fish are not exactly top 10 teams either.  However, a win is a win even if the Fish and Jets are two of the worst teams in the league.

I think the O line is looking pretty good and giving Allen time to make his reads and set his feet to throw with proper mechanics.  As with all QB's some throws are right where they need to be and some are off target a bit.

I do believe having a top WR in Diggs and a 1b guy in Brown has really helped to elevate Josh's game.   However it does seem the running game has stalled a bit.