Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HipKat

Are ya ready for some football?

Recommended Posts

2020 NFL Kickoff to celebrate start of 101st season

 

The NFL kicks off the league's second century with "2020 NFL Kickoff Presented by EA Sports Madden NFL 21" at 7:00 PM ET on Thursday, September 10. Welcoming fans back to football for the 101st season, coverage begins with the NFL Kickoff Special at 7 PM ET on NBC. Super Bowl LIV Champions, the Kansas City Chiefs will host the Houston Texans at Arrowhead Stadium beginning at 8:20 PM ET.

The season opener will feature two of the best young quarterbacks in the game, Kansas City's Patrick Mahomes, the Most Valuable Player of Super Bowl LIV and Houston's Deshaun Watson, who have both led their respective teams to division titles in each of the past two seasons. In the 2019 AFC Divisional Round, Kansas City defeated Houston, 51-31, after trailing 24-0, becoming the first team in NFL history to win a playoff game by at least 20 points after trailing in that game by at least 20 points. Last season, Kansas City overcame a 10-point fourth quarter deficit to win Super Bowl LIV.

The 2020 Kickoff will celebrate the return of football and will also recognize an unprecedented offseason and honor the historic social justice movement and community engagement of our players and clubs across the country. Through the Inspire Change platform, the NFL will continue its long-term commitment to working in communities to bring about positive change. 

On Thursday, September 10, the NFL produced Kickoff Livestream "It Takes All of Us" Presented by EA Sports Madden NFL 21 will celebrate the start of the season and consist of features of the Kansas City Chiefs community impact, Inspire Change and a 2020 season preview. The livestream will run across NFL social channels including - Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, NFL.com, Twitch and TikTok beginning at 7:05 PM ET.

A special rendition of "Lift Every Voice and Sing" will be featured during NBC's pregame coverage and will be celebrated throughout Kickoff Weekend. These features will serve to educate on the history of the song and highlight the work of NFL players in their communities. "Lift Every Voice and Sing," a song of inspiration and unity, was first written as a poem by James Weldon Johnson in 1900, and performed in Jacksonville, FL by a chorus of 500 children in honor of President Abraham Lincoln's birthday. The poem was set to music by Johnson's brother, John Rosamond Johnson, and soon adopted by the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) as its official song and a celebration of faith and hope to become known as the Black National Anthem.

To honor the kickoff of an extraordinary season, the league's newest brand campaign, "It Takes All of Us" will leverage the scale and power of the NFL to unite our country. "It Takes All of Us" will debut with a :90-second film that will air before a special performance of the National Anthem. The season-long campaign will connect all league causes beginning with social justice and honoring those on the frontlines of COVID-19. For the duration of Week 1, all NFL fields will feature end zone stencils with the words "It Takes All of Us" and "End Racism."

This season, NFL players, coaches, and officials have the opportunity to honor victims of systemic racism, victims of police brutality, and social justice heroes with helmet stickers and patches. Over 1400 players and 300 coaches and officials selected names or phrases, which included It Takes All of Us; End Racism; Stop Hate; and Black Lives Matter. Additionally, players have the option to wear a warmup tee with the unifying messages Injustice Against One of Us, Is Injustice Against All of Us (front of tee) and END RACISM (back of tee).

In addition to the live telecast of NFL Kickoff on NBC, the game will be streamed live across all devices viaNBCSports.com, the NBC Sports app, NFL.com, and the NFL app. Additionally, fans on mobile devices can stream the game via the Texans and Chiefs mobile properties, Yahoo Sports, and other Verizon Media and NFL properties. Audio coverage of the game will be provided by Westwood One Radio, SiriusXM and the TuneIn app.

 

  • Thanks 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

 

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

 

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I'm ready to see the Chiefs crush the overrated Texans on national television.  It'll be interesting to see how Watson gets along without D-Hop. :niterider:

 

  • Like 1

process.jpg

 

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gigabyte download speed Internet? Check.

Jailbroken fire stick? Check.

outlaw IPTV subscription? Check.

Surfshark? Check.

Yep, already LOL

  • Haha 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

 

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

 

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

doesnt feel like a real season. i hope they make it all the way through without any major outbreaks

  • Thanks 2

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time I watch Mahomes I scratch my head as I wanted the Bills to draft Mahomes at 10 in 2017.

I basically had to fight off almost all members of BBMB as I was telling them that Mahomes has the potential to be great.

They all told me that Air Raid QB's don't make it and forget about the Mahomes. Obviously, McDermott felt the same way as the fan base did at the time.

I always question how good Mahomes would have been if he was drafted here with the total lack of talent the Bills had on O.

Well, in Orchard Park, you get 2-4 massively windy days in that stadium. If you have been there 1,000 times like me, you know this, so a running game is paramount.

I question if Mahomes would be successful here in a run-oriented scheme.

Mahomes DOES HAVE WIDE OPEN RECEIVERS all the time in KC. Huge difference than what Allen has had here.

Mahomes is already at a level that could even surpass what Dan Marino did as a 22-25 year old.

We shall continue to see what Mahomes will do going forward.

Again, I was upset when McDermott decided to pass on Mahomes when he didn't have a QB on the roster that was any good.

Contrary to popular belief, the Bills could STILL have had BOTH Mahomes and Tre' White, but I digress. :classic_biggrin:

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, LIBills said:

Again, I was upset when McDermott decided to pass on Mahomes when he didn't have a QB on the roster that was any good.

Contrary to popular belief, the Bills could STILL have had BOTH Mahomes and Tre' White, but I digress. :classic_biggrin:

I'm over it.  Looking back, Mahomes would have had to play within the confines of the Bills' conservative offense with a substandard WR corps.  He definitely wouldn't have made it onto the Madden cover, that's for sure.  And for all we know, the Bills might stick with that conservative offense this season.  They say they're going to air it out, but I'm not holding my breath.  :niterider:

 

 


process.jpg

 

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Woody said:

I'm over it.  Looking back, Mahomes would have had to play within the confines of the Bills' conservative offense with a substandard WR corps.  He definitely wouldn't have made it onto the Madden cover, that's for sure.  And for all we know, the Bills might stick with that conservative offense this season.  They say they're going to air it out, but I'm not holding my breath.  :niterider:

If you have been in that stadium you know first hand that the wind in that stadium is fierce and it renders the passing game useless in about 2-4 games.

Even the opener at home against Cincinnati last year it was as windy as a mother fucker down on the field.

It's one of the big reasons that McDermott had his eye on Allen in 2017 because he knew he had the arm to rip through the winds in Orchard Park.

But they now have a trio of WR's that are almost near the level of Reed, Lofton and Beebe, so we will see if the Bills are truly more of a passing team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, LIBills said:

Every time I watch Mahomes I scratch my head as I wanted the Bills to draft Mahomes at 10 in 2017.

I basically had to fight off almost all members of BBMB as I was telling them that Mahomes has the potential to be great.

They all told me that Air Raid QB's don't make it and forget about the Mahomes. Obviously, McDermott felt the same way as the fan base did at the time.

I always question how good Mahomes would have been if he was drafted here with the total lack of talent the Bills had on O.

Well, in Orchard Park, you get 2-4 massively windy days in that stadium. If you have been there 1,000 times like me, you know this, so a running game is paramount.

I question if Mahomes would be successful here in a run-oriented scheme.

Mahomes DOES HAVE WIDE OPEN RECEIVERS all the time in KC. Huge difference than what Allen has had here.

Mahomes is already at a level that could even surpass what Dan Marino did as a 22-25 year old.

We shall continue to see what Mahomes will do going forward.

Again, I was upset when McDermott decided to pass on Mahomes when he didn't have a QB on the roster that was any good.

Contrary to popular belief, the Bills could STILL have had BOTH Mahomes and Tre' White, but I digress. :classic_biggrin:

could be worse.  You could be the Bears.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm excited, however, I am on the alert for the political nonsense.

ESPN to Televise Protesting Players and Singing of Black National Anthem

 

The players have said they will protest and, if they do, ESPN says they will televise it.

Normally ESPN only shows the honor guard and singing of the Star-Spangled Banner prior to games. However, for their opening Monday Night Football double-header, ESPN will also televise the “black national anthem,” a song known as Lift Ev’ry Voice and Sing. In addition, the network will also “show social justice movements, actions, as they happen.”

“Our policy is to cover the anthem when it’s newsworthy. That’s not going to change,” ESPN Executive Vice President of Event and Studio Production Stephanie Druley told reporters. “We are going to continue as we’ve done with the NBA and the WNBA. We will cover social justice movements, actions, as they happen. We’re not going to shy away from that.”

Druley stressed that ESPN does not view the social justice protests as being political.

“Look, we’re going to keep our main rule, which is when it intersects with sports, we’re going to cover it, and look, we don’t see the social justice movement as being political. It’s social justice,” said Druley. She can’t say if they’ll show the anthem for half the season or just two of 10 games. “I don’t know. We will make a judgment call every week. But I can tell you that Week 1, that first game, you will see the anthem — and you will see ‘Lift Every Voice.’”

As Front Office Sports report:

The normally crowded NFL sidelines will look very different to millions of TV viewers this season. The league is strictly limiting the number of people with field access to avoid infecting coaches and players.

TV sideline reporters like ESPN’s Salters and CBS’ Wolfson will have to do their jobs from the stands. There will not be military/police honor guards on the field or on-field performances of the national anthem. Ditto for cheerleaders, marching bands and team mascots.

The NFL’s 1,700 players, meanwhile, will be encouraged to salute victims of police brutality by placing decals with their names on their helmets. The league will also stencil social justice statements such as “End Racism” and “It Takes All Of Us” in end zones this season. The league will play “Lift Every Voice and Sing” before each game during opening weekend.

ESPN’s first Monday Night Football game is scheduled for September 14, when the Giants take on the Steelers and the Titans face the Broncos.

5ir2gj7vxmoz.jpg

 


Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

I'm excited, however, I am on the alert for the political nonsense.

ESPN to Televise Protesting Players and Singing of Black National Anthem

The players have said they will protest and, if they do, ESPN says they will televise it.

Normally ESPN only shows the honor guard and singing of the Star-Spangled Banner prior to games. However, for their opening Monday Night Football double-header, ESPN will also televise the “black national anthem,” a song known as Lift Ev’ry Voice and Sing. In addition, the network will also “show social justice movements, actions, as they happen.”

“Our policy is to cover the anthem when it’s newsworthy. That’s not going to change,” ESPN Executive Vice President of Event and Studio Production Stephanie Druley told reporters. “We are going to continue as we’ve done with the NBA and the WNBA. We will cover social justice movements, actions, as they happen. We’re not going to shy away from that.”

Druley stressed that ESPN does not view the social justice protests as being political.

“Look, we’re going to keep our main rule, which is when it intersects with sports, we’re going to cover it, and look, we don’t see the social justice movement as being political. It’s social justice,” said Druley. She can’t say if they’ll show the anthem for half the season or just two of 10 games. “I don’t know. We will make a judgment call every week. But I can tell you that Week 1, that first game, you will see the anthem — and you will see ‘Lift Every Voice.’”

As Front Office Sports report:

The normally crowded NFL sidelines will look very different to millions of TV viewers this season. The league is strictly limiting the number of people with field access to avoid infecting coaches and players.

TV sideline reporters like ESPN’s Salters and CBS’ Wolfson will have to do their jobs from the stands. There will not be military/police honor guards on the field or on-field performances of the national anthem. Ditto for cheerleaders, marching bands and team mascots.

The NFL’s 1,700 players, meanwhile, will be encouraged to salute victims of police brutality by placing decals with their names on their helmets. The league will also stencil social justice statements such as “End Racism” and “It Takes All Of Us” in end zones this season. The league will play “Lift Every Voice and Sing” before each game during opening weekend.

ESPN’s first Monday Night Football game is scheduled for September 14, when the Giants take on the Steelers and the Titans face the Broncos.

 

Horrible.  Guess I'll be tuning in right at kickoff tonight.  :niterider:

 


process.jpg

 

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Woody said:

Horrible.  Guess I'll be tuning in right at kickoff tonight.  :niterider:

That's how I do it. Heck with all that prelim-crap. I got drinks to make


“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

 

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

 

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good so far.  I muted the pregame.   Chiefs 17000 fans are damn loud.  Sunday with no fans we will see 


Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HipKat said:

Gigabyte download speed Internet? Check.

Jailbroken fire stick? Check.

outlaw IPTV subscription? Check.

Surfshark? Check.

Yep, already LOL

Oh   and brand new, just hung 65" LG Series 8 NanoCell tv with Polk Audio Magni-fi Max Sr AVR?? Check!!

  • Like 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

 

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

 

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL Texans.  Now they have to play the Ravens next week.  :niterider:

 

  • Thanks 1

process.jpg

 

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jc856 said:

SEANDELEVAN:

Razor blades: check

Rope: check

Vial of poison: check

Brake lines of beige Prius cut: check

YEP! 

Beer cans to throw: check 

walls to punch: check 

woods next to my house to talk a walk in to calm down and maybe get myself lost in and never come back: check 

 

  • Haha 2

miserable that 70s show GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched the whole game, I am not impressed. Seems more like an off season scrimmage.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Woody said:

Horrible.  Guess I'll be tuning in right at kickoff tonight.  :niterider:

It was bad. The national anthem was prerecorded and had two girls singing one wearing a George Floyd shirt and the other wearing a Breonna Taylor one.

chloe-halle-anthem.jpg

Then both teams lined up on the field and joined hands for a moment of silence for social justice that was anything but. I could hear fans booing and yelling during it.

Then you had jackasses Chris Collinsworthless and Al Michaels licking balls during the game and there was ANOTHER segment at halftime talking about social justice.

AND there was a Joe Biden commercial!

  • Thanks 2

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Then you had jackasses Chris Collinsworthless and Al Michaels licking balls during the game and there was ANOTHER segment at halftime talking about social justice.

AND there was a Joe Biden commercial!

Yeah I saw the Collinsworth piece, I think he came dangerously close to cancelling himself with that "Let's just get that out of the way" comment.  :niterider:

 

  • Like 1

process.jpg

 

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Woody said:

Yeah I saw the Collinsworth piece, I think he came dangerously close to cancelling himself with that "Let's just get that out of the way" comment.  :niterider:

It’s very possible he was “talked to”. Then again, at this point in his career, maybe he doesn’t care. Let someone else grovel to keep their job.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, George said:

Watched the whole game, I am not impressed. Seems more like an off season scrimmage.

Agreed. I was actually bored after 10 minutes. 

  • Thanks 1

miserable that 70s show GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...