LiterateStylish

Chris Brown (Bills reporter) was just suspended and banned from the Bills - The entire Bills marketing department quit

The entire marketing quit!

WTF!

Pegula's are such bush league bullshit owners.

I literally can't believe it.

It's like if your redneck neighbor just won a bunch of money. That's the Pegula's. Clueless!!!

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

16 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Pegula’s literally have no chill.

Suspended for “giving his observations” on training camp???

https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/199479/report-host-chris-brown-suspended-from-one-bills-l?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

They were fortunate to land McDermott first, then get Beane.  If the Carolina defense had performed well in 2016, they wouldn't have been able to even schedule an interview. 

2 hours ago, FanBack said:

I just broke the news.  The New England Patriots have hired him as their beat reporter.  He's meeting with Coach Belichick this afternoon.

You are kidding, are you? I would think so but I am not 100% sure ... lol

• Haha 1

Proud adopter of #16 Robert Foster and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Eightyfive percents

Tim Graham at the athletic

Bills ban their own reporter for violating team media policy

By Tim Graham Aug 26, 202

The Buffalo Bills have banned Chris Brown, their radio host and web reporter, from covering practices the rest of training camp and have suspended him from all their platforms, multiple sources tell The Athletic.

The Bills aren’t talking about Brown’s whereabouts, but he disappeared from practices last week after apparently violating the team’s media policy. Three days later, the longtime club employee vanished from “One Bills Live” — simulcast on WGR 550 and MSG Network — and social media without an announcement on where he went or when he will return.

Brown’s total evaporation occurred Thursday, less than two hours after heralding Barstool Sports founder Dave Portnoy’s tweet about buying title sponsorship rights to the Bills’ stadium.

An indication that Brown has been suspended and not fired, he still is listed in the team’s directory.

In another brow-raising development unrelated to Brown’s suspension, the Bills’ three-person marketing staff has quit or will be gone by the end of the week. Vice president of marketing Shaena Kershner resigned two weeks ago. Marketing coordinator Alex Compton already had left. Marketing manager Kelly Baker remains in the club directory, but sources say her last day is this week.

Sources added these are voluntary departures, peculiar considering Buffalo’s season is scheduled to begin in 18 days and the current job market is impacted by COVID-19.

Pegula Sports and Entertainment properties have jettisoned dozens of employees, including several executives, since November. Many of the moves were planned before the pandemic. Current and former PSE, Bills or Sabres employees described a “toxic culture” that worsened with downsizing and furloughs.

The Bills have posted two marketing positions on LinkedIn’s jobs board.

Kershner joined the Bills in 2017 as marketing director and last year was promoted to vice president. She declined to comment. (Full disclosure: Kershner’s husband, Gene Kershner, is a partner at CTBK accounting and business consultants, a sponsor of my radio show.)

The Bills on Wednesday declined to comment on all personnel matters. Brown did not respond to a text message about his absence.

This would not be the first time a “One Bills Live” host has been benched. John Murphy was temporarily removed in 2019 for saying the Pegulas were rash in firing Sabres head coach Phil Housley after two seasons.

Murphy left the show in May, but will continue as the Bills’ play-by-play voice. Brown took over Murphy’s role Aug. 3.

Brown’s last day at Bills practice was Aug. 17, when he apparently violated the new policy for reporting on practices. Enforcement of the policy has varied from team to team.

The 2020 media policy forbids reporting on game strategy, snap counts and with which units players are working out. The guidelines were revamped for competitive reasons, with the public unable to attend camp sessions and no preseason games being played.

The Bills seemingly prefer to keep practice developments as proprietary as possible.

General manager Brandon Beane on Wednesday suggested the Bills view anything that happens at practice to be valuable information the other 31 teams can use. Beane, in an interview with SiriusXM NFL Radio, said the Bills have their scouts mine media Twitter accounts for updates on players around the league.

The Bills distributed their 2020 media policy to reporters Aug. 16. Shortly after “One Bills Live” began at noon the next day, Brown discussed what he noticed from the first practice with co-host Steve Tasker.

Brown: “At least today, (rookie defensive end A.J. Epenesa) was lining up on the left side. In college, he was mostly on the right his senior year.”

Tasker: “Defensive left?”

Brown: “Yeah, so he was on defensive left today, primarily with the second team. It was Jerry (Hughes) and Trent (Murphy), and then the second group was A.J. and (Mario) Addison.”

Brown: “Here’s the interesting thing. The two rookie receivers we’ve talked about and the veteran receivers we have talked about, we had John Brown on the air last week, saying, ‘These two rookie receivers know our playbook better than any rookie receivers I’ve ever been around.’ They’re getting rewarded for that. At least today, they were rotating in with the starters. You have your top three, and then they roll in the next three. They’re two of the next three.”

Tasker: “Who is the other third?”

Brown: “I’m trying to think off the top of my head. It was rotating a bit. I know Robert Foster was out there once. Andre Roberts was out there once. But those two kids were rolling in. They didn’t make a ton of plays. Hodgins had a couple of catches, a nice 20-yard reception. But those two kids were rolling in, something to keep an eye on going forward.”

Brown: “As Coach McDermott told us in a Zoom call last week, Cody Ford would work at both guard and tackle, and that proved to be the case today.”

Tasker: “Who was around him?”

Brown: “Mitch Morse is the staple at the pivot. We know that. And Daryl Williams was the right tackle with him when (Ford) was playing guard, and then when (Ford) would switch and play tackle, he would have Brian Winters next to him. So he was flipping back and forth. You kind of wonder … I’m sure that how Cody plays at both of those positions will ultimately help determine where he winds up. But I think it’s also predicated, Steve, on who’s quickest on the uptick in terms of blending in with those four returning players. Does Winters work better or does Williams work better?”

Those “One Bills Live” exchanges have been scrubbed from WGR’s online audio.

Brown was absent from practice the rest of the week and disappeared from his radio show by Friday. He apparently has not logged into the 12 media video conferences the Bills have held over that time.

Brown hasn’t tweeted since 4:23 p.m. Thursday, less than two hours after he shared Portnoy’s tweet that claimed he was “very serious” about buying the rights to rebrand the Bills’ stadium.

“Stadium naming development here. Head of Barstool Sports. #Bills,” Brown trumpeted.

Barstool Sports has a contentious relationship with the NFL. Portnoy was arrested in 2015 for trespassing at the NFL’s headquarters. Caught with a fake press pass, he was ejected from a Super Bowl 53 media event and then forcibly removed from Mercedes-Benz Stadium six days later for trying to get into the game despite being blacklisted.

Portnoy tried to win a charity auction this spring by pledging $250,000 to watch a Monday night game at NFL commissioner Roger Goodell’s house. The NFL denied the winning bid, citing as part of a failed background check that Portnoy in 2011 posted a photo of Tom Brady’s naked 2-year-old son.

Jessie Pegula, daughter of Bills owners Terry and Kim Pegula, tweeted back at Portnoy: “‘Deal with the exception we get unlimited High Noons. Thxs.” High Noon is a Barstool-branded vodka seltzer.

Brown has been replaced on “One Bills Live” by a series of guest co-hosts: former Bills linebacker Lorenzo Alexander on Friday, WIVB Channel 4 sports director Josh Reed on Monday and ESPN anchor Kevin Connors on Tuesday and Wednesday.

The NFL has not responded to a Thursday email about the legitimacy of Barstool purchasing naming rights to a franchisee’s stadium.

Brown joined the Bills in 2006. He started in the team’s marketing and broadcast department as new media/publications manager, also writing for Bills Digest. His title switched to “lead journalist” and in 2014 became “Bills insider.” The department was renamed “media and content” in 2015. Brown previously worked as a reporter for Empire Sports Network and WGR.

— Matthew Fairburn contributed reporting to this story

lol

ECQKgbmW4AAkI5n.jpg:large

2 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Wow!

Damn....

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

4 minutes ago, 212frawk said:

Tim Graham at the athletic

Bills ban their own reporter for violating team media policy

By Tim Graham Aug 26, 202

$10 says Bowman quotes this whole long post and then replies with “Pegulas suck. Dopes “

• Haha 2

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

49 minutes ago, Topas said:

You are kidding, are you? I would think so but I am not 100% sure ... lol

Yes it's a joke. 

4 hours ago, 212frawk said:

I wouldnt normally post that long ass article but its behind the paywall and i doubt many of the cheap shits around here pay for it so it was a public service.

You could buy and sell us all

I'm waiting for more details before judging.

• Thanks 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Maybe the marketing staff sucked & they’d like some new ideas and sponsorships, what’s the stadium’s name again ?

the-departed-2006-10#content

5 hours ago, Skooby said:

Maybe the marketing staff sucked & they’d like some new ideas and sponsorships, what’s the stadium’s name again ?

That's a  possibility

Seek help. soflabillsfan

13 hours ago, Angry Byrds said:

You could buy and sell us all

truth hurts?

lol

10 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

I'm waiting for more details before judging.

What more details would you like? Lmao

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

21 minutes ago, 212frawk said:

truth hurts?

Except a man who brags about his riches is a sad lonely man.

9 minutes ago, Angry Byrds said:

Except a man who brags about his riches is a sad lonely man.

Or, it was said in response someone that needed to hear it.  

• Thanks 1

lol

4 minutes ago, 212frawk said:

Or, it was said in response someone that needed to hear it.  

Could be that too

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HipKat said:

That's a  possibility

your avatar is disturbing in small size.   First impression is it's a big hairy ass.   But upon closer inspection, I think I need to see a full size pic.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

18 minutes ago, miamibillsnut said:

your avatar is disturbing in small size.   First impression is it's a big hairy ass.   But upon closer inspection, I think I need to see a full size pic.

You're not alone.  I thought it was a hairy man ass at first glance.  For a second I thought Hip had gone fruity on us.  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

1 hour ago, miamibillsnut said:

Are you using your phone? Because on my tablet and on my computer it’s pretty big and definitely not hairy

Seek help. soflabillsfan